Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

th_red12pointCALlaprug.jpg

Above is the last one, using lefts overs from other projects, its 52 inches

th_BlueCAL12pointlaprug.jpg

The blue one is about 56 inches and is my favourite

th_finalfinito-CALRR.jpg

The first one I did, although it is finished if the right yarn comes along I might put a few more rows on it.

Took 13 days to do all three, I am so pleased with myself. I neArly started a fourth but resisted temptation.

Jan

Jan, these are beautiful. I woudn't get one done in 13 days either. I love your color combinations. Great job.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys are the most corrupting bunch!!!!:eek

I saw this thread and for some reason, I just had to do a RR. I was at work and all I could think about was doing a RR and what yarns I had in my closet here in the mining camp because my nearest yarn store is 650km away by air and over 1000km by road.

So I started:crocheting on Tuesday evening and yesterday was my first real day to myself :dance in five weeks and I finished last night.. 1 RR in 24 hours.

Roundrippleinblues.jpg

I am still considering filling in the gaps and adding extra points but I'm not sure whether that would be "too much":think.

For those who like to know - I used 7 balls of antique white Moda Vera Jaclyn, 3 balls of aqua varigated Patons Zhivago and 2 of the powdery blue Zhivago. Both the yarns are 50% tencel, 50% acrylic and just soooooo slinky!

So thanks for corrupting me!!! Have started another one for my sister in rose, plum, chocolate and cream mohair. :eyeroll

Manda

I'd never be able to do one that fast. You guys are amazing. Yes, they will suck you in, I've made several now and I can't wait to start on a couple more but I have a few projects to complete first. I can't wait to see the new one because those colors sound so good.

2494478487_2721aa25cf_m.jpg

This is what I have done so far, it is still not laying flat, but much better then it was.

I'm wondering if I added my points to soon, oh well..the next one I do I will wait to add them.

Thats really pretty, what colors are those? Mine does not lay flat either and I added them when the pattern said to :think ...I'm using the six pointed star pattern. I don't care much though...I still love the way it is turning out!

I decided to give this a try. I have done a few of the RR, but never added any points to it. I have been trying to use up some of my stash since money is limited for yarn so it is mostly purple colors with some green to break it up. So far I have 12 points, but plan on adding more soon. I will take a picture as soon as I can.

Denise

Thats really pretty, what colors are those? Mine does not lay flat either and I added them when the pattern said to :think ...I'm using the six pointed star pattern. I don't care much though...I still love the way it is turning out!

I am using RH in White and Frosty Green, and the Camo Pink is from Bernat. I kinda like the way it doesn't lay flat, it looks like petals.

Sunflowermom---DON'T give up!!!! most of us did alot of frogging the first and second time(and third LOL) what don't you get??? we are here to help. I promise that once you get started you will be hooked like the rest of us.

wendy

Okay !

I need help!

so I got to round three of the pattern on the first part of this crochetalong..

then when i did round four it just doesnt look right.. but i continued.. and round 5 doesnt look any better..

okay so when it says start and finish every row same as row three but add extra dc on sides of peakes and valleys..

how would the pattern read????

UGGHHH

i guess what I am asking.. where do I add an extra too.

sunflowermom I just replied to your message I hope it will help. What did you do to your foot? I hope nothing serious. I got bad feet so I feel for you. take it easy, put your foot up and crochet!!!! Let me know if you need more help. It might alos help if you take the time to start at the beginning of this CAL and read them all. I know it is a big task but there is lots of information in them. we all had problems when we started too.

Sunflower mom,

Don't give up, if you look through the posts here you will see lots of frogging before the pattern was figured out. Sorry to here about your foot, I can sympathize as I sit here with my broken toe. I will be spending a lot of time on the couch.:eek

Thank you all.. I did sit and read a BUNCH yesterday and was happy to know I am not alone.. but man alive.. I was almost cussing the yarn last night! My family thinks I am crazy!

I sprained my foot.. see I am legally blind.. and if I am not watching where I walk.. I seem to find many holes in our yard..

So I dont even go to the dr anymore.. I just put my foot up.. and sit and crochet!

I frogged my first 3 attempts, and then I switched to a 12 point pattern. It's going so much better, and I'm a little over 1/3 of the way through it. I'm really liking the way this one is turning out. I will attempt the 6 to 24 point RR again, and I will master it! I'm determinted to! LOL

I Am going to attempt to add pictures to see if you all can see what I am doing wrong..

This first picture is up to row 3.. which i can do just fine.. i

th_crochetstar.jpg

okay so. then I go to row three again.. because the pattern says.. repeat row three but extra dc worked on sides of peaks and valleys..

r3 is sl st into next dc, ch 3

* 1 dc into next dc (3dc, ch 2 3 dc all in next chain sp)

okay got that.. 1 dc into next 2dc, skip next 2 dc, 1 dc into next dc* Repeat from * to * to end. End with 1 dc..

th_row4again.jpg

Okay so see where I have done the frist part of the third row.. then it says to repeat but if I do that then the 3dc, ch 2 , 3dc will be in the next dc and NOT lined up with the ch sp

where would I find this pattern?

I frogged my first 3 attempts, and then I switched to a 12 point pattern. It's going so much better, and I'm a little over 1/3 of the way through it. I'm really liking the way this one is turning out. I will attempt the 6 to 24 point RR again, and I will master it! I'm determinted to! LOL

sunflowermom,

I think a simple 12 point rr pattern might be easier for you to try. I have not done any of the patterns that you add points on and I am confused at the directions myself. Maybe some one here has tried that pattern and can assist you. please dont give up though. I think another pattern will be better suited for your first try.

Hi. I've never done a CAL but just started a Round Ripple of my own so I'd love to join along. I am having a problem getting my ghan to lay flat. I'm alternating 2 rounds of small shells and 2 rounds of large shells like the pattern says. Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas?:think

I have been helped soo much@!

I am working on a 12 point but at teh same tiem I am getting help from people on here for the 6 point.... Thank you all so much@!

sunflowermom,

I think a simple 12 point rr pattern might be easier for you to try. I have not done any of the patterns that you add points on and I am confused at the directions myself. Maybe some one here has tried that pattern and can assist you. please dont give up though. I think another pattern will be better suited for your first try.

Hi. I've never done a CAL but just started a Round Ripple of my own so I'd love to join along. I am having a problem getting my ghan to lay flat. I'm alternating 2 rounds of small shells and 2 rounds of large shells like the pattern says. Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas?:think

So sorry that no one has helped you out yet! I don't know what pattern you are using, but is it ruffling? That seems to be a very common problem. You can try playing around with the order of the shells, like doing 2 small, 1 large, then back to 2 small. Sometimes that helps. Also, try a different size hook. I had to go down one size after adding my points to help mine lay flatter. I know that there are a lot of posts, but there are a lot of good ideas in here too! Good luck! :hug

An idea that might help........loosen your tension........my first rr was tight and wouldnt lay flat.....I used 1 size bigger hook or you can loosen your tension.............hope this helps

Archived