TKGA & CGOA Spring Market 2005

cinfulkarmah

Have you all seen that the CGOA is going to be at the TKGA National Convention? Apparently they are holding it at the "Sping Market" so CGOA is having a Regional there at the same time.

Where is it?

Valley Forge, PA

When is it?

March 31st-April 3rd 2005

Where's the Info?

CGOA

TKGA

Fiber Arts Market

Why am I so excited?

Because Valley Forge is in reasonable driving distance for me! Woohoo!

Now I jsut have to go and convince Hubby to watch the kiddos and fork over loads of cash. ROFL!

I was thinking of going, but I would have to fly. Add airfare to the cost of actually attending the CGOA Regional and I haven't been able to justify it to myself. Hubby says I should go, but I may wait until the Regional is actually in my region! :P

I know what you mean about the cost. That's why I was excited that it was near by. That way no paying for travel or lodging. Definitely a plus.

Where are you located? They are having "regionals" now all over the place, so one may be closer to you soon.

I'm in NC. I'm guessing that a closer regional won't be soon because I missed the very first one last year, which was in Georgia. I'll probably have to wait for it to cycle around again. :P

It's a shame that they don't post the schedule for the upcoming years on the site. Then ppl could plan way in advance and start saving now. Lol.

I know what you mean about the drive from NC to here. We went down to Myrtle Beach last year and it's quite a haul. But we must not mind it, because we are doing it again this year! :D

It does, Elizabeth! I really should go to the Maryland Wool Fest! :thinking1

Yeah, it would be nice if we knew a little more in advance, but I think last year was the very first Regional ever, so they're probably not that far ahead in planning yet.

I'll be at the CGOA Spring Regional, and if I might clarify...

The CGOA and the TKGA will be holding simultaneous conventions; they are separate events, just in the same 'place' at the same time.

The Fiber Arts Market will feature vendors likely from around the country and will maybe include beads and buttons, too :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to go on Saturday to the Market. That is after hubby gets home fromw ork in the morning. Lol.

What day(s) will everyone else be going?

• 3 weeks later...

The TGKA, CGOA & Fiber Arts Market event in Valley Forge is less than a week away! WOOHOO!

COUPON

Here is an online discount coupon to print for $2.00 off of the $5.00 admission price for the Fiber Arts Market. http://pdf.fiberartsmarket.com/famsprepn.pdf

LEARN TO KNIT

With paid admission they are offering free Learn to Knit classes. They are 45 minute classes and they give you all the materials to use and a scarf kit to take home! Just pick up your class ticket when you pay for your admission. Scroll down to the second page to read about it here: http://pdf.fiberartsmarket.com/events.pdf

EXHIBITORS

You can see the list of exhibitors for the Firber Arts Market here: http://www.e-offinger.net/fiber/exhlistspring.cfm

I am planning on going to the Fiber Arts market on Saturday. I can't wait to get to wander around and drool at all the displays. :D

Gotta go around the house and turn out all the pants pockets and search the sofa cushions for loose change! That market is going to be one big old fiber feast! My eyes will be popping out of my head and my hands will be itching to feel all the yummy yarn.

I've never been to one of these events. I shall have to take my camera along and snaps some shots of it all.

Archived