Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

Hi everyone! :waving I am not a part of this CAL but I check out this thread every day to see everyones beautiful afghans. They are all so lovely! I am not brave enough to try to add points...I just don't think I could pull it off! Just wanted to say "Hey" and to tell you all how much I enjoy looking at all of the beautiful creations on this thread. Keep up the good work! :yay

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yarn looks so pretty hanging from the kumquat tree. Must go and retrieve it before the birds make a nest with it. Lost my tempers after frogging for the umpteenth time and threw it off the verandah. Just couldn't get it to stop curling and I couldn't add the extra points. Using a smaller hook and started off with just one chain at the top of the points, waited tillI got to about round 5 before I started using 2 chains and it seems to be keeping flat. Just using colours out my stash so who knows what it will end up like.

Jan

Be patient... it will come. just a hint.... there are two large shell rows and 1 small shell row. repeat those 3 rows and it will lay flat.

Pat,

I have never done the 6 point, I was going to try but it seems with all the trouble that you all are having.... I dont think that I will... I am sticking to the 12/24 that is my next project.

I think that the tiger RR will be just that 12/24.

Have a great weekend.

The one I'm doing right now is the simple RR 12 point. I wanted to ask what pattern is the 12/24. :think

Now the 6 -12 -24 star is the one I threw in the corner with frustration. Some what like JanJan:lol but mine is not making a nice nest for the birdies. That's the one I am determined to do but it will have to wait for now.

Hi everyone! :waving I am not a part of this CAL but I check out this thread every day to see everyones beautiful afghans. They are all so lovely! I am not brave enough to try to add points...I just don't think I could pull it off! Just wanted to say "Hey" and to tell you all how much I enjoy looking at all of the beautiful creations on this thread. Keep up the good work! :yay

Well come on in and join us, we are all here to help. Now that I can give you advice since mine's in the corner (the one with the added points) but RRs are not hard and they work up very quickly. Give it a try, we'll be right here if you need us.:yes

Here is where I am at so far. Thought this would finish it out but its not as big as I want it to be. I am thinking of adding a row of each color followed by a row of white (twice) to make it bigger. What do you think?

IMG_0787-1.jpg

So bright and cheery! Your thought of a row of each color followed by a row of white is perfect, in my opinion!

You should still join!!! Adding points isn't near as hard as it seems. I've done the Aztec sun pattern and the points were very easy to add, just time consuming! This is actually one of the easiest afghans I've ever done! and so many color possibilities!

Have been wanting to make one of these for ages, all your ripples are fantastic.

This is my 1st attempt at a round ripple, 12 point

RoxysPictures027.jpg

Very pretty and I agree, strawberries and cream.

I stayed up late with hook flying, got up early this morning and did a bit more and then frogged the lot. Won't stay flat. I'll try the large and small shell I had figured it out by myself - but i did two DC 2c 2DC in the original point and 3dc etc in the new points. I discovered I had on two of the new points done an extra st. Serves me right for being in so much of a hurry. Hopefully I can get back to where I was before I frogged it (24 inches).

Jan

I have a question, I just finished the 5 point star and would like to put edging. I am thinking a shell stich. Where do I start and how many going in the points? I am hoping to post a picture when it is completed for all to see. Any suggestions for edging is appreciated. Thanks

Here is where I am at so far. Thought this would finish it out but its not as big as I want it to be. I am thinking of adding a row of each color followed by a row of white (twice) to make it bigger. What do you think?

IMG_0787-1.jpg

\

Love your interpretation of this pattern, nice color choices. Just curious, how big were you trying to make it? My finished aztec sun was 83 in. point to point without adding anything to the pattern just stitching as written?

This is definetely the aztec! The roundness is what I liked too but I will have to admit due to the roundness of the points at first I though I was doing something wrong. HA but I kept going anyways! :lol

The aztec sun points are more rounded, but as you increase the points they do become more defined.

\

Love your interpretation of this pattern, nice color choices. Just curious, how big were you trying to make it? My finished aztec sun was 83 in. point to point without adding anything to the pattern just stitching as written?

I plan on using it for the baby to play on the floor on. Like a play mat, put a toy bar above her. So definetely not as big as the full size calls for. Right now I am thinking about going thru the pattern up to where you add the next set of points and then see if its big enough. I don't want to add more points if I don't have to! ;)

Ok are you ready for my latest, greatest, great big ghan! It's all done and it's 25" point to point, lol! I did it as a sample for the program director at the crisis center where I bring the scarves every month. She was thinking that lapsquares or mini lapghans would be a nice change for the summer, so I've been experimenting! Here's one of them. What do you think? Grrrr...I can't get the pic to come out smaller. I'm so sorry! I did make it a thumbnail in photobucket! OK, 2nd try was MUCH better! Now I just have to learn how to make them clickable, lol!

aprilcharitycrafts2016-1.jpg

Ok are you ready for my latest, greatest, great big ghan! It's all done and it's 25" point to point, lol! I did it as a sample for the program director at the crisis center where I bring the scarves every month. She was thinking that lapsquares or mini lapghans would be a nice change for the summer, so I've been experimenting! Here's one of them. What do you think? Grrrr...I can't get the pic to come out smaller. I'm so sorry! I did make it a thumbnail in photobucket! OK, 2nd try was MUCH better! Now I just have to learn how to make them clickable, lol!

Did you follow the post you gave me earlier for the edging? I love the colors.

I plan on using it for the baby to play on the floor on. Like a play mat, put a toy bar above her. So definetely not as big as the full size calls for. Right now I am thinking about going thru the pattern up to where you add the next set of points and then see if its big enough. I don't want to add more points if I don't have to! ;)

I measured mine point to point on the row just before the next set of points was added, it is 56 in...don't know if that helps, yours may not be the same size because of the additional rows you added

very nicely done, good color combination!

th_CALstar.jpg

lets see if this works. Its works happy dance around the room. This is it just before I added the extra points. Used a varigated purply/pink and blue then a green. Managed to control the ruffling, once it is blocked it should be okay.

jan

th_CALstar.jpg

lets see if this works. Its works happy dance around the room. This is it just before I added the extra points. Used a varigated purply/pink and blue then a green. Managed to control the ruffling, once it is blocked it should be okay.

jan

Looks fantastic!!!!! I love the color combo! especially the teal! :D Great job!:clap

Archived