Cotton Candee

Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

My mom decided today that I should make her several of the round ripples just large enough to fit nicely in the center of her dining room table. I can make them in seasonal colors and the will be better than doilies. Guess I'll add that to my ever growing list. LOL

Love everyones afghans. Can't wait to start my next one!!

wendy

I am developing an addiction to creating 6 Point Ripple Centres. :eek Film at 11*

Does anyone know of a support group for this as it is seriously getting in the way of other crocheting? :blush

*I'll post pics tomorrow of the two centres I have started so far. One of them has pattern notes that need testing (hint, hint)

LOl darski since im not far along i will test for you, I have tested for quite a few ladies so no problems and lord knows i have the stash lol.

LOl darski since im not far along i will test for you, I have tested for quite a few ladies so no problems and lord knows i have the stash lol.

Great!!! I'll pm you with the pattern as it is so far.

laugh1.jpg

I have a couple of other pics that might help you with it too.

edited to add... I sent the PM with the pattern but I will send another with a link to the pattern photos. I really appreciate you doing this for me. :hug

Oh Darski, its so pretty.

I ended up frogging the whole 5 cream colored rows. I deluded myself into thinking that they would lie flat, but they are ruffled and Imnot happy......soooooo back to the blue and I will be working all week.

I think that by the time I have finished, I will have made this afghan twice. <sigh>

darski, if you want another tester send it along to me. I'm testing a baby blanket for someone right now but it won't take long. It 's working up really fast. This one was going to be my next project anyway. ;)

I am developing an addiction to creating 6 Point Ripple Centres. :eek Film at 11*

Does anyone know of a support group for this as it is seriously getting in the way of other crocheting? :blush

darski you crack me up Girl! As for the support group... count me in! I have about 5 of the little darlings laying around over here and just say I am making matching coasters... :lol

Wendy, I think that would be so pretty!

Lisa, :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug Just think of the experience you are gaining! :hook

Well, I have Good news and Bad news...

1st, the bad news...

I am a quitter! It is awful but I just can't do the 6-12-24 pt afghan anymore! It is not to my liking, I am not following the pattern anymore and haven't been. The color combo is one I don't like.

.....:frog..........:frog..........:frog..........:frog..........:frog..........:frog..........:frog.....

2nd, the good news...

I have started another one already and am putting on the 1st set of extra points tonight. I do like the lime green with the purple but the black just didn't do it for me since it took away from the purple. Everyone at work is liking it too! I used a 6pt rr pattern and did change it in that I am doing it all in front post, which I really like. It made both sides interesting.

It made counting a thing of the past and it is easier for me anyway to not have to frog... at least I haven't frogged any of it so far. It works up so fast! I just started it last night! So I am in love with this one!

So with no further ado... here is a pic.

Colleen%27s+star+026.jpg

Where I was seeing if I liked the new point. It will look better once I go around in the green again. This is the back of the rr and is done in back posts.

Colleen%27s+star+024.jpg

Here is a close up of the stitches, if you can see them. I really do like doing things in the front post.

Colleen%27s+star.jpg

Here it is and I only started last night. I only have about 3 hours into this! It works up so fast!

Once again you can't tell it is purple in the pic... :thair but if you look in the top 2 pics, you will see it amost the correct purple in the rows towards the middle and NOT on the outside edge. Think it will look much better after I put in all the points and do 5 more rows of the green!

oh sue that looks great hey darski send me your pattern ill try it im ready to start my next one as soon as i get 3 more rounds on the current one which im off to work on now woohooooo

Sue *hugs*

Sorry to hear that you gave up on the first one. I think many of us tend to be perfectionists and too critical when it comes to our work - I am for sure. I thought it was rather lovely :)

The new one is looking awesome as well...it has an artistic flair to it. I am anxious to see the finished product! *cheering you on*

Angela

Hey all! Well, it's done. My first RR.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t218/Scarlet_Veil/2008%20crochet/2008Crochet029.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t218/Scarlet_Veil/2008%20crochet/2008Crochet028.jpg

Not nearly as difficult as some of yours, but it did give me some trouble at times. Thanks for letting my measly 8 pt hang out with your 24's and for the encouragement.

