Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

I just finished this last night. I used Pound of Love and did a shell edging - I love how it turned out. This will go to my new grandchild due in 3 weeks - if a girl.

Thanks for looking!

thumb.jpg

Beautiful! I love the edging!:cheer

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here it is:

Clickable:

GirlieFlowerRoundRippleBabyAfgha-1.jpg

Monica, you are a very talented lady. :yes I love this and yes I would pay for this pattern. If you put it on etsy please let me know because I don't normally go there and I wouldn't want to miss it. Have you had any of your work published? I very much want to make this one so please let me know when you make the pattern available. I'd prefer to do this in an adult size though. I think my mom would absolutely love this. Mother's Day gift??????????

I just finished this last night. I used Pound of Love and did a shell edging - I love how it turned out. This will go to my new grandchild due in 3 weeks - if a girl.

Thanks for looking!

thumb.jpg

Joni, this is very pretty and love the edge. I'm doing a baby RR right now and was wondering what edge to do and I love yours.

Pat - I think I may give it a try to sell the pattern. I will still give some away for free, but I would like to earn more money than I do now. I will give it a fair price, after researching to see what would be fair. Thanks!

I found the border pattern somewhere on Crochetville but I can't remember where. What you do is 7 double crochets in the chain 2 of the points, then skip 1 double, slip stich in the next, skip 1 double, 5 double crochet around. In the "dips" you just slip stitch and then go back to doing 5 doubles. This is not an exact "science" because the stitches don't work out exactly right, but as you go along, you'll be able to see what looks right. Whoever wrote this out in the first place, thank you, because I do like how it turned out. Hope this helps and isn't too hard to understand!

Joni

I have a border I used on the little boy blue that is similar -

Triangle Point Border: With color A , join with sc in st beside center st at the top of one of the points, 5 dc in next dc, Ch 3, 5 dc in same st, sc in next dc, *skip 2 dc, 3 dc in next dc, Ch 3, 3 dc in same dc, skip 2 dc, sc in next dc; repeat from * except at points you will sc in st beside center st at the top of one of the points, 5 dc in next dc, Ch 3, 5 dc in same st, sc in next dc. Join with sl st in beginning sc. Tie off color A.

LittleBoyBlueSmall.jpg

I fixed it - new to ETSY and only listed one pattern when I could list more copies. The flower is 32 inches in diameter - a newborn size and great car seat blanket or even a wall hanging in the nursery . . . I listed 5 copies and can add more if they sell, so just let me know if you are interested and it is not there.

hee hee - I get bored when it gets much bigger than baby size it seems -- toddler size is okay too, but not much bigger than that. The lilly pond one I showed earlier is pretty big for me -- 52 inches I think.

Okay everyone...Tell me what you think. I want your input on this...I'm running out of the light purple and can finish the row I am on. I wanted to add 10 rows of light purple after the dark Purple and then change to white...but that can't happen. What would you all do?...Should I add yellow...or more dark purple?...HELP!!:eek

100_4749.jpg?t=1209011354

Well, I have to take the GRE in the morning so of course I cannot sleep even with sleep meds. So, I am here to offer my advice to sweet Cherie! I say, finish the row you are on, then do another dark purple section, then move on to the white. Perhaps you can make up lost rows in the white section. Or have you thought about a yellow section? Can you go buy more light purple? orrrrrrrrrrrrr can you find a dark purple, light purple and white variagated to transition into the white? Just some ideas. Don;t get stuck on the numbers thing - sometimes the prettiest ghans have random numbers of rows in each color. Hugs!

Okay everyone...Tell me what you think. I want your input on this...I'm running out of the light purple and can finish the row I am on. I wanted to add 10 rows of light purple after the dark Purple and then change to white...but that can't happen. What would you all do?...Should I add yellow...or more dark purple?...HELP!!:eek

Hmmm, so many choices, lol! Personally, I think I'd try adding a row of the dark purple if you want to transition into the white. I also like Monica's idea of a varigated to transition, but if you don't want to buy any more yarn.....Good Luck! It's very pretty, btw!

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll290/crashcat07/bluecow002.jpg

Please go to this link and tell me if you think it went blocky? I am wondering if I should start with the blue only..... the black seems to be taking over. Should I frog a couple rows? is it good the way it is?

It looks a little heavy with the black, but I think if you start working in the blue it'll look good without having to frog anything.

After all, it IS a blue cow!:hook

Yeah I kinda thought that too..just wanted a second opinion.

You remember what we were talking about? The graph? I figured out I am going to do a 24 point for her, in the purple and gold.

Thanks again,:hug

Yeah I kinda thought that too..just wanted a second opinion.

You remember what we were talking about? The graph? I figured out I am going to do a 24 point for her, in the purple and gold.

Thanks again,:hug

making a RR is a great idea...when you're ready to attempt a graph I'll be here:hook

It looks a little heavy with the black, but I think if you start working in the blue it'll look good without having to frog anything.

After all, it IS a blue cow!:hook

I agree. Can't wait to see this done. It will be great.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll290/crashcat07/bluecow002.jpg

Please go to this link and tell me if you think it went blocky? I am wondering if I should start with the blue only..... the black seems to be taking over. Should I frog a couple rows? is it good the way it is?

:rofl

Just so you know my grandfather is rolling in his grave right now! If only he could see this blue cow! He ran a dairy farm his whole life and my grandma had cows ALL over the house! Wish they could be here to see this one! I think it looks great! I don't think there is too much black, I think it will work it self out! I will have to show pics to my mom when you get this completed! But then she'll probably want one too! :lol

Monica, Your right...I probably have OCD!!..Not joking...I am soooo VERY anal!! I am going to have to step out of my comfort zone, and go crazy. I like the idea of the verigated. I really don't want to buy anymore yarn, but...If I have to...

I might try to see what I can with what I have. I'm going to go with the ligt purple till it runs out, then I might do a dark purple and maybe add yellow...not sure. I'll post pics as I progress.

I laid my afghan out post adding the 16 points. Major ruffling. I just don't care. LOL I have a couple ideas on how I will tighten it up but I refuse to frog at this point. So now I know what I will do different for the next one - if I do it the "same" way.

Archived