Cotton Candee

Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

:cheerThat looks just great,Joann

Here's my progress,, it's wrong though

th_100_1441.jpg

should click

I must need to start the points with 1 less dc on each side. Hope that doesn't mess up the count in the next row.

I experimented with the points before I put them all in. I worked in one valley, and kept track of what I did each time. It took 3 tries to get it right so that the point was no higher then the points already there. :)

Oh thanks, JoAnn,,, I've one today by doing one less dc on each side of the valley. It seems to be better. This is only going to be about 34"ish so needed to get them going,,I think:think

When I made my points according the pattern, I thought the extra points looked huge and out of place. But I kept going with it and after a few rows I thought they looked like they were the right size. Sometimes you have to keep going to see that it makes sense.

I am still plugging away on my nephews afghan. my niece montanas is too big to work with now. maybe if we get a cooler day i can get to her rr. I got some bananaberry red heart yarn for my niece Kyiva. I am gonna order the coordinating yarn at http://www.craftsetc.com they have the red heart super saver on sale for $1.87 until 8-5-08 and shipping is free for orders over $25. I need to pick colors for another niece and nephew and order theirs too.

never mind. figured it out already.

Edited by redpuppydog

Hi! I love everyone's RR's! I have not posted to this thread in a long time, but wanted to share my latest free pattern for the following RR:

GirlieFlowerRoundRippleBabyAfgha-1.jpg

The link to the free pattern is the first one in my signature. I would love to see what others do with the pattern! Enjoy!

PS - send me a message if you post a pic of your finished product for any of my patterns - it makes giving them for free more fun!

Hi! I love everyone's RR's! I have not posted to this thread in a long time, but wanted to share my latest free pattern for the following RR:

GirlieFlowerRoundRippleBabyAfgha-1.jpg

The link to the free pattern is the first one in my signature. I would love to see what others do with the pattern! Enjoy!

PS - send me a message if you post a pic of your finished product for any of my patterns - it makes giving them for free more fun!

That's beautiful!! I can hardly wait to try it. I have to finish up the RR I am working on...I am using baby yarn so it is taking a bit longer than I'd like...lol

I finished my afghan! I really like this pattern. I didn't realize I was increasing too fast until a little ways in, so it won't lay completely flat. I still love the way it turned out.

The image is a little big to post, so here's the link: http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk184/CrochetvilleRoundRippleCAL/RoundRippleCAL/?action=view&current=DSC06634.jpg

I finished my afghan! I really like this pattern. I didn't realize I was increasing too fast until a little ways in, so it won't lay completely flat. I still love the way it turned out.

The image is a little big to post, so here's the link: http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk184/CrochetvilleRoundRippleCAL/RoundRippleCAL/?action=view&current=DSC06634.jpg

If you select the little box next to your pic, then go to the bottom and select generate HTML codes, there's a box with the code for clickable image. It makes it smaller for here which is awesome.

So where in FL and MN are you? I live in the Tampa area and grew up in the Twin Cities :D

Here's my complete projects for the games. The RR is, of course, Aggie May's!

th_RRlapghan.jpg

th_Heartlapghan1.jpg

th_HeartLapghan2.jpg

If you select the little box next to your pic, then go to the bottom and select generate HTML codes, there's a box with the code for clickable image. It makes it smaller for here which is awesome.

So where in FL and MN are you? I live in the Tampa area and grew up in the Twin Cities :D

Thanks! I'll give that a try next time. I was feeling lazy and didn't want to mess around with it until the picture was smaller. :)

I'm from MN, just south of the cities, but I go to school in FL over in Melbourne. Hello from all the way across the state! :waving

I got the 6 to 12 to 24 pattern from Annie's the other day and sat down to start working on it. I'm not entirely sure I like it. Well I know I love all the finished products I've seen, I just don't like the pattern. :lol

I have a couple questions though if anyone wouldn't mind answering them. Has anyone done this pattern in anything other then sc? How did it turn out?

Has anyone done it using both loops instead of just back loops? How did it turn out?

