Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sunflowermom--How is the round ripple coming? I hope that you are crocheting your heart out. Just remember to count, count, count and count your stitches. Hope the foot is feeling better too! Remember if you are unsure just ask!!

marycathie--I think red white and blue would be great for this round ripple.

Well i never finished the rr I started. I decided to try to get a 6-12-24 for my brother-in-laws benefit done. I never did get it done in time. They did real good with out it he has lots of people that care. He has small cell lung cancer. I just finished it and it turned out beautiful the pictures just dont do it justice. I have decided to give it to him as a comfortghan. I did this with JoAnns Sensations rainbow boucle in the black gray colorway and added the points in white and finished it in white.I used 2 strands and an N hook. Its about 60 inches across.

th_100_0612.jpgth_100_0614.jpgth_100_0617.jpg

I actually havent worked on it.. i got soo frustrated.. even with al the help.. I just am a visual learner and i need pictures i think..

sunflowermom--How is the round ripple coming? I hope that you are crocheting your heart out. Just remember to count, count, count and count your stitches. Hope the foot is feeling better too! Remember if you are unsure just ask!!

marycathie--I think red white and blue would be great for this round ripple.

Well i never finished the rr I started. I decided to try to get a 6-12-24 for my brother-in-laws benefit done. I never did get it done in time. They did real good with out it he has lots of people that care. He has small cell lung cancer. I just finished it and it turned out beautiful the pictures just dont do it justice. I have decided to give it to him as a comfortghan. I did this with JoAnns Sensations rainbow boucle in the black gray colorway and added the points in white and finished it in white.I used 2 strands and an N hook. Its about 60 inches across.

Beautiful. I love the black and white color combination. Looks great.

that is fantastic! I have to try some of that yarn!!! As for me...my RR is put on the back burner for a bit. I am making 2 of the Seija Sets for gifts. I have never gotten to make one in girly colors so I jumped at the chance...I'm using SS in chocolate, off white, and soft pink. The other is for a co-worker of my DH who is due in Sep...I'm using SS in a green, blue and white. I lovethat pattern - so so easy and even more adorable!!!

keep up the lovely work! :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

I Am going to attempt to add pictures to see if you all can see what I am doing wrong..

This first picture is up to row 3.. which i can do just fine.. i

th_crochetstar.jpg

okay so. then I go to row three again.. because the pattern says.. repeat row three but extra dc worked on sides of peaks and valleys..

r3 is sl st into next dc, ch 3

* 1 dc into next dc (3dc, ch 2 3 dc all in next chain sp)

okay got that.. 1 dc into next 2dc, skip next 2 dc, 1 dc into next dc* Repeat from * to * to end. End with 1 dc..

th_row4again.jpg

Okay so see where I have done the frist part of the third row.. then it says to repeat but if I do that then the 3dc, ch 2 , 3dc will be in the next dc and NOT lined up with the ch sp

Hi there...

:hug Don't be discouraged...you'll get it. It looks to me that you may be skipping a stitch. Right after you make the 3DC CH2 3DC...there should be a DC in the very next stitch (you may need to pull the 3DC's over a bit to see it)

It also appeared in the first picture that you CH3 in the wrong spot. You join Round 2 with a SL ST...and then a SL ST in the next Stitch as well then CH3. So you make 2 SL ST - one to join and the other to move over a stitch, as to keep everything in line.

I have not made this paticular one (just a little swatch to test to see where you may be going wrong) but I am on my 3rd RR now so I know my way around a little!

Best wishes!!

that is fantastic! I have to try some of that yarn!!! As for me...my RR is put on the back burner for a bit. I am making 2 of the Seija Sets for gifts. I have never gotten to make one in girly colors so I jumped at the chance...I'm using SS in chocolate, off white, and soft pink. The other is for a co-worker of my DH who is due in Sep...I'm using SS in a green, blue and white. I lovethat pattern - so so easy and even more adorable!!!

keep up the lovely work! :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

What are Seija Sets? And where do I find the pattern?

What are Seija Sets? And where do I find the pattern?

A Seija Set is a blanket and a hat that's done in at least three colors, or you can do it in however colors you want. You can get the pattern in the 'Stitch n Bitch' book by Debbie Stoller.

This is outstanding. The colors are beautiful and I'll bet the pictures don't do it justice. Mine is sitting since row 22. It puckered so much I just got frustrated with it. I'm hoping when Annie's re release of it they worked out the bugs and I'll will be able to attempt it again. Your brother is going to love this.

Here is a tutorial with pictures of the first 2 rounds. Please bear in mind that I am a lefty so yours with look opposite if you are a righty.

Row 1:

CH3, (stands and 1DC) 1DC into loop, *CH2, 2DC into loop* repeat * to * 4 times more, CH2, join with a SL ST to the top of the CH3 from the star of the row. (6 CH2 SPs)

round1.jpg

Row 2:

SL ST into first DC and into CH2 SP, CH3, 2DC, CH2, 3DC into same SP, *3DC, CH2, 3DC into next CH SP* Repeat * to * 4 times more. (6 Points)

round2.jpg

completedround2.jpg

I will post the tutorial for round 3 as soon as I can. I hope this helps you both out. :hug

GREAT JOB on the picture tutorial!! I wish I would have had time to do one but it wouldn't have been anywhere near as good as yours. I hope it will help our friends so that they too can become addicted to round ripple afghans!!

Marnie314-- I just love your black and white afghan. I have lots of black and med grey so I think I will buy some white and make me a similiar one. Thanks for sharing!

Seji1974-- where is Warminster, PA? I am just north of Pittsburgh but never heard of Warminster.

Marnie314-- I just love your black and white afghan. I have lots of black and med grey so I think I will buy some white and make me a similiar one. Thanks for sharing!

Seji1974-- where is Warminster, PA? I am just north of Pittsburgh but never heard of Warminster.

Warminster, Pa. is near Phila., Pa. My DH is from Freeport, Pa.

It's finally done! Here's pics of it! To me, the colors remind me of a chocolate-covered strawberry, my all time favorite dessert! It measures 64 inches from point to point.

2533241119_51a905fcc9_m.jpg

2534050726_23670b6c33_m.jpg

It's finally done! Here's pics of it! To me, the colors remind me of a chocolate-covered strawberry, my all time favorite dessert! It measures 64 inches from point to point.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd242/sahm2g1b/Crochet%20Album/Choc-CoveredStrawberryRR-3.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd242/sahm2g1b/Crochet%20Album/Choc-CoveredStrawberryRR-4.jpg

It is fantastic!!! I love it! Aren't RR's the greatest?!?

Archived