Walmart - more bad yarn news!

charkitty

Was in Walmart (Boothwyn, PA) yarn section and was very disappointed to see very little yarn...looked like it was going out of business or previously had a big sale. Asked employee if they were going to get any more yarn. Of course, she gave me the dreaded answer....the yarn/fabric area is going to drastically be reduced and a 'Party Land' will take up most of the space. She said the manager really fought to keep yarn/fabric, but no success. What's with Walmart and Party Land?!!! Most of the party land stuff can be gotten at any dollar store for far less!

Walmart has really changed. The shelves are not stocked as well as in the past. The clothes selections suck and the sales are not what they used to be. Beginning to look more like a grocery store!

End of rant! lol

charkitty

I agree with you,

If Sam Walton could see how the Wall-mart store has changed

he would be very upset.

I am glad we have Michaels, ACMoores and JoAnns

I hope none of those go out ; I'd have to order every thing on line.:(

I agree with you,

If Sam Walton could see how the Wall-mart store has changed

he would be very upset.

I am glad we have Michaels, ACMoores and JoAnns

I hope none of those go out ; I'd have to order every thing on line.:(

I agree, Sam Walton wouldn't like what's happened at all.

I thought our walmarts here in Puerto Rico were horrible...and to think they are building another one really close to my house...and for what I ask..there is never anything I go get...(yarn).

I have to agree with you, wally world is not what it used to be. The selections of things are getting worse,I am glad for the craft stores and thier sales, for the yard sale and flea market finds.Thier customer service is getting worse and its rare they care about the customer anymore.Its all about the almight buck!!

Kim

I rarely go to WalMart for anything anymore. I'm lucky to have nearby craft and fabric stores, and generally can get anything else at Target for not much more and in a more pleasant setting.

Wow my walmart is pretty good then. We have more RH (my favorite) and lots of Peaches & Cream in cones in so many color choices. Plus more. The Size 3 thread did go up in price a bit. I went last night and it was clean and nice and lots of choice in a lot of things. Maybe we have a better manager running the store? Anyway until they stop selling yarn, I shop there (I rarely shop the other stores now because they don't sell yarn).

Debbi

I was just at my local walmart and they had a surprisingly fair collection of yarns and it was very neat and organized. In fact they had more thread and peaches & Cream than Hobby Lobby did and it was cheaper.

They also have more Lion Brand homespun which I love for making scarves.

You know, I have noticed that our Wal-Mart and the Wal-Mart's in surrounding areas are really going down hill in the arts and crafts dept. We still have a small selection of yarns, but over all the crafts dept is shrinking in size except for fabrics. At one time, our Wal-Mart's had a fair amount of pattern books, but now we have like 4 pattern books to choose from:eek I couldn't believe it. Our Target stores don't even carry yarn. I couldn't believe it the other nite when I was there. I was so disappointed. Thank goodness we still have Hobby Lobby, Michaels, JoAnn's and a few other craft stores or we would be up the creek as far as crochet supplies and yarns go.

I live in a little town and Walmart is the only choice we have within 30miles and they just discontinued their sewing department. No more yarn, sewing goods etc. Stinks doesn't it?

Was in Walmart (Boothwyn, PA) yarn section and was very disappointed to see very little yarn...looked like it was going out of business or previously had a big sale. Asked employee if they were going to get any more yarn. Of course, she gave me the dreaded answer....the yarn/fabric area is going to drastically be reduced and a 'Party Land' will take up most of the space. She said the manager really fought to keep yarn/fabric, but no success. What's with Walmart and Party Land?!!! Most of the party land stuff can be gotten at any dollar store for far less!

Walmart has really changed. The shelves are not stocked as well as in the past. The clothes selections suck and the sales are not what they used to be. Beginning to look more like a grocery store!

End of rant! lol

charkitty

Our WallyWorld remodeled about a year ago, as a result the once vary large craft section, which you could find practically anything....was eliminated. I live in a small town, and the closest place to buy fabric and yarn is about 40 miles away.

However recently because of many complaints, including yours truely :devil we now have a small section that has yarn....most RH in limited color choices and some Peaches and Cream. It's better than nothing, but far from satisfactory.

Maybe we should start a letter writting campaign to protest.

Pam

Our WM yarn/fabric section was severely reduced during the remodel but they still carry a fair amount of yarn/Peaches & Cream/thread. The one-pound P&C cones are only $6.64 each, which is HALF of what they are in catalogues and online (and no shipping).

I agree, Walmart is lossing a lot of business by doing away with their yarn. I used to shop there all the time for my projects but now I use Michaels and AC Moore. The selection is a lot better and they have good sales.

Wal Mart is going downhill around here. We have three stores, all of them SuperCenters now... and they all suck. Very little yarn or any other craft items. And the grocery dept. sucks too. Yep, Sam Walton would turn over in his grave if he could see what they've done to it.

lol....

We all should write and email wal-mart< notice the little w ? ,, because they shrunk so much stuff and taken so much stuff they need to have a little w. hehe...:heehee

I've spent $175.00 + on yarn and beads, books this past 2 weeks. If we all wrote in to walmart and tell them how much we spent and where we spent it at, maybe wal-mart would see how much money they are loosing and who is getting our money.

1. Craft Etc. got my money for the yarn I ordered $60.00 or so plus free shipping.
  2. Ac Moore got my money for the yarns $42.00 plus free shipping.
  3. someone on Ebay got my money for beads $40.00+ plus free shipping.
  4. and another person on E-bay got my money for crochet books $30.00+ $shipping.
  5. someone from on-line got my money for crochet books $28.00 + shipping..

yep, wal-mart could had my money for the yarn and 3 threads I ordered.

I would still have gotten the beads and books online tho. knowing wal-mart would not have those.

I got my order from Ac moore 2 days after I ordered on line. craft Etc 4 days and yes I would order again. all one dye lot and great selection of colors on line.

Maybe someone would know how to get one of those wal-mart things going and we all could write on it, about how much we have spent the last few weeks and where--if you don't want to say where I guess saying the net would be ok. . Maybe it would be enough to bring the yarn back into out towns.

I have to order the yarn our wal-mart just dont have enough of the same dye lotsometimes and , and have quit taking orders,.I asked to get another red heart line in and they said no. whats on the shelf is what we get now. I said its still Red Heart just a different line. they said no. Oh well there loss. and AcMoore gain. I can order what colors they already have. but that won't help me, I wanted TLC baby and now I have it thanks to ACmoore.

sunnywolfgar

Im near St. George Utah And we still have yarn and material. there are 2 stores there but Ive only been in one They told me in the craft section that they are keeping the yarn and craft because they do such a good bussiness with it. Sure hope its true I cant afford the yarn in the craft stores There prices are really high here I would have to order it.

Looks like all Walmarts are scaling down on yarn---the one here cut back on sewing supplies, fabric,(very little in the way of sewing supplies or patterns to buy now) and yarn--although you can still buy some red heart, lionbrand and others, they have one small section for the yarn now---it used to be wall to wall yarn. Now its mostly "crafty crafts"--they even cut out the cross stitch thread and books. If I can't get to hobby lobby, I buy online.

Archived