Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished the red and white rr yesterday, just hope the person I sent it to likes it dispite the mistake.

If I can rember correctly it was 40", 36 rows.

Really want to make some more, but wanna to get some more WIP's completed:lol

Will post a pic tomorrow

Ok, I'm back! Let's see if I can do this pic thing right, lol! I can't believe I'm showing you folks this ghan! It has to be one of my worst works, but I know that a lot of us are having trouble with frilling and such, and I was amazed at how much better mine looked (to me anyway, lol) after being washed. Hope it helps some of you feel better about yours! I think I'm going to stick with Aggie May's simple round ripples for a while! :hook

Oh, if I did this right the pics should be clickable! LOL! (finally!)

th_6to12to24RRfinished008.jpgafter washing!

th_6to12to24RRfinished002.jpgbefore washing

I think it looks great!!And hard to do!!

Thanks for all your kind words everyone! I am pretty happy with the overall results. It ended up being about 76 inched pt to pt, which is fine for my queen size bed. I think I'll try the Aztec Sun pattern next time, but for now I have too many other WIPs I need to get done. I like projects that only take a few hours, lol! I'm going to keep checking in on you though! :cheer

Ok, I'm back! Let's see if I can do this pic thing right, lol! I can't believe I'm showing you folks this ghan! It has to be one of my worst works, but I know that a lot of us are having trouble with frilling and such, and I was amazed at how much better mine looked (to me anyway, lol) after being washed. Hope it helps some of you feel better about yours! I think I'm going to stick with Aggie May's simple round ripples for a while! :hook

Oh, if I did this right the pics should be clickable! LOL! (finally!)

th_6to12to24RRfinished008.jpgafter washing!

th_6to12to24RRfinished002.jpgbefore washing

I like the colors, I think it's great.

Thanks for all your kind words everyone! I am pretty happy with the overall results. It ended up being about 76 inched pt to pt, which is fine for my queen size bed. I think I'll try the Aztec Sun pattern next time, but for now I have too many other WIPs I need to get done. I like projects that only take a few hours, lol! I'm going to keep checking in on you though! :cheer

I think this came out very pretty. If you want to see ruffling, you should see mine! I wanted to post the picture but I can't seem to get it to work :(

You mentioned trying Aggie Mays next time or maybe the Aztec Sun...which pattern did you use for this one? I like how the new points look on your afghan. I don't like how mine look at all.

Number three is just about finished, will post piccys of them all together when the batteries for the camera are recharged. By the time I had started on the third I had got the rippling under control, after each row I lay down the blanket and can see where the rippling is occuring, sometimes I will pull back but most times I fudge it by either skipping four stitches for a row or dropping down to a couple of rows of 1Dc, 1C, 1DC at the points. Every other row I count up the stitches on the sides of the points to make sure they are all the same, a few times I have found a couple of extra stitches on odd points and thats throws things out. I know it is time-consumiong doing that but it saves on all that frogging, I reckon with all the frogging I did on the first and second blanket I should be on the 5th not 3rd. I also went up a hook size as well on the third one and that seems to have eased the rippling.

Jan

PS GrannyAnnie, if you think that is one of your worst ones, I'd love to see what what your best ones look like. Its wonderful. Love the colours.

I am finally done with the blanket that I was making for a friend's mom for Mothers Day! Yeah...:cheer Now I can come back and finish my RR' s. My son told me that I should really work on one thing at a time, so I won't get frustrated! The wisdom of a 10 year old! I'll post a picture of it when I get them downloaded!

Here's the blanket I just finished...I know it's not a RR, but had to share.

It's a foot pocket blanket

100_5125.jpg?t=1210304800

Here's the back (the foot pocket)

100_5129.jpg?t=1210304904

It is so soft and snuggly, I want to make one for myself!!

what a wonderful idea maybe you can start a CAL for one.

Jan

You mentioned trying Aggie Mays next time or maybe the Aztec Sun...which pattern did you use for this one? I like how the new points look on your afghan. I don't like how mine look at all.

Sorry for the confusion! Actually I used the pattern listed on the first post of this CAL which is Aggie Mays and I believe the points addition is Sue's notes, not quite sure about that one, but it's how I interpreted it anyway, lol! What I meant earlier was that I'm going to stick to simple rr's for a while! I have Aggie May's 12 pt rr that is just so easy and NO additional points!!!! I just need a break for a little bit, :lol

Number three is just about finished, will post piccys of them all together when the batteries for the camera are recharged. By the time I had started on the third I had got the rippling under control, after each row I lay down the blanket and can see where the rippling is occuring, sometimes I will pull back but most times I fudge it by either skipping four stitches for a row or dropping down to a couple of rows of 1Dc, 1C, 1DC at the points. Every other row I count up the stitches on the sides of the points to make sure they are all the same, a few times I have found a couple of extra stitches on odd points and thats throws things out. I know it is time-consumiong doing that but it saves on all that frogging, I reckon with all the frogging I did on the first and second blanket I should be on the 5th not 3rd. I also went up a hook size as well on the third one and that seems to have eased the rippling.

