Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I started my first (successful) round ripple using Aggie May's pattern two nights ago. I have made it ten rounds and should have this baby afghan finished in a week or so. The pattern is soooo easy to understand and follow as ripples always confuse me. I am using RH Baby Sport yarn in green, yellow and white. I will post a picture when I am done.

Ellen

I have a question ~ I started making one one of these and was doing fine until I added the points. Now it won't lay flat and the points are all curling up...what am I doing wrong? Anybody know?

Are you doing the AA one? that one seems to curl for some people. What they've done is the center "star" in one size hook smaller then the rest of the afghan.

I didn't end up doing that and it's not too bad. I couldn't remember where to change hook sizes.

No I used Aggie Mays RR pattern that is posted on page 1 of this thread and followed the instructions for adding the points. I did end up changing to a larger hook but maybe I should have done than immediately after adding the points? I just hate to frog it but I really just feel like giving up!

I did Angie's May a long time ago, but not adding the additional points. I thought it worked out fine, but can't remember (it was a year ago). Maybe I changed it, I sometimes do that in patterns. I hope someone can help you.

I've been working on mine a little bit. I was going to post a picture, but just haven't gotten around to it and I've done additional rows.

I finished my RR and I can't wait for my co-worker Mandy to get it this Thursday.

My heart is braking though. I woke in the middle of the night Sunday/Monday feeling like I was getting a cold. By Monday afternoon I couldn't deny the fact that it is actually the flu. Now it's Tuesday and I am worse still. I'll be off to the doctor tomorrow morning and look forward to getting some help fighting this off. I am now way past flu and definately at the very least bronchitis. I can hardly breathe even with pumping myself full of expectorants. Well, long story longer, I'll be 40 this coming February and this was the first time in my life to ever be invited to a baby shower including never having had one when I was expecting and I have to miss it. I've been weepy about it all day. I won't even get to see her reaction when she opens it up.

(not sure how to make these images instead of links...sorry bout that)

OK OK the happy news. The blankie went along swimmingly and I am very pleased with how well the "neutral" baby colors actually worked together.

12 point round ripple baby shower gift

I saw a post way back when of someone using a chained rope style edging on their afghan and liked it so much i decided to use it on the baby blankie.

3 Color Rope style edging.

THEN! The wierdo side of me kicked in while I was boxing it up. I couldn't decide how to fold it up to go in the box! Then a little lightbulb appeared above my head. I hit the trusty ole www and searched for a picture of a newborn, printed the best one out life sized (for a newborn that is), cut it out, and then swaddled the blankie around the picture! It's sooooo cute and silly all at the same time! When Mandy pulls back the tissue paper this is what she will see.

Swaddled in the Gift Box

I hope you like it and I really really hope she doesn't think I'm some sort of freak for doing that. Well, not any more than she already does anyway. LOL

Last month it was finally announced that it is going to be a boy. KEWL! Something to go on! I went to the local Reebok outlet store and got the absolutely cutest little black Reebok hi-top sneakers for him in the teensiest size they had available. Size 2. I know, a bit on the big side for a newborn BUT he'll have plenty of wiggle room for a little while and they will last him a little longer this way. (that's what I'm telling myself anyways hehe) I actually spent $40 on these puppies that I could by no means afford but I just couldn't with every fiber of my being walk away from them LOL. Besides! I had never ever been invited to a baby shower before and that is a very special thing to me and with that if they were $140 I would have probably put them on layaway...good thing they were "only" $40 haha.

Before the flood gates open up and short circuit my keyboard, this needs to mark the end of my post.

Hook On!

T-

PS if a moderator or someone with a bit of pc savvy would be willing to fix the links so they show here I would be eternally grateful.

Beautiful afghan! I love the colors and the border is wonderful! Do you remember where the post was at on how to do that? And I LOVE the idea of the baby face! Too cute! Hope you get better fast...makes me want to go get a flu shot.

I'd like to join. I made one of these from Aggie May's pattern and it was a hit! I will be making one for our new niece/nephew as soon as my sister announces her pregnancy here in a few weeks. Then we just pray everything goes better for her this time around. Im excited though!!! I love the pattern!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't posted for quite awhile. Life has gotten in my way!! LOL Anyways I didn't like my nephew Lev's shades of blues afghan That I had started so I changed colors to red, black and a little white. It looks soo much better. It is getting colder now so I can work on these again, but I know I can't do them all before Christmas. SO now they are gonna get them for birthday presents. I still got 2 full afghans to do and 2 that are only about half done. I just don't know how I could get it all done in time for Christmas. Oh well they will be happy to get them for their birthday too.

wendy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

that is fantastic i love the colors i am trying very hard to find colors that just pop out like that its not as easy at it would seem to do seems like ya just pick the colors and hope for the best hit and miss

Happy New Year to all

is there anyone still working on their round ripple? I am going to start one for my baby girl who is due to join the world jan 26. I will be using brown and pink.

I am working on one now and i have a question after making the first set of new points where are the new valleys? ive talked to a couple crocheters that have tried to go farther than i have and it began to ruffle so they stopped working on it mine is just on hold until i find out what to do from here

Janny

Archived