Comfort Afghan request

hollier2002

My best friends nephew is a sgt in the army and he is deployed in Iraq right now. Friday night his house burnt down. His wife and 18 month old daughter is alright but they lost everything. When I heard what happened, the first thing I thought of was Crochetville. I have never done a comfort ghan before so I am asking y'all for help. If you have any extra squares or yarn to make squares please send them .. they will be greatly appreciated. Doesn't matter what color and I think the size maybe should be 12"?? I don't know about the size because I have never done this before. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

Christine

****They let him come back from Iraq so he can get his family settled in again. The National Guard has donated a house full of furniture already. I tried a square today. I think it is called esther's square. I did variegated in the middle and a solid color on the last 3 rounds. I will try to make as many as I can. Thanks for the ideas*******

Why not talk to the Blanky Brigade ladies? They are making blankets for kids of deployed soldiers...they might be able to help you! I'm sorry I can't help you out myself right now I can't take on any more projects...:juggle

hugs

ro

I think asking the blankey brigade is a good idea.

But also...I think that 12" squares would be fine if you are making a blanket for the mother. But I think for a little one smaller 6" or 7" squares would be better. Just my opinion :)

I will be glad to help with squares.

Barbara

Thank you, to nashville crocheter, the one that offered to help with the squares, but crochetaddict033 pm'd me yesterday and told me about heartmade blessings. So I emailed them and requested a comfortghan and a bearghan for the baby and I got an email telling me that they will work on them and get them mailed out as soon as possible. So, I have a few 12" squares that I started to help with my comfortghan but are no longer needed. Does anyone else need some? I can mail them out next week.

Archived