Socks! (Pattern added)

Sonny321

I picked up a couple skeins of sock yarn, a pattern booklet and some double pointed needles, intending to teach myself how to knit socks. And while I haven't given up entirely, I did decide I needed some instant gratification. So I opted to crochet one of the skeins, and save the other for my knitted sock attempt/disaster.

I LOVE how these turned out.

No pattern, it's just your basic toe up style sock with a few minor customizations. I opt to start my toes with a circle, ch 2 and work 8 sc into the 2nd ch from hook. And then increase like you normally do when making a circle. I joined the rounds ( mainly because the stitch patten in the main body of the sock is worked in such a way that you have to turn with each row. ) Once I got the toe part the right size I started a simple 2 row pattern repeat. The stitch pattern makes the joinings virtually invisable which I like.

You can find the pattern here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1139935#post1139935

th_IMG00249.jpg

I would love your sock pattern as well. I have made crocheted socks before and they came out ok, but the pattern was not the best. There were several parts where I had to wing it.

One of my goals this year was to learn to knit socks, but knitting is so much slower than crochet. Any crocheted sock patterns would be welcome, especially if I can size the pattern up to fit DH's size 15 feed.

Your socks look great!

These are great! Funny, I just started crocheting a pair of toe-up socks and am trying to figure out the heel section. I love your pattern design!

Archived