Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

Just when I said I was going to give the ripple a break, I decided at the last minute to make this for my Mum for mothers day.

This was a rush job and only took 3 days.

th_P1030407.jpg

th_P1030408.jpg

I agree...it is lovely! I'd love to know exactly what you did as well!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Angela, your ghan is very pretty! So sorry your having trouble with the rippling :hug. Have you tried changing hook sizes? That helped me some. Good luck. :hug

Wendy, beautiful! Only 3 day!!! Wow!

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Thank you very much :~) The rippling part is in the center star so I don't know if going to a bigger hook would fix that problem? Thanks for the well wishes :hug

Angela

Just when I said I was going to give the ripple a break, I decided at the last minute to make this for my Mum for mothers day.

This was a rush job and only took 3 days.

th_P1030407.jpg

th_P1030408.jpg

I love it!!! may I ask what pattern you used?

I have been working all week on a RR for my sons girlfriend, she wants it to use on her wraparound sofa, I am using Caron's SS, she picked out the yarn the colors oare four, Off white, Bone, Heather woodland, and dark Sage....it is getting hard to keep going on it, lol, but I love the colors and the patterns of AggieMay's, this isn't my first RR, here is a pic. clickable..

th_100_1110.jpg

th_100_1111.jpg

Now will someone PLEASE send me to where to get a boarder for these?

Pretty please, I saw a wonderful SC and thn a chain boarder...Pic was taken on table sorry for poor quality.

I have been working all week on a RR for my sons girlfriend, she wants it to use on her wraparound sofa, I am using Caron's SS, she picked out the yarn the colors oare four, Off white, Bone, Heather woodland, and dark Sage....it is getting hard to keep going on it, lol, but I love the colors and the patterns of AggieMay's, this isn't my first RR, here is a pic. clickable..

th_100_1110.jpg

th_100_1111.jpg

Now will someone PLEASE send me to where to get a boarder for these?

Pretty please, I saw a wonderful SC and thn a chain boarder...Pic was taken on table sorry for poor quality.

Are you referring to Monica's tri-loop border?

Not sure that I can actually join in with all the other projects I need to be working on. This could take me months to finally finish cuz of all the other WIPs I have going! BUT I have printed out the pattern and am going to try my hand at it because I would like to make something for my co-worker who is expecting in October. I think a blankie to keep the new lil one warm would be a good idea hehe.

Honestly I am not sure if that means I am joining in or not...am I?

Hook On!

T-

Not sure that I can actually join in with all the other projects I need to be working on. This could take me months to finally finish cuz of all the other WIPs I have going! BUT I have printed out the pattern and am going to try my hand at it because I would like to make something for my co-worker who is expecting in October. I think a blankie to keep the new lil one warm would be a good idea hehe.

Honestly I am not sure if that means I am joining in or not...am I?

Hook On!

T-

Go for it! RR's are just so much fun! And if you stick with Aggie May's basic pattern, it won't take you long at all. I did one in just about a week.

Well, I frogged my first attempt. It puffed up in the middle "somethin' fierce" LOL. So far, my second attempt is doing much better. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I really want to make a RR. They are so pretty!

:yay My 2nd attempt is going much better! :crocheting It's laying a whole lot flatter than the last one was! :yes

Boy! These go so quickly!

That May be it, is it available for free?

I think it's this link

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474976910272

For some reason her links are blocked at work :think. Anyway, I did this for the big green/cream RR wedding gift and I loved it. I would do one thing different though. With the different colors, I didn't like how they looked stitched over each other. So next time, I'll do all colors at the same time and just "braid" them together. I'm not sure how yet, since I'd have to have one in front of me :lol

Everyone's RRs are SO beautiful!!! :manyheart I definitely think I'll be making one of these. I love the look of all the points. I can't wait to do this! ... After I knock out a few things on the WIP/WIM lists! :hook

th_red12pointCALlaprug.jpg

Above is the last one, using lefts overs from other projects, its 52 inches

th_BlueCAL12pointlaprug.jpg

The blue one is about 56 inches and is my favourite

th_finalfinito-CALRR.jpg

The first one I did, although it is finished if the right yarn comes along I might put a few more rows on it.

Took 13 days to do all three, I am so pleased with myself. I neArly started a fourth but resisted temptation.

