Grey and Pink Earflap Hat! (PATTERN ADDED!!)

kestrel5287

So, here is an Earflap Hat I made. No pattern, just winged it...I like this the best out of all my earflap attempts...but I think next time, I will make the earflaps a bit larger...what do you think?

Yarn- Caron Simply Soft

Hook - US size F

Pattern - My Own

100_0472.jpg

Hope you like it!

ok, here's the pattern, I hope it works out for you!

Pink & Grey Earflap Hat Pattern

Materials:

Size F crochet hook

Caron Simply Soft in Grey Heather (MC)

Caron Simply Soft in Soft Pink (CC)

NOTE: I am assuming that you have basic knowledge of increasing, decreasing, sc, dc, and joining in the round.

Hat Body

Rnd 1: With MC, ch 4 dc in 4th ch from hook 11 times. Join with slst to first ch (ch 3 counts as first dc throughout DO NOT TURN)

Rnd 2: ch 3; dc in slst just made work 2dc into each st around; join with slst to top of ch3

Rnd 3: ch 3; dc in slst just made *1dc in next dc, 2dc in next dc; repeat from * around join with slst to top of ch3

Rnd 4: ch 3; dc in slst just made *1dc in next 2 dcs, 2dc in next dc; repeat from * around join with slst to top of ch3

Rnd 5: ch 3; dc in slst just made *1dc in next 3 dcs, 2dc in next dc; repeat from * around join with slst to top of ch3

Rnd 6: ch 3; dc in slst just made *1dc in next 4 dcs, 2dc in next dc; repeat from * around join with slst to top of ch3

Rnd 7: ch 3; dc in slst just made *1dc in next 5 dcs, 2dc in next dc; repeat from * around join with slst to top of ch3

Rnds 8-19: ch3; dc in next dc and in each dc around; join with slst to top of ch3

Rnd 20: ch 2 (counts as first sc) and sc in each dc around join with slst to ch2 finish off MC

Earflaps

NOTE: this part may be a little confusing at first

To Figure out placement of earflaps, fold hat flat so the seam is in the center. Now, count out eight sts from the folded end. This is where you will join your yarn.

Row 1: Join yarn in designated st, ch2 (counts as first sc) sc in next 15sts turn; 16sts total

Row 2: DO NOT CH dc decrease in first 2sts dc in next 12sts dc decrease in last 2sts; turn 14sts

Row 3: DO NOT CH dc decrease in first 2sts dc in next 10sts dc decrease in last 2sts; turn 12 sts

Row 4: ch 1, sc decrease in first 2sts sc in next 8sts sc decrease in last 2 sts; turn 10sts

Row 5: ch 1, sc decrease in first 2sts sc in next 6sts sc decrease in last 2 sts; turn 8sts

Row 6: ch 1, sc decrease in first 2sts sc in next 4sts sc decrease in last 2 sts; turn 6sts

Row 7: ch 1, sc decrease in first 2sts sc in next 2sts sc decrease in last 2 sts; turn 4sts

Row 8: ch 1, sc decrease in first 2sts sc decrease in last 2 sts; 2sts Finish off MC

Repeat on other side for other earflap.

Edging:

With CC, join with sc at base of one of the earflaps. sc into side of earflap until you reach the 1st sc;

ch 26, turn sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch after (25sc) sc in 2nd sc on earflap. continue sc around entire hat, repeat process with 2nd earflap.

Join with slst to first st. Finish off. Weave in ends

Make 3 Pompoms total. Attach 1 to the sc row you made on each earflap and atatch 1 to top of hat, and voila! you should have an earflap hat!

If you have any questions or concerns, please pm me or email me at: krystal_howarth AT yahoo DOT com

I love your hat. My father-in-law wants me to make him one like that so his ears will be warm when he rides his motorcycle (he refuses to wear a helmet, no matter how much we all nag him).

The colors you used are beautiful, and I love the pom-poms.

I really like it. I have to ask though, if the earflap hats are really popular amongst the kids. I am making hats & mittens to donate to the Big Brother/Big Sister program and would love to make some of these if the kids love this style. All my grandkids are under the age of 6, so they love whatever I make for them.

Archived