Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am trying and trying! Thank you soooo much for taking the time to help us! I am not sure if I am on the right track.. BUT I DO still have only 6 points@@! Soo.. thats good..

:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer Keep going...you can do it!! Got any pics for us??

PraiseJesus, your tutorial is awesome!!! Thank you for doing that! You're sure to help a lot of folks! :cheer:clap:cheer

awww thanks...everyone has helped me in the past so this is my way of paying it forward!!

Thanks so much.

you are so welcome. I love the RR patterns...each one is so unique!

I am sharing what I have done.. I did make a mistake somewhere so a couple lines do not line up..

th_firsteverstar.jpg

:cheer It is looking fantastic! It just appears that you may not be skipping 2 entire stitches in the valleys is all I can see. On each peak (or point), you skip the last stich and then the first stich of the next peak (or point). Also, there should be the same number of stitches on each side of every peak or point.

:cheer:hug:cheer

Have a beautiful day, Angela

Does anyone have trouble with the 6 point part of the 6-12-24 rr laying flat??Mine does after I smooth it out.Is this normal??Thanks

I am going to practice til I get it right thats for sure! There has been sooooo much help on here.. you would THINK i would be a pro by now...

:cheer It is looking fantastic! It just appears that you may not be skipping 2 entire stitches in the valleys is all I can see. On each peak (or point), you skip the last stich and then the first stich of the next peak (or point). Also, there should be the same number of stitches on each side of every peak or point.

:cheer:hug:cheer

Have a beautiful day, Angela

I am going to practice til I get it right thats for sure! There has been sooooo much help on here.. you would THINK i would be a pro by now...

Practice makes perfect - at least that what my grandpa taught me!! No worries though - I had trouble at first too - now I'm addicted to RR's!

I am making this one now....its not the same pattern though. Its the diffucult 'Six-Pointed Star Afghan' lol...I have a few more rounds done than what is in the pic but I had to stop to make 2 Seija Sets for gifts.

6-24pointstar.jpg

for my daughter-in-law.....what do you think??

afghan_1.jpg

I love this in red, white and blue. Can you tell me how did you put the stars in. I kow my MIL would love this so it may have to be a Christmas gift. Thanks for sharing.

Wish I could print JUST THIS directly to my printer!!!

Row 1:

CH3, (stands and 1DC) 1DC into loop, *CH2, 2DC into loop* repeat * to * 4 times more, CH2, join with a SL ST to the top of the CH3 from the star of the row. (6 CH2 SPs)

round1.jpg

Row 2:

SL ST into first DC and into CH2 SP, CH3, 2DC, CH2, 3DC into same SP, *3DC, CH2, 3DC into next CH SP* Repeat * to * 4 times more. (6 Points)

round2.jpg

completedround2.jpg

Row 3:

SL ST into next DC, CH3, *1 DC into next DC (3DC, CH2, 3DC) all into next CH SP, 1DC into next 2DC, SK next 2DCs, 1DC into next DC,* Repeat * to * to end of the row, where you end with 1DC into next DC. (There will be 1DC and the starting CH not worked into and this is how it should be.) Join as before.

round3beg.jpg

round3-2.jpg

round3com.jpg

Now for Round 4 my suggestion is this:

SL St in next DC, CH3 DC in each of the next 3 DC. You are now at the CH2 space.

round4-2.jpg

2DC CH2 2DC all in the CH2 space. DC in the next 4 DC, skip 2 DC, DC in the next 4 DC. Do this all the way around. After the last 2DC CH2 2DC group is made, you DC in the next 4 DC then skip 2 DC and then join with a SL ST to the top of the beginning CH3.

round4-3.jpg

I would suggest for the following rounds alternate between doing the 3DC CH2 3DC and 2DC CH2 2DC in the points to keep the blanket laying flat.

