Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

Pickles...

thank you so much. I sure appreciate the kind words.. they give me motivation.. The blue cow is KEWL!!

Monica,

I have looked over your patterns numerous times, I think that they are all great. Thank you for the motivation..

The weird thing about this is there will NEVER be another... there is no pattern... my next project is a purple and gold tiger..

Thanks again so much, :hug:hug:hug

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont understand why it seems that every one is having trouble with lumps? frilly? whatever you call it? to tell the truth, I have never had trouble with that, they are flat as flat can be... maybe I should read this pattern... might have to stick with a 12/24.

on the 12 you work 2 large shell and 1 small shell. I wonder why you have to work 3DC on all rows? after the first 3rd row.... hmmmmm mine is row 4 large shell 2DC ch2 2 DC in the chain 2 sp. and follow the row... row 5 is small shell 1DC ch2 1DC follow the row.. 6 is large shell.. 2DC ch2 2DC follow the row.... repeat rows 4, 5, 6 until desired size.... gotta make it lay down with the row 5 repeating every 3rd row...

I am going to stick with what I know... 12/24

I know my problem is that my points where too chubby. I am thinking of a way to pull things in a bit. The outside may end up becoming more round than pointy. Will experiment this weekend and post pictures. I want it done before next Sunday.

on the 12 you work 2 large shell and 1 small shell. I wonder why you have to work 3DC on all rows? after the first 3rd row.... hmmmmm mine is row 4 large shell 2DC ch2 2 DC in the chain 2 sp. and follow the row... row 5 is small shell 1DC ch2 1DC follow the row.. 6 is large shell.. 2DC ch2 2DC follow the row.... repeat rows 4, 5, 6 until desired size.... gotta make it lay down with the row 5 repeating every 3rd row...

I am going to stick with what I know... 12/24

I made 2 other 12 point RR and no problem doing 2 rows large shell and 1 row sm shell. The one I started this week for whatever reason I did 2 rows large shell and 2 rows small shell and ending up frogging the whole thing that was half finished because it would not lay flat, no way, no how. So now I am back to doing 2 large and 1 small. Next one I'm going to try your idea. Of course I am not adding points, mine starts 12 and ends up 12 and that's fine with me for right now. I still have my 6-12-24 staring at me.

Well, it'd been a little bit since I've laid mine out to take a look at it. I was hoping the rippling had been taken care of....NOT! I don't care any more!:eek I'm so tired of frogging, this one's for me and I love the colors now. I finally finished putting the last set of points on, so I'm just going to finish it up and be done with it! Think I'll stick to the 12 points for a while after this one, or at least ones that I don't have to add points to, lol! It laid very flat until I added my points!:lol

Dorothy, Welcome! Jump right in if you dare! We'd love to have you! :cheer

Just finished adding my first set of fill in points! WHEW! :whewdidn't realize with the aztec sun pattern there was soooo much joining of yarn! And to think when I first started that it would be easy to weave in ends at the end of the blanket! Anyways, I will complete a few more rows and then post pics to see what you all think!

I just have to tell you what I found at Hobby Lobby today... I went to spend my "I quit smoking money" and I found the book 40 favorite ripple afghans it was on clearence for $1.67!!!!:yay:c9 :yayI was so excited!! It has the Aztec Sun pattern in it!! So I could afford to buy yarn that I liked for my new blankey!!! I got pale yellow, sage green, light purple, white, and a spring flower verigated!! After my girls go to bed tonight I am going to start on my latest project!! I will post pictures soon!! :hyper

I know I am late but can I still join??

Welcome to have you!! You will have fun!!:yay

Okay...tell me what you all think. I decided to change what I was originally going to do and just get creative! I didn't want to buy more yarn, so I went with what I have. This is for a baby girl. I'm going to add more rows of the yellow and probably finish with a yellow and light purple edging...

100_4756.jpg?t=1209185780

Here is where I am at so far. Thought this would finish it out but its not as big as I want it to be. I am thinking of adding a row of each color followed by a row of white (twice) to make it bigger. What do you think?

IMG_0787-1.jpg

This I love, okay you've got me, count me in. I'm off to raid my stash

Jan

Yarn looks so pretty hanging from the kumquat tree. Must go and retrieve it before the birds make a nest with it. Lost my tempers after frogging for the umpteenth time and threw it off the verandah. Just couldn't get it to stop curling and I couldn't add the extra points. Using a smaller hook and started off with just one chain at the top of the points, waited tillI got to about round 5 before I started using 2 chains and it seems to be keeping flat. Just using colours out my stash so who knows what it will end up like.

Jan

Okay...tell me what you all think. I decided to change what I was originally going to do and just get creative! I didn't want to buy more yarn, so I went with what I have. This is for a baby girl. I'm going to add more rows of the yellow and probably finish with a yellow and light purple edging...

Very nice! I love purple and yellow together.:clap

Here is where I am at so far. Thought this would finish it out but its not as big as I want it to be. I am thinking of adding a row of each color followed by a row of white (twice) to make it bigger. What do you think?

IMG_0787-1.jpg

I love it! I think that I would add 2 rows of each color with 1 of white in between to make it larger. Can't wait to see it done! :cheer

Have been wanting to make one of these for ages, all your ripples are fantastic.

This is my 1st attempt at a round ripple, 12 point

RoxysPictures027.jpg

Beautiful :cheer

Everyone's RR's look great....

Pickles, that RR is so bright and cheery...I would go with what grannyannie said about adding 2 of the colors and one white. All my crocheting never meets the guage of any patterns...I think I stitch too tight, so I crochet with a bigger hook!

Krazy-Kitty, that looks really good. I like the red and white. I started my first RR with this CAL as well. The 5 point is my second I'm working on, the first is a camo one. I'm not done with it. I have to finish this 5 point for a baby shower, and a lady at work asked me to make her sick mother an afghan before Mother's Day! My son said to me last night..."Mom, you really should only work on one thing at time...then my blanket would be done" The wisdom of a child!!

JanJan, here in Ga. I haven't seen any kumquat trees...but I can just imagine how pretty it is decorated with the frogged yarn! I can't wait to see your creation.

I am bound and determined to finish this RR this weekend. I haven't been able to make it lay out flat, and then all of a sudden (with a little stretching and pulling)...it laid the way I wanted to! I have to start that afghan for my friends mom and finish it in two weeks!! :eek I am a little stressed, and my friend is going to pay me for it as well. I don't even know what to charge!!!

I made 2 other 12 point RR and no problem doing 2 rows large shell and 1 row sm shell. The one I started this week for whatever reason I did 2 rows large shell and 2 rows small shell and ending up frogging the whole thing that was half finished because it would not lay flat, no way, no how. So now I am back to doing 2 large and 1 small. Next one I'm going to try your idea. Of course I am not adding points, mine starts 12 and ends up 12 and that's fine with me for right now. I still have my 6-12-24 staring at me.

Pat,

I have never done the 6 point, I was going to try but it seems with all the trouble that you all are having.... I dont think that I will... I am sticking to the 12/24 that is my next project.

I think that the tiger RR will be just that 12/24.

Have a great weekend.

IMG_0787-1.jpg

that is the aztec? I like the roundness of the points!!!!!

Great Job

Welcome to have you!! You will have fun!!:yay

I think it will look very pretty with the yellow added to it.

IMG_0787-1.jpg

I love the colors on this, it's really bright and cheery.

Archived