come on in and rate your crochet experience level

I rate my crochet level at:  

320 members have voted

1. 1. I rate my crochet level at:

• beginner
    • advanced beginner
    • intermediate
    • expert

I don't think that there is any expert crocheters. There are so many stitches and patterns out there. Intermediate is probably my rating. But I can handle to super advanced stuff.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I learned to crochet when I was about 10 I've really only finished a few projects. I've picked up and put down my crochet so many times through out the years. There is so much I haven't tried but can do all the basic stitches so I voted advanced beginner

I had to go with intermediate. I felt like I was above beginner levels because I've been crocheting since I was a kid and originally learned to copy projects (i.e. doilies) by sight. Had to teach myself to read patterns :) I'm comfortable with big aluminum hooks and thick yarn as well as thread and have made a couple of garments, doilies, granny squares and filet crochet. Still have yet to venture into areas like tunsian or felting so I have a ways to go before I hit expert! And for all of you out there who ARE expert, don't be afraid to say so, you've worked hard to get there!!

I went intermediate...there are many things I know and am good at and others I have yet to learn. When I tackle a project I stay with it until it is finished...even if I have to stay up all night to get it done and there are others I can turn to if I need stitch help.

I voted intermediate. Even though I have been crocheting for over 40 years I too am still learning new stitches. Some I love and some I hate and will never do again. lol.

Archived