Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am still alive...I am up to my nose in yarn and trying to get that blanket done by this coming Friday! I am so stressed! I'm at two feet right now...four more feet to go. I am hoping that by tonight, it will be almost done! I'll post a pic tonight, even though it's not a round ripple...it's still a ripple!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am still alive...I am up to my nose in yarn and trying to get that blanket done by this coming Friday! I am so stressed! I'm at two feet right now...four more feet to go. I am hoping that by tonight, it will be almost done! I'll post a pic tonight, even though it's not a round ripple...it's still a ripple!

Looking forward to seeing the pic! I haven't been working on mine either, lol! I look at it and keep keep making excuses to do something else:eek! Umm, maybe I'll work on it tonight....:blush

that is just beautiful and I cant believe you did it in one week.:clap
Neither can I - I don't think in forty years of crocheting I have ever finished anything so quick. I'm half way through the second one but am running out of large balls of yarns so might have to buy some - oh what a shame, that means visit to a yarn store.

jan

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I have been up to my eyeballs in work. I got invited to a baby shower so I started a rr in 2 shades of pink and white. It is about 32" right now. I crocheted my fingers off today!! LOL I got maybe 10 rounds left then a border. I want to get this done this week and get the ends all woven in. I am trying to be way ahead of schedule this year!! I'll try to post pics later in the week.

I do have a question though. My points are curling really bad. I have been doing 1-2-2-2 in my rounds in the points and it has helped but if I wait till the last round and border rounds and do a 5 dc shell in the points will that help it lay flat? Any tips are greatly appreciated.

TIA

I have been working on my RR in the Aztec Sun pattern and was moving right alon and as usual my DH came home from work to tell me abuot Don who is expecting his first grandson.. Nothing new and then he tell me that the mommy is having a bad time and is not expected to carry the baby much longer the baby will be born almost 2 1/2 months early. Then comes the question "Can you make them a baby blanket???" I had already planned on making one but now I am doing the blanket for a little boy and mine has been put on hold.

rrfordon003.jpg

This is what I have done so far. I hope to get this done today or tomrow so I can get mine done and get the blanket to Don and his daughter.

I only have 3 rounds left on mine!!! :clap

Can't wait to get it finished. I am hoping it will be finished within the next day or so as they are enducing me on Thursday and I want it done before I go to the hospital. Will post pics as soon as I'm done! Everyone's look great! :cheer

Those are gorgeous! Is that the Rainbow Baby Blanket pattern? How clever to make a bigger afghan using that pattern!

Those are gorgeous! Is that the Rainbow Baby Blanket pattern? How clever to make a bigger afghan using that pattern!

The blue one is from Leisure Arts book Baby's Best to knit and crochet, I left off the granny's and did another border. The green one I found in an old crochet magazine called Crochet Fun, and dated 1989.

Your work is beautiful. May I ask where you got the pattern for the eight sided one it's wonderful. I would like to give it a try.

Your work is beautiful. May I ask where you got the pattern for the eight sided one it's wonderful. I would like to give it a try.

Thanks, the pattern is from a Leisure Arts booklet called Baby's Best to knit and crochet. I have had the book for years. Somewhere on the ville is a link where to purchase it. I left off the granny squares and did a different border.

JoAnn,

These are both beautiful but I especially love the blue & brown 8 sided one. Can I ask where you got the pattern? Actually where did you get both of the patterns. You did a great job.

Thanks, the pattern is from a Leisure Arts booklet called Baby's Best to knit and crochet. I have had the book for years. Somewhere on the ville is a link where to purchase it. I left off the granny squares and did a different border.

Obviously I spoke to soon and should have read further down before opening mouth. :(

The rainbow blanket is available at Leisure Arts Library online.

http://www.leisureartslibrary.com/cart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=89&idproduct=103

this is the site. only $2.99 for the blanket, jacket and booties patterns.

sorry I haven't been around lately. Too much going on right now. But I am almost done with my baby rr in pinks. I figure I got 2-3 more rounds then I'll remeasure it. Should be able to finish in the next day or so.

Just letting everyone know that CottonCandee Sue doesn't have a computer. Her hubby killed it. She just wanted me to let you all know she was ok and still is crocheting along.

:devil

Thanks! I've been wondering where she was! Tell her we say "Hi" and miss her!

I finished my 6>12>24!!!!!!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer

I'm so happy!!!:hook I made it a little smaller than I had planned just because I wasn't happy with all the frilling and I couldn't take it any more :eek. I still think it looks pretty though and DH is happy with it, so now I can move on to other projects AND it's out of my living room!!! DH was getting upset because other little projects were starting to take up space everywhere, lol! I was very happy that after I washed it a lot of the frilling seemed to come out!:clap

I'll post pics in a little bit!

Ok, I'm back! Let's see if I can do this pic thing right, lol! I can't believe I'm showing you folks this ghan! It has to be one of my worst works, but I know that a lot of us are having trouble with frilling and such, and I was amazed at how much better mine looked (to me anyway, lol) after being washed. Hope it helps some of you feel better about yours! I think I'm going to stick with Aggie May's simple round ripples for a while! :hook

Oh, if I did this right the pics should be clickable! LOL! (finally!)

th_6to12to24RRfinished008.jpgafter washing!

th_6to12to24RRfinished002.jpgbefore washing

I finished my 6>12>24!!!!!!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer

I'm so happy!!!:hook I made it a little smaller than I had planned just because I wasn't happy with all the frilling and I couldn't take it any more :eek. I still think it looks pretty though and DH is happy with it, so now I can move on to other projects AND it's out of my living room!!! DH was getting upset because other little projects were starting to take up space everywhere, lol! I was very happy that after I washed it a lot of the frilling seemed to come out!:clap

I'll post pics in a little bit!

Can't wait to see the pics. Mine is still sitting in the corner.

Ok, I'm back! Let's see if I can do this pic thing right, lol! I can't believe I'm showing you folks this ghan! It has to be one of my worst works, but I know that a lot of us are having trouble with frilling and such, and I was amazed at how much better mine looked (to me anyway, lol) after being washed. Hope it helps some of you feel better about yours! I think I'm going to stick with Aggie May's simple round ripples for a while! :hook

Those colors are so pretty! The black really makes it all pop!

Just letting everyone know that CottonCandee Sue doesn't have a computer. Her hubby killed it. She just wanted me to let you all know she was ok and still is crocheting along.

:devil

Should we hold a funeral?

It looks wonderful. I have heard from more than one source that the frilling should ease up a lot after washing so I have my fingers crossed. My brother (giftee) is in town so he was able to convince me to add a few more rows. I'll get this one done this millenium, I hope. :lol

Archived