Jan

th_finalfinito-CALRR.jpg

The first one I did, although it is finished if the right yarn comes along I might put a few more rows on it.

Took 13 days to do all three, I am so pleased with myself. I neArly started a fourth but resisted temptation.

Jan

Jan, they are all beautiful, but I especially love the middle one! You did all 3 in only 13 days?! :eek I couldn't do 1 in that amount of time! :nworthy

th_finalfinito-CALRR.jpg

Jan

They are all absolutely gorgeous. I can't make up my mind which one I like the best. You really have a good eye for color and I am absolutely amazed at how fast you made them. Congrats on making 3 stunning afghans..:cheer

Katie G

Hey all,

I'm still here, I just finished my foot pocket balnket, and now am picking up my 5 point RR to finish by Saturday...then I can finish my sons...ahhhh! I can't wait till school is out(I work for the school system), then I can crochet all day if I wanted to!!!

P.S. Everyones RR's look so good!!

Jan, they are all beautiful, but I especially love the middle one! You did all 3 in only 13 days?! :eek I couldn't do 1 in that amount of time! :nworthy

I have a boring life LOL. Once I get stuck into something it takes up all of my life. I had the stash, I had the pattern and I just had to get them done. My fingers are itching to start another one but I want something different this time.

Jan

I agree...it is lovely! I'd love to know exactly what you did as well!

I love it!!! may I ask what pattern you used?

Hi there thanks. Sorry I didnt answer earlier. I just used Monicas 8 point ripple pattern and when I got to the white part I turned it back into the 8 point again, just by doing bigger stitches in the centre and sc at the end to bring it out of a ripple. hope that makes sense. The edging is just a sc, hdc,dc,tr,tr,dc,hdc,sc in one stitch then miss 3 stitches.

You guys are the most corrupting bunch!!!!:eek

I saw this thread and for some reason, I just had to do a RR. I was at work and all I could think about was doing a RR and what yarns I had in my closet here in the mining camp because my nearest yarn store is 650km away by air and over 1000km by road.

So I started:crocheting on Tuesday evening and yesterday was my first real day to myself :dance in five weeks and I finished last night.. 1 RR in 24 hours.

Roundrippleinblues.jpg

I am still considering filling in the gaps and adding extra points but I'm not sure whether that would be "too much":think.

For those who like to know - I used 7 balls of antique white Moda Vera Jaclyn, 3 balls of aqua varigated Patons Zhivago and 2 of the powdery blue Zhivago. Both the yarns are 50% tencel, 50% acrylic and just soooooo slinky!

So thanks for corrupting me!!! Have started another one for my sister in rose, plum, chocolate and cream mohair. :eyeroll

Manda

These RR's are sure sucking people in, I feel a fourth coming on. But that would definately mean buying up more yarn, can I resist the temptation.....oh no the pull is too great......................

Manda that is gorgeous and awesome for the time spent especially! I would die if my yarn store was that far away!

Thanks Monica! It *is* tough being up here and I adore it when the mail gets in and my eBay or Etsy purchases arrive! And I have to say I love:manyheart that edging on your Sunshine RR Baby Afghan!

I've started my second RR - a mohair in plum, cherry, chocolate, cream and fawn. It's for my sister as a birthday present!:crocheting

These RR must act as a vortex and suck you in!

Manda

You guys are the most corrupting bunch!!!!:eek

I saw this thread and for some reason, I just had to do a RR. I was at work and all I could think about was doing a RR and what yarns I had in my closet here in the mining camp because my nearest yarn store is 650km away by air and over 1000km by road.

So I started:crocheting on Tuesday evening and yesterday was my first real day to myself :dance in five weeks and I finished last night.. 1 RR in 24 hours.

Roundrippleinblues.jpg

I am still considering filling in the gaps and adding extra points but I'm not sure whether that would be "too much":think.

For those who like to know - I used 7 balls of antique white Moda Vera Jaclyn, 3 balls of aqua varigated Patons Zhivago and 2 of the powdery blue Zhivago. Both the yarns are 50% tencel, 50% acrylic and just soooooo slinky!

So thanks for corrupting me!!! Have started another one for my sister in rose, plum, chocolate and cream mohair. :eyeroll

Manda

It's beautiful! And all in 24 hrs! Can't wait to see your other one. The colors sound delicious!

Archived