Jan

PS GrannyAnnie, if you think that is one of your worst ones, I'd love to see what what your best ones look like. Its wonderful. Love the colours.

Thanks for all the tips Jan! I'll have to remember that on my next one. I found that I had to go done a hook size to even stay on track with this one! :think I started out with an I hook and ended up with an H. Guess I did things backwards :lol. Thanks for the compliments.:hug

Here's the blanket I just finished...I know it's not a RR, but had to share.

It's a foot pocket blanket

100_5125.jpg?t=1210304800

Here's the back (the foot pocket)

100_5129.jpg?t=1210304904

It is so soft and snuggly, I want to make one for myself!!

It's beautiful!!!! OK, so now I have another thing on my list of "to do's"! Please tell me how!!! Is this your own pattern or where can we find it? And is it easy to do??? Please say yes!:lol

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Keep on :crocheting

Grannie Annie,

What a BEAUTIFUL RR!!!! :cheer:clap

If I may be nosey, what colors did you select for this gorgeous creation?

Thank you! LOL,you're not being nosey! sorry I forgot to mention the colors before! I used RHSS orchid, monet, dk orchid and my points are delft blue.

I'm going to join in! I'm going either today or tomorrow to get the yarn that I want to use. I saw it the other day, but did not pick it up. I can't wait!

Thank you! LOL,you're not being nosey! sorry I forgot to mention the colors before! I used RHSS orchid, monet, dk orchid and my points are delft blue.

THANK YOU for sharing the color selections! I plan on "attempting" to make one identical to YOURS!! It's so breathtaking!!

Have a GREAT day! :manyheart

Ann,

It was a very easy pattern from Lion Brand.

The foot pocket, all I did was take 14 inches and folded it over and added the border. Here's the links to the blanket and the border. I used a "P" hook instead of "Q", make sure you chain at least 107 for an adult...I made the mistake of not adding enough and had to add stitches to the width. It's very warm and very cuddly. I hate to give it away, but she was willing to pay!!

Link to Blanket:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70079AD.html?noImages=

Link to Border:

http://happyyellowhouse.com/htm/jasie.html

I'm going to join in! I'm going either today or tomorrow to get the yarn that I want to use. I saw it the other day, but did not pick it up. I can't wait!

Welcome to the group!

THANK YOU for sharing the color selections! I plan on "attempting" to make one identical to YOURS!! It's so breathtaking!!

Have a GREAT day! :manyheart

You're very welcome. Thank you for such a wonderful compliment! :hug

Ann,

It was a very easy pattern from Lion Brand.

The foot pocket, all I did was take 14 inches and folded it over and added the border. Here's the links to the blanket and the border. I used a "P" hook instead of "Q", make sure you chain at least 107 for an adult...I made the mistake of not adding enough and had to add stitches to the width. It's very warm and very cuddly. I hate to give it away, but she was willing to pay!!

Link to Blanket:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70079AD.html?noImages=

Link to Border:

http://happyyellowhouse.com/htm/jasie.html

Thank you!!! :cheer

Hi all :)

It has been a while since I posted anything on this CAL since my last RR...but I have started my six pointed star. WOW...it is time consuming....definitely not for those who despise weaving in the ends. I have read that AA is re-stitching and reissuing the pattern in a few months...good thing too. I am running into some issues along the way but I am continuing on. All the rounds are done in sc and back loops...except the middle and added ponts. It is puckering :angry ....majorly!! But nevertheless I am not giving up! I have wanted to make this blanket since I first laid eyes on it. I wonder if it could be puckering because it is in the back loops :think...or maybe I haven't kept my tension the same? I have tried, I really have....maybe that will come in time. Anyhow, here it is...

Oh...in the background is Chloe. She is patiently waiting for her arms and legs...and possibly some new eyes lol...thanks for looking!!!

6-24pointstar.jpg

Angela, your ghan is very pretty! So sorry your having trouble with the rippling :hug. Have you tried changing hook sizes? That helped me some. Good luck. :hug

Wendy, beautiful! Only 3 day!!! Wow!

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Just when I said I was going to give the ripple a break, I decided at the last minute to make this for my Mum for mothers day.

This was a rush job and only took 3 days.

th_P1030407.jpg

th_P1030408.jpg

I like that love the colours, what pattern did you use?

Just when I said I was going to give the ripple a break, I decided at the last minute to make this for my Mum for mothers day.

This was a rush job and only took 3 days.

th_P1030407.jpg

th_P1030408.jpg

Aussie, this is gorgeous. I love it. Can I ask what pattern this is? It doesn't look quite like the other RR and I also love the border.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, LADIES.

Archived