Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

Do you like easy patterns or patterns with a challenge? Since I'm new at this, I can only do easy patterns. Reading patterns is the biggest challenge so far.

Do you like to see multiple pics of the same pattern worked in different color combinations? Love, love, love the pictures of the variety of colors!

Do you like to read patterns, have charts, or both? Haven't tried any charts yet.

Do you like step by step pictures? Absolutely! I learned to crochet watching online crochet tutorials and photos are very helpful with difficult stitches and where to join.

What do you wish all patterns had that some do not?

(I like to know just how many stitches are at the end of EVERY row or round. That way I know if I messed up on reading the pattern.) What? We're supposed to count stitches? :crochetingI guess knowing how many stitches are to be on each side of the point of the RR would be helpful. At least I would know if I'm on track or really making a mess of it.

How do you feel about getting a pattern emailed to you instead of a hard copy sent? Email is faster!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess we're just about in a tie here! I just started adding the last round of points to my AztecSun this afternoon. This time I am MAKING myself pull throught the ends as I do each point...saving 128 ends to pull through all at once is more than I can stand. Mine measures about 53 inches so far, so I guess they will be around the same size when finished. Might do pictures after the points are on, and the first color after them is added.

Football Mom,

I finished adding the remaining points last night, and now working on the first color after, and I did the ends after each point. It took a while to do, but at least I didn't have to do them all together after the points were added. I am glad to be finished with points, now just 15 more rows until it is finished....

p.s. looking forward to seeing yours

Valerie ~ :eek 32 points???? :eek May your hook be swift and your patience plentiful! It is just looking so nice and comfy!

yes, 32...it sounds like a lot but it is coming along nicely, and I am following a pattern, don't know if I could have done it on my own yet....

thanks for the good wishes, the 32 points are all on now, just have to finish the last 16 rows....pics coming soon

Do you like easy patterns or patterns with a challenge? Easy is good, but I do like a bit of a challenge at times

Do you like to see multiple pics of the same pattern worked in different color combinations? Yes, Pics are very helpful!

Do you like to read patterns, have charts, or both? Patterns

Do you like step by step pictures? Yes!

What do you wish all patterns had that some do not?

(I like to know just how many stitches are at the end of EVERY row or round. That way I know if I messed up on reading the pattern.) A stitch count at the end of every row/round would be wonderful! I also agree about it being written out line by line instead of like a paragraph.

How do you feel about getting a pattern emailed to you instead of a hard copy sent? Either way is fine

:hug

Hi folks. Sorry I haven't been posting much ... life just gets in the way sometimes.

I have been playing my Civilization game so I guess I don't have much of an excuse for not being here. I'm still putting rows on all my ripples even if i am not posting much.

I love following this cal so I'm here :lurk

Sue,

the gentle waves ripple is at: http://mikknits.blogspot.com/ You can find the link to the pdf file on the right side. I tried to get it to open but my puter is acting crazy tonight. If I figure it out I am gonna do the first one in pastel rainbow colors then the next will be bright rainbow colors. Not sure on the other two nieces colors yet. I think we are gonna go look at Walmart on Friday night. I haven't gotten to try it again. My 20 month old nephew was here all weekend so I got nothing done but frogging. Needless to say he likes the yarn!!! LOL

I love all the ghans that have been posted. The colors are amazing!!

Have a good night everyone.

Perhaps you all have seen this already (several links to things on this site) but it is a great listing of round ripple patterns - <a href=" http://www.tamemymind.com/blog/2007/03/19/round-afghan-blanket-patterns-crocheted-or-knitted.php"> Round afghan blanket patterns, crocheted or knitted</a>

May I join your CAL? Ya'll are having too much fun and I've been following along with you anyway. I've started a Spiderman RR and several of you have come to my aid since I've had troubles along the way. I am very grateful!

2314328405_670c5ab1a2_m.jpg

I just started my 3rd red round.

CottonCandee, thank you for posting all the links to photos in one place! To answer one of your questions: I love to look at all the color combos and the unique pattern changes ya'll make in some of your RRs.

AND

sue

ok i`m in :cheer

Put your hands together for a warm Howdy Do...

Joining our Cal is not one new member but rather two

First up is Sherilynn from the state of Tennesse

A spiderman round ripple she has posted a pic to see!

Our next new member is AtHBa crocheting from Kuwait

For pictures of her works of art, I can hardly wait

Our little group is growing and many round ripples made

I just hope I am able still to keep mine up to grade

Welcome Sherilynn and AtHBa!

Sherilynn - love the pic of your spiderman ghan!

AtHBa - Can't wait to see some of your work!

Sue - I can totally relate to your yarn shopping story! Now, I don't have a hubby anymore to worry about, just my own financial issues to battle!

Maybe we need a person in the White House who can make yarn deductible on our income taxes?

Hi folks. Sorry I haven't been posting much ... life just gets in the way sometimes.

I have been playing my Civilization game so I guess I don't have much of an excuse for not being here. I'm still putting rows on all my ripples even if i am not posting much.

I love following this cal so I'm here :lurk

Hello darski! Hows it hanging? Miss seeing you here but understand the prior engagements! You are a gamer too? I got a PS3 for Christmas but can't play and crochet soooo I haven't played much!

