Sign in to follow this  
Shebop

Broomstick Lace Triangle Shawl

Hi girls!

I was inspried to learn broomstick lace by the athenian scarf and wonderful tutorial. (Thank you widbit!)

I made a triangel shawl and am really happy with how it turned out! There is more info and links on my blog if your're interested.

Thanks for looking!

th_broomstick3.jpg

th_broomstick2.jpg

th_broomstick1.jpg

Beautiful! This is silly, but when I first glanced at the third picture I thought it was a rear end with a thong! I guess becuase the sheets on the bed are flesh colored?? LOL.

You did a great job, it's really pretty!

LOL Purlwise!!!

i love your shawl! its so innovative.. the broomstick pattern scarf is still a WIM for me.. mebbe ishould change that into a shawl now! i simply love the look of it! which yarn did you use?

Purlwise, my sister in law emailed me the same thing yesterday when she looked at my blog. She thought I'd made a thong! Its funny you both saw it that way!

I used sage green red heart super saver. It was very rough and scratchy and next time I do broomstick lace I'll use something much lighter, but this yarn was given to me (quite a bit of it) and I've been trying to use it up for quite awhile. Washing softened it up a bit and I hope over time it will soften even more.

Thank you all for your kind words, I really enjoyed learning the broomstick technique! Its not hard, find a tut. and try it yourself!

That is lovely. My Nana used to do broomstick and one day I should try it out. When I first looked at the bottom picture it looked liked a bikini bottom!

I like this....I love this stitch but never attempted to try it. I have some yarn that I think I'm going use to attempt it and make a shawl. I truly love it.

Beautiful! This is silly, but when I first glanced at the third picture I thought it was a rear end with a thong! I guess becuase the sheets on the bed are flesh colored?? LOL.

You did a great job, it's really pretty!

That is so funny. Now that you mentioned it...:sofunny

very nice! I tried to make a scarf from broomstick lace but because I hold my hook like a knitting needle, I found it hard to transfere the work onto the knitting needle without having to hold it under my arm! I taught myself to crochet and didnt learn holding the hook the right way!

It's beautiful! I still haven't attempted broomstick lace, but I think it's gorgeous.

However, when I first looked at it, the shawl looked like your bed was wearing a thong. :eek