I hope this tutorial is of help to all who need it :)

What EXACTLY is an RR afghan? I googled, I ask.com'd it to no avail. Is it simply a ripple? Reason I ask is 'cause from the ??'s here I am thinking it to be much more complicated than a simple ripple.

Please advise. Everyone's is so lovely they do make ya wanna bit.

TIA.

if you right click over the picture you may be able to print it. At least on my puter it will. Otherwise right click and save to your puter in a file where you can find it easily. Use word or any graphics program to print out.

Everyones ghans look wonderful!

mi~joy-- a round ripple is just that. a round afghan in a ripple stitch that is worked in rounds instead of rows. I would think that once you get the hang of it that it would be just as easy as a traditional ripple afghan. In both you have to count ALOT and make sure that you get your increases and decreases in the right places. Maybe you could try a round ripple and just do like 10 rounds to try it out. If you don't like it you can simply frog it. I hope you will try. I am now done with my third job so I have more free time to participate and you will find that everyone here will do their best to help you.

I forgot to mention that aggie mays round ripple pattern can be found on the first page of this CAL. Or you can read some of the previous pages for links to others that are available free.

Wish I could print JUST THIS directly to my printer!!!

You can! Just highlight what you want to print...go to file and choose Print. When the box pos up choose 'selection' instead of all in the Print Range options and then click Print.

Thats it :) So glad my tutorial is helpful!

Here is the link for the album that CottonCandee put together for everone to put pictures of their round ripples in.

http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk184/CrochetvilleRoundRippleCAL/RoundRippleCAL/

Take a look, sometimes seeing is better then trying to imagine what it looks like with a written explaination.

This is a great tutorial! good work! :cheer

The crochet hook I see in the pictures- what brand is it and where did you find it? Looks like it has some type of foam grip?

Row 1:

CH3, (stands and 1DC) 1DC into loop, *CH2, 2DC into loop* repeat * to * 4 times more, CH2, join with a SL ST to the top of the CH3 from the star of the row. (6 CH2 SPs)

round1.jpg

Row 2:

SL ST into first DC and into CH2 SP, CH3, 2DC, CH2, 3DC into same SP, *3DC, CH2, 3DC into next CH SP* Repeat * to * 4 times more. (6 Points)

round2.jpg

completedround2.jpg

Row 3:

SL ST into next DC, CH3, *1 DC into next DC (3DC, CH2, 3DC) all into next CH SP, 1DC into next 2DC, SK next 2DCs, 1DC into next DC,* Repeat * to * to end of the row, where you end with 1DC into next DC. (There will be 1DC and the starting CH not worked into and this is how it should be.) Join as before.

round3beg.jpg

round3-2.jpg

round3com.jpg

Now for Round 4 my suggestion is this:

SL St in next DC, CH3 DC in each of the next 3 DC. You are now at the CH2 space.

round4-2.jpg

2DC CH2 2DC all in the CH2 space. DC in the next 4 DC, skip 2 DC, DC in the next 4 DC. Do this all the way around. After the last 2DC CH2 2DC group is made, you DC in the next 4 DC then skip 2 DC and then join with a SL ST to the top of the beginning CH3.

round4-3.jpg

I would suggest for the following rounds alternate between doing the 3DC CH2 3DC and 2DC CH2 2DC in the points to keep the blanket laying flat.

I hope this tutorial is of help to all who need it :)

This is a great tutorial! good work! :cheer

The crochet hook I see in the pictures- what brand is it and where did you find it? Looks like it has some type of foam grip?

Thank you!

The crochet hook is just a regular aluminum hook, Boye - I'm pretty sure. The foam grip my MIL bought for me...I think at Micheals. Anyhow you put a little dish soap on the hook and the foam slides right on. I thought that you were supposed to be able to take it off and use on another hook but apparently not. That thing is on there for life!

Here is a link to one I found at joann's......though not the same exactly but come in a pack of 10...good price too. I think I like these better than the one I have so I may be going to joanns...lol!

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2873&PRODID=prd12584

Archived