Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All right everyone, I designed my own solid center round ripple, with 9 points. It is on my blog, http://stormdracscrochet.blogspot.com/ Please check it out and let me know what you think, what needs changing and what is hard to understand, etc. This is my first attempt at designing and I need feedback. Thanks!

Have been wanting to make one of these for ages, all your ripples are fantastic.

This is my 1st attempt at a round ripple, 12 point

RoxysPictures027.jpg

Have had to alter the pattern sequence, as the new ball of white is a different shade, dispite being the same shade lot :confused

I was halfway through row 3 of the white and had to change to a new ball, so deceided to frog that row and put a red row inbetween and start the new white ball on a new row.

I put the rr on the floor to measure it and noticed that where the rows join there are too many stitches, I dont want to frog it as I have nearly finished it, will it matter if the sides are uneven, I plan on sending it to someone, do you think they will mind that it's not perfect?

It measures 36" at the moment and plan to do another 10 rows, I don't have time to re-do it, can't understand where I have gone wrong, followed the pattern really carfullly.

You can't really tell from this photo, but the mistake is where the hook is.

All right everyone, I designed my own solid center round ripple, with 9 points. It is on my blog, http://stormdracscrochet.blogspot.com/ Please check it out and let me know what you think, what needs changing and what is hard to understand, etc. This is my first attempt at designing and I need feedback. Thanks!

It looks fantastic! I will try it as soon as I start my next RR! (hopefully soon!)

It's very pretty! I printed it out and am on round 10 so far! Looks good! I'll get back to you.......:hook

Have had to alter the pattern sequence, as the new ball of white is a different shade, dispite being the same shade lot :confused

I was halfway through row 3 of the white and had to change to a new ball, so deceided to frog that row and put a red row inbetween and start the new white ball on a new row.

I put the rr on the floor to measure it and noticed that where the rows join there are too many stitches, I dont want to frog it as I have nearly finished it, will it matter if the sides are uneven, I plan on sending it to someone, do you think they will mind that it's not perfect?

It measures 36" at the moment and plan to do another 10 rows, I don't have time to re-do it, can't understand where I have gone wrong, followed the pattern really carfullly.

You can't really tell from this photo, but the mistake is where the hook is.

:hugRoxy, one thing I've learned is that we're much harder on our selves than other people are. We know where we've made the little blunders, but others don't and probably can't tell unless we point them out. Is this a gift for someone? Then I say send it. They'll love it. It's beautiful and made with love. If it's made to sell, then that's another story. I've never sold anything, but the perfectionist in me would definitely over power then, lol! Good luck!:hug

th_CAL24point.jpg

Here it is again after yestersday work on it. I have now added 12 yellow points between the large points. Its 40 inches, I think another 10 rows and it will be a good sized lapghan for the sofa on the verandah. It still ruffled so I do 2 rows of 1 DC, 1C 1 DC on the points and then every third row I do 2DC 1C 2DC, it means it does curl but theat is removed in the third row. When it got bad I skipped four (2 each side) in the valleys and this seemed to bring it back in. I just haven't got the heart to pull it back any more. I did yesterday after I discovered I'd forgotten to skip a valley.

Thats it for me no more frogging. I must oay atention to what I am doing

Jan

That is just beautiful, it looks like you have a ripple laying on top of another ripple. Well done. How much more have you to do on this one.

That is just beautiful, it looks like you have a ripple laying on top of another ripple. Well done. How much more have you to do on this one.

I can't stop, i'm going round and round and at the end of each row I say, thats enough, it'll do and then off I go again round and round. Its gonna be bigger than ben Hur LOL. Its currently about 52", I'll see if I have enough of the yarn I am using to get it to 60".

I'm already thinking of starting another one - got to get this stash down.

I'll love how we all interept the same pattern, some of the colour schemes are wonderful.

Jan

Thinking of christmas I might see how much christmassy looking yarn I have and see if I can make a RR in it and then I can kill two CALS with one hook - row a day and 6-24 RR.

Jan

Roxy, until you pointed it out, I never noticed the extra stitches. I don;t think your sister will, either - and evn if she does, she won't care, because YOU made it for her with love.:c9

Should I or shouldn't I - its 62" and I am thinking of finishing it here or maybe 4 more rows in the darkest varigated purple/pink. What do you think.

th_FinishedCAL.jpg

I had to stand on the arms of the chair to be able to get it all in. If I make it any bigger I'll have to get the ladders out.:D

Roxy, until you pointed it out, I never noticed the extra stitches. I don;t think your sister will, either - and evn if she does, she won't care, because YOU made it for her with love.:c9

You can't really tell from that photo, will take another one later and post it, I never noticed it untill I laid it on the floor to measure it and now it's getting bigger it's more noticiable.

Think I am gonna just carry on with the way it is, it will still serve the same purpose.

th_finalfinito-CALRR.jpg

Thats it its done, finished. Not one more stitch will be put into it. I cannot believe that I have made a blanket in less than a week, it is a first - to actually finish something in the same year is a big thing for me, I l;ose heart with projects so easily. Its sixty five inches and big enough to go on top of my queen bed or be thrown over a sofa. Now to start on the next one.

th_finalfinito-CALRR.jpg

Thats it its done, finished. Not one more stitch will be put into it. I cannot believe that I have made a blanket in less than a week, it is a first - to actually finish something in the same year is a big thing for me, I l;ose heart with projects so easily. Its sixty five inches and big enough to go on top of my queen bed or be thrown over a sofa. Now to start on the next one.

It's beautiful! You did a great job!:clap

It's beautiful. I tried to get yarn so I could finish mine soon. But alas, snuck into store 10 mins before closing and they don't carry the yarn I wanted anymore. Will try at another store tonight. I am so so close. grrrrrrr...

Thanks for the offer Dorothy. I am very lucky in that I live in a high craft store and yarn shop area. So if it's not at AC Moore, it's at JoAnn's or Michael's. It just black Caron Perfect Match. I will track it down this weekend. And my brother will just have to wait a couple days.

th_finalfinito-CALRR.jpg

that is just beautiful and I cant believe you did it in one week.:clap

Found the yarn at Michael's and it was discounted. w00t! Hey 50 cents is 50 cents.

But I didn't work on the afghan today, I knit instead - 3/4 of a dishcloth and worked on a sock that I had hibernating. Back to the afghan tomorrow... maybe. Well, Sunday for sure.

I haven't posted lately, but I check in every day. This is a pic of Jacobs ladder RR I did during the summer. It works up very fast. I am working on two rr right now, one light blue, tan and brown, the other light pink, tan and brown. I have two cousins expecting, one a boy, one a girl and both picked the browns and tans.

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m190/crazycrochet/?action=view&current=blanket004.jpg

I haven't posted lately, but I check in every day. This is a pic of Jacobs ladder RR I did during the summer. It works up very fast. I am working on two rr right now, one light blue, tan and brown, the other light pink, tan and brown. I have two cousins expecting, one a boy, one a girl and both picked the browns and tans.

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m190/crazycrochet/?action=view&current=blanket004.jpg

I was looking at all your pictures and the Harlequin is gorgeous!

Thanks. I have only made 3 in 20+ years. It is beautiful, but so time consuming that only very, very special babies get it. My nephew was the first one I made, My god daughter was the second and her daughter got the last one. Thank goodness I didn't have to make one for my son, my mom did.:)

Archived