Andrea, Melissa, and Angela.. :manyheartThankx you guys! :hug

I am soooo critical of my own work and it is getting worse as I grow older... :eek I do love this one and can't wait to do another! It is truely a joy to work this pattern and have already figured out a better way to make the extra points but didn't want to frog this one! It will do and looks better now that I put the green on again.

Thankx darski and Colleen! :yay Oh, and darski, I saw I didn't tell you how much I like your new star starts! I really do, btw! Also, I was thinking... can one be made into a hat? :devil

Hey all! Well, it's done. My first RR.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t218/Scarlet_Veil/2008%20crochet/2008Crochet029.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t218/Scarlet_Veil/2008%20crochet/2008Crochet028.jpg

Not nearly as difficult as some of yours, but it did give me some trouble at times. Thanks for letting my measly 8 pt hang out with your 24's and for the encouragement.

You do beautiful :crocheting work Susan! It is very lovely and very pretty colors. :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Colleen%27s+star+small.jpg

The holes in the middle of the new points are kind of big but I know what to do next time! I think this one looks much better!

The holes in the middle of the new points are kind of big but I know what to do next time! I think this one looks much better!

Sue ---- I absolutely love this, it's beautiful. :applause:applause:applause You have to share how you did this, please please please.

I've been crocheting for years and years and have never made up anything. I need a pattern and I'm so envious of you guys you can do this. I wouldn't know where to begin. :think

It really is gorgeous, can't wait to see it finished.

Sorry but I didn't get time this weekend to figure out how to do the pics and it's still sitting on row 22. I'll be back on it this week.

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Talk about "The Bold & The Beautiful"

:cheerHow great are some of these afghans going to look when they are done.

If such a small bit can look so good, the mind boggles at what the finished articles will look like.:cheer

Good work everyone.

:thinkNow, not so much of the unravelling.:think

:eekRemember, if you want it perfect, get it made in a factory by a robot.:eek

Crocheting was never meant to be perfect.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Oh Darski, its so pretty.

I ended up frogging the whole 5 cream colored rows. I deluded myself into thinking that they would lie flat, but they are ruffled and Imnot happy......soooooo back to the blue and I will be working all week.

I think that by the time I have finished, I will have made this afghan twice. <sigh>

May I ask Lisa just how big this is? It looks huge! I just love the colors and I like the way the new points look on it! :clap:clap:cheer:cheer:clap:clap You are doing a top-notch job!

Sue ---- I absolutely love this, it's beautiful. :applause:applause:applause You have to share how you did this, please please please.

I've been crocheting for years and years and have never made up anything. I need a pattern and I'm so envious of you guys you can do this. I wouldn't know where to begin. :think

It really is gorgeous, can't wait to see it finished.

Sorry but I didn't get time this weekend to figure out how to do the pics and it's still sitting on row 22. I'll be back on it this week.

I received the pattern from someone and have asked if I can give it out. I just did the points by counting 1/2 way from the point to the valley and joined my yarn. I then just kept going back and forth and it worked its way out so that it has the exact same stitch pattern as the other points. At the top, however, I should have used sc instead of dc to make the hole smaller. I also should have only had 2 stitches skipped in the middle instead of 4 to make it closer together so those holes aren't so big either. I am going to finish this one and do another with the points the other way. Thankx for you kind words too! :)

If such a small bit can look so good, the mind boggles at what the finished articles will look like.:cheer

Good work everyone.

Have fun.

Thankx Colleen! I needed that! I am not a robot so I need to have the human aspect in it!

that is stunning

everyone elses are so breathtaking now im starting to criticize my color choices lol

The ghans look great. Everyone has done a wonderful job on their ripples.

Sue I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.

I haven't touched mine in at least a day. I've been working on my pineapple trying to get it finished up.

Everyone's ghan's are so beautiful! Sue, I'm so sorry that you weren't happy with you're first one, but this second one is wonderful! I was able to do a little more on mine last night, but I'm still having trouble posting pics. Everything is HUGE! Do you all use photobucket? I reduce the pics to thumbnail, but when I post them over here they are BIG! I'm beginning to think it's me because it's been 3 days :eek

Good work everyone.

Have fun.

I look at it this way - a mistake just means that it is truly an original item from me :lol