Hats for my sister

CrochetLiving

I'm sorry to hear about your sister but having you make hats for her will brighten her spirits. Lion Brand Fun Fur makes into a great chemo hat that actually looks like a 'punk' hair cut and there's a free pattern on the web for them. They feel really cool to wear in the summertime and the champagne color looks like blond hair.

~ Debby

Thanks for the advice on the color for fun fur and pattern. She is a green-eyed blond. Her father was German. My sister is so beautiful, within and without. It breaks my heart to know what she's going through.

Maria,

This link shows the knit instructions and what it looks like: http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/kpatt10.htm

The crochet instructions are on the right hand side but they made it out of a more funky yarn. If you make it out of a plain eyelash yarn it really does look neat like the pictures show.

Sometimes I think cancer is as hard on our friends and family as it is the patient. But if you're there to listen to her, let her 'vent' once in a while, and just give her a good old hug :hug it helps a lot!

~ Debby

Archived