Craft Shows

Tiffany

Does anyone know of good places to find out about upcoming craft shows? I always seem to find out about mine locally after the fact. Are newspapers good places? Craft stores? Libraries? What do y'all think?

We have several farmer's markets here in Las Vegas weekly. Do you think that there might be craft/yarn vendors at a place like that?

We have several farmer's markets here in Las Vegas weekly. Do you think that there might be craft/yarn vendors at a place like that?

It probably would be folks selling stuff they've made, but you never know. We live in a small town so that is more what we get here. Bigger areas might get a better variety of goods. Another thing to try might be the local farmer's almanac. There is a mailed version that we get weekly, just to see the ads and things. I don't remember how I found it, but knowing me, probably searching around Google. I definitely requested it online.

We get the Advertiser and somtimes they are in there.

I know that there are some sites that you can sign up on to find out about craft shows.

It might have been posted here.

If you try craft shows, let us know how they go!

I don't know if they have picked up yet or not. they were down last year.

:rolleyes Amber

• 2 weeks later...

Tiff,

Newspapers are always good. We have a very small local newspaper here that always lists events like that. Do you have one of those advertisment channels on your local cable tv? Ya know....one of those types that it just shows ad after ad....we have one that is local to my county, and while it is a bit boring to sit and watch ...if you do it with a pen and pencil you may just find a phone number or two to a local craft show.

There are also a few places online you can look under your state:

www.artandcraftshows.net/

www.smartfrogs.com/

www.festivalnet.com/index.htm

hope that helps some

Ro-

Guest julianscat

You may want to check out schedules at local community centers and the smaller convention centers. The town I work in (Belleville, IL) has its craft show at the local county fairgrounds.

Emily

• 8 months later...

Tiff,

They have an open air swap meet, on Las Vegas Blvd and Pecos, it's called Broad Acres, they have a lady in there that has yarn and threads for sale, along with doilies she's made and stuff.

As for craft shows and stuff, you might want to check the Thrifty Nickel or go on line to the What's Happening, and check out what they have.

you can always just message me, if you wanna know where stuff is, if i can remember i'll let you know.

I sure miss Vegas

XOXO

rori:blah

I was just going to mention the swap meet.

Also the malls have craft shows but not sure if that's what you're looking for.

And be sure to check out Coomers.

4488 N Rancho Dr

It's one of those consignment craft stores.

There used to be one on Maryland across from the Boulavard mall but I think it might be gone now. I loved that one.

• 2 weeks later...

If you see a local craft show go to it. A lot of the crafters there have papers that they hand out with their upcoming show schedule. It's a good way to find out about more shows in the future. Also a handy refernece to see the ones you missed for the next year.

Another thing to do is to ask the vendors there about the shows they have been to and how they have worked for them.

Archived