I love doing round ripples and as beautiful as I think this one is I just can't seem to get to like it. Hopefully I will fall in love with it soon so I can join this CAL. I've been watching it for a while.

I got the 6 to 12 to 24 pattern from Annie's the other day and sat down to start working on it. I'm not entirely sure I like it. Well I know I love all the finished products I've seen, I just don't like the pattern. :lol

I have a couple questions though if anyone wouldn't mind answering them. Has anyone done this pattern in anything other then sc? How did it turn out?

Has anyone done it using both loops instead of just back loops? How did it turn out?

I love doing round ripples and as beautiful as I think this one is I just can't seem to get to like it. Hopefully I will fall in love with it soon so I can join this CAL. I've been watching it for a while.

If you look at the Aggie May pattern on the first page of the thread you'll see it's done in double crochet and through both loops. I can't imagine making one of these in single crochet. It would take forever!

If you look at the Aggie May pattern on the first page of the thread you'll see it's done in double crochet and through both loops. I can't imagine making one of these in single crochet. It would take forever!

I think I'm going to give up the pattern I have and do Aggie's because this one is going to drive me crazy! It confuses me to no end. :(

I would like to join this CAL if I can. I read back several pages yesterday.

I recevied the Annies Attic pattern and would like to start it since it's getting cooler and I can have an afghan on my lap:hook. I think I will crochet in both loops, since I crochet loose, working in one loop doesn't work too well for me.

I read on other posts that it puckered a big in the center, was the the old pattern or this one too? And if so they suggested going down a hook size for the star, although others said that wasn't necessary it would fix it on blocking it... :think

I am going to buy the yarn tonight. I was going to last night but walmart was setting up the new place for the yarn--they remodeled the store--and I didn't want to interrupt and wasn't sure I wanted to start this, but last night decided again to start this.

Debbi

I read on other posts that it puckered a big in the center, was the the old pattern or this one too? And if so they suggested going down a hook size for the star, although others said that wasn't necessary it would fix it on blocking it... :think

Debbi

I had this problem, but it helped for me to do 2dc in the ch2 loop for two rows, and then to do 1dc in the ch2 loop. I already had a bit of a pucker going on, but this then helped to keep it from happening even more. If I were to make another one of these afghans, I'd start that from the very beginning.

I had this problem, but it helped for me to do 2dc in the ch2 loop for two rows, and then to do 1dc in the ch2 loop. I already had a bit of a pucker going on, but this then helped to keep it from happening even more. If I were to make another one of these afghans, I'd start that from the very beginning.

Thank you for that suggetion!

I didn't catch on:blush I'm doing AA's pattern and it's all sc.

Here's what I have so far

th_DSCN0507.jpg

[clickable for larger photo]

I added more photos in my blog, including a close up.

I remembered on another post they said to start with a smaller hook. So I did. And H hook. Then I just couldn't remember where to change so I just kep with the H hook and it seems to be going okay.

Debbi

Edited by Debbi-a1

I've been working on this and it's taking longer and longer :lol, but it is so worth it. I've done the other white "trinangles" and am on the dark blue, just about done with that, and then another 3 colors before white again. I counted that there's about 23 sc on each corner on the last color before the last white... and with 12 corners... well I don't think I want to know how many that is:no

:lol

I'll probably wait until Friday to post a picture, leave fFiday as picture day.

Debbi

I have frogged two previous rr's before this and finally decided to use Aggie May's pattern.

so far so good but its not laying very flat. i have to press it done and flatten it out. Is that normal?

Heres what i have so far

Sorry about the table,It's my craft table so its speckled with paint :D

014-8.jpg

thats beautiful Debi

Thanks. Even though I didn't lay it completely flat, I love this afghan so far. The next photo won't show much progress, but that's fine. I love the colors that go together--blue is my favorite.

are you doing it in all sc? I started a red and black on for ods those are the colors he picked and im trying to use yarn from my huge stash. I just started adding the other points I started with 12 so far I think im lost but may pick it up again tonite and try it out to see if ii like it any better lol. Ill try to get a pic up here soon.

Yep all sc. That's what the pattern calls for. Since I don't have a big Christmas list (small family) I have time to make this.