Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

I have watched this thread for months! I made my sister a round ripple for Christmas out of Homespun yarn so thought I would join this CAL if it's ok? These are my favorite afghans to make and I used Aggie May's pattern ~ of course!

th_Christmas2008012.jpgth_Christmas2008014.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm jumping aboard and am making a baby round ripple using Aggie May's pattern. I'm hoping this works out better than my Starghan which just didn't want to behave itself and lay out nicely.

I'm just starting my blanket tonight and will post more as I get something accomplished for my first grand baby that I found out about on Saturday. :cheer

I'm so excited about my grand baby and doing this pattern so here I go!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a little bump to make it easier for folks to find this great CAL.

There have been a couple of questions in Help lately about this so I thought a bump might be useful :wlol

• 2 months later...

I am finding this technique interesting. I cam across a beautiful Round Ripple with a basic Granny Square centre that I want to figure out. I have not seen a pattern for this particular design anywhere. I plan to work it out in a dishcloth pattern first, then an afghan.

Cora

• 1 month later...
This is what I have done so far.

[ATTACH]4496[/ATTACH]

OMG! :eek (Light bulb clicks ON). Is THIS how you add the extra points? If so...no wonder mine never worked out before!!!! Someone please tell me....if this is how to do it ~ then it makes so much more sense now. I never knew you ended off to add the points....dang....now I HAVE to start one!

I"ve been a long time absent from the boards. Needed a break and then had a lot of issues come up. I'm really glad to be back. I'm almost done with this one. I started it quite a while ago. Darski was kind enough and I used her 6 point pattern to start. Great pattern Darki, :hug, it worked out perfectly.

I'm really happy with the way it's coming out. I used modified granny squares to add the extra points. I have one more row of the brown and five more rows of Ranch Red. Now the only problem I have is...I ran out of the varigated I was using. It's TLC Essentials High Plains, and, when I went to get more I found out it was discontinued...:thair. So, if anyone knows where I can get some that would be great. I am using that to do the last row. It will finish it off perfectly. It's just what it needs. I'll try to post a pic soon.

• 4 months later...

I have attempted a rr once and failed.:lol I had only been crocheting for about a month at the time though. I am currently working on a star. Does that count as a round ripple?? If so I would like to join if not I got pretty of yarn to have another go at one. I'll post a pic so you know what I'm talking about. It's a lot bigger now, but I can't find my camera. I think when my neice was over she had it and probably put it down somewhere that I haven't came across yet.

post-33123-135897478197_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I want to make one!!!

I know I am a couple years behind most of you!!!

I want to do it in a Raspberry Pink, Light Pink, and White.

I have a couple different baby patterns....but I want an adult size afghan...will it be very hard to extend it?

Thanks!!!

Mary*MI

http://crochet-crazed.blogspot.com

http://paper-crazed.blogspot.com

I looked through my patterns....and I have the Ripple Pattern Book, with the Aztec Sun in it!!!!! So that is the one I will be doing. After I do that, then I would like to try Aggie May's where you add your own points.

I have been reading this thread, and am only up to page 135!!!! I love seeing everyone's work!!!!

Very inspiring!!!

Mary*MI

http://crochet-crazed.blogspot.com

http://paper-crazed.blogspot.com

I'm working on an 8-point RR. It will be a baby blanket. I'm using Caron Simply Soft in Sage, White, and Soft Yellow. I'm thinking about adding points.. I'll let you know what I decide. The major factor is I'm using yarn out of my stash, and don't know if I will have enough yarn to make it work. At this point it's bout 26" from point to point...

I'm working on an 8-point RR. It will be a baby blanket. I'm using Caron Simply Soft in Sage, White, and Soft Yellow. I'm thinking about adding points.. I'll let you know what I decide. The major factor is I'm using yarn out of my stash, and don't know if I will have enough yarn to make it work. At this point it's bout 26" from point to point...

Those colors will be soooo pretty!!!! It is nice to be able to use up some of the Stash!!!

I was just wondering who has made afghans with Aggie May's pattern?!?!?!?!

I would like to use this pattern, but would love to see some color combos of it done up before I decide on how many or what colors to use.

If you could post a link, or send me an email that would be great!!!!

mfranklin_1@yahoo.com

I was just wondering who has made afghans with Aggie May's pattern?!?!?!?!

I would like to use this pattern, but would love to see some color combos of it done up before I decide on how many or what colors to use.

If you could post a link, or send me an email that would be great!!!!

mfranklin_1@yahoo.com

post-10977-135897519124_thumb.jpg

Here is a 6 point RR I crocheted with reclaimed blue cotton yarn along with some white cotton I had. You can use just about any combination when doing RRs and they look good.

Here are some 12 point RRs that I did using Aggie May's pattern too. Her 12 point pattern is just a bit different and if you PM her, she will email you that pattern.

post-10977-135897519128_thumb.jpg

post-10977-13589751913_thumb.jpg

post-10977-135897519131_thumb.jpg

Archived