Sue,

the gentle waves ripple is at: http://mikknits.blogspot.com/ You can find the link to the pdf file on the right side. I tried to get it to open but my puter is acting crazy tonight. If I figure it out I am gonna do the first one in pastel rainbow colors then the next will be bright rainbow colors. Not sure on the other two nieces colors yet. I think we are gonna go look at Walmart on Friday night. I haven't gotten to try it again. My 20 month old nephew was here all weekend so I got nothing done but frogging. Needless to say he likes the yarn!!! LOL

I love all the ghans that have been posted. The colors are amazing!!

Have a good night everyone.

Thank you Wendy! I think that it is just so pretty! I might do one of those too! More calming pattern for a baby! If you read earlier I too am doing a pastel rainbow then a bright rainbow too! I am thinking of doing it in the faded color scheme... like the painted doilies I have seen.

oops - I guess the quick reply doesn't do HTML! Let's try it again - Perhaps you all have seen this already (several links to things on this site) but it is a great listing of round ripple patterns - Round afghan blanket patterns, crocheted or knitted

Thankx Monica! I love her site and it is wonderful to have such different patterns for round ripples in one spot!

A special thanks to Wendy, Lisa, Sherilynn, and Ann for answering my questions!

So here is my 2 cents for the night... I have 6 more rows and then a trim and I am done! It is turning out to be a lapghan but I don't care. Using the front posts throughout has made this thing so heavy and warm that it interfiers with my "power surges" so that I am about to become an up in flames sorta girl! Talk about a Hot Mama! :lol I am driving DH crazy for it will be 65 or below in the house and he wants to turn the heat on... and I scream... "You can put more clothes on and if you don't want me to run around naked, then you better remove your finger from the thermostat pronto bucko!!" So what do I get but a hateful glare and it cool in here until he cranks it up when I am not looking! So it is the battle of the flames within vs the artic feet.

here is another update on my aztec sun, I have added the last set of points so now we are at 32, I have just a few more rounds to go, but had to stop...ran out of delft blue, gotta make a run to wally later. There is one and a half round left for the delft blue and then one more section of the royal blue and then a white, about 12 rounds total.

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/mva5493/?action=view&current=DSCN4379.jpg

Valerie, that's beautiful! :clapI have some delft blue in my stash and I know the camera hasn't done it justice:hook

Valerie, that's beautiful! :clapI have some delft blue in my stash and I know the camera hasn't done it justice:hook

you're right it really doesn't, I really like the way it looks in person

ps...thank you,btw I forgot that part,lol

Valerie, that is so pretty! It's so true about the colors not showing properly! What a shame! I took a pic of a purple square that I made and it looks blue? Go figure!

I started my next RR last night! Try as I might to resist and finish a couple other projects, I just couldn't, lol! The yarn kept calling me. Yes, Sue, the yarn talks to me too! I decided to go with the rainbow rr, since that's what I had on hand. I need to order yarn for the popcorn rr since I only have enough for about 1/2. Hope I don't have trouble with colors matching! We know how that goes!!! I'll try to post a pic later!

Valerie it looks beautiful.

I've add my second set of points and have been working on my rounds. I think I'm going to have to add more rounds than the pattern calls for though so that I get it a bit bigger.

I'm posting this for my good friend Sam. She only has a dial up connection for her computer and I liked what she did with this so much that I wanted everyone to see it.

P1010011.jpg?t=1205327551

P1010012.jpg?t=1205327762

Valerie, that is so pretty! It's so true about the colors not showing properly! What a shame! I took a pic of a purple square that I made and it looks blue? Go figure!

I was watching a quilting show and the guest was a photographer who photographed craft piecses professionally. He suggested placing the item on a black background and that does seem to help. I used a navy blue sheet, but even though the colors are still off a bit, it looks better than it did on just the light brown carpet I started with. He also suggested a diffuser (sp?) for the flash, but I don't know the first thing about that, the sheet I could do.:)

good luck with your rainbow rr,I did one as a gift in January, loved the way it turned out. RR's are very addictive, my aztec sun is number 14 or 15 for me.

Valerie it looks beautiful.

I've add my second set of points and have been working on my rounds. I think I'm going to have to add more rounds than the pattern calls for though so that I get it a bit bigger.

Thank you, looking forward to seeing your progress as well. One of the reasons I like the basic rr pattern is that the pattern is flexible. I don't count the rounds usually, I just work until it looks big enough to me. Sometimes will count the rounds after it is finished, or measure point to point. If you want it bigger you just keep going until it looks like the right size. :)

Valerie, that is beautiful. Ineed to go to the store to see what delf blue really looks like. I bet its gorgeous.

Leslie, please tell your friend Sam that the afghan is stunning. I love using black, and I like the use of the broken lines.

LavaHalo - that is stunning!!!

Here is my progress - kind of like having a baby

close up of the points

th_CIMG3674.jpg

and from a distance - the crochet hook is unit of measure

th_CIMG3675.jpg

I have maybe 14-15 more rows to go but NO MORE POINTS:clap

Oh this is VERY nice!! :cheerLooks a bit hard. Is it?

just wanted to check in and give an update, I have been working on my aztec sun just a bit, I am adding the last set of points now (going from 16-32) and will post a pic after I get them on(hopefully later today). I have 16 rows left after the points and then it will be finished, it is going to be quite large I think, the pattern says the finished size is 60" diameter using a J hook and ww yarn. Mine is measuring 52" now with 16 rows to go! :eek Oh well the more to snuggle up in when it's cold.:) Here is a pic of my progress so far...?action=view&current=DSCN4334.jpg

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/mva5493/?action=view&current=DSCN4334.jpg

WOW! I like that. Really nice colors too.

Archived