Cotton Candee

Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Hi everyone,

Wow!!! All the RR's look amazing and beautiful! I apologize for joining in on this CAL and then not posting. Originally I wanted to do the 6 -24-point one but am unable to get my hands on the pattern. I decided to go with Aggie Mays 9-point pattern....and I am modifying it to 18 points (I hope that is alright to do - I have seen others modifying the 6 - 12- 24 point, so I thought it would be alright. I have never seen anyone do an 18-point so I thought I'd give it a try. I just got to a certain point that I thought would work and now I am adding a granny square in each of the valleys, thus making the new 9 points. It's working out quite well and I am pleased with my results.....except 1 thing - :eek:eek:eek it's puckering in the middle. I managed to smooth it out for the pic but....any ideas of what I can do? Except taking it apart! I cannot bring myself to do that!! Anyhow, here it is: first with our big kitty Sir Midnight trying it out, and the second by itself (hubby had to remove the kitty). What do you think?

Angela :crocheting

P1010026-midnight.jpg

P1010024-1.jpg

:faint:nworthy:faint:nworthy:faint:nworthy Is all I have to say!

Angela I love it totally! oh, and the kitty too! What wonderful work you do!

I got a pic taken. I should explain that the last partial dark row is not a real row as I just wanted to get an idea of the effect of that next row once I get my new points added in. i just ran the yarn across and did a few stitches.

rrupdate2.jpg

I really like the way you are alternating the colors darski! It is so pretty, as is all your work!

Wow....thank you so much for your advice. I have been doing the larger shell (2dc ch2 2dc) on most all of the rows...but I will be sire to change to the smaller shell more often. (I think this will help to even out the increase, right?) I haven't done your trick yet but I will when I go back to the living room to crochet...I sure hope it turns out ok...but if not...lessons learned :)

Thank you for the compliment on the colors...it is for my sister who loves all colors. I hope she gets the cheery feeling when she sees it and it lifts her spirits.

Angela

http://www.myspace.com/_angela_d

I don't know how she couldn't feel cheery with this colorful beautiful rr!

This is why I haven't had a progress pic on my 6 - 24.

0221082034.jpg

I stopped because I ran out of my outlining yarn. So I'll have to wait till I can get more . Almost finished, just another color change and then the last outline.

I do have a few more rounds than my last pic of the 6 - 24, but I'll wait until there is a noticable difference.

:devil

:faint:faint:faint:faint:faint:faint You can crochet! :devil That is just lovely! I am impressed with the colors and the layout!

As I said, mine's not a 6-24, it's an any rr, hehe, but here's my progress. It's turning out bigger than I expected, it's supposedly a baby blanket pattern :eek. Don't tell my 13 yr old neice!

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t218/Scarlet_Veil/2008%20crochet/2008Crochet027.jpg

This is really pretty and I love the colors! :c9

I don't think she can tell it is from a baby pattern... btw, what is the difference? :think

Sue - Cotton Candee - star+1st+round+of+points+in+purple.jpgI have finished my new points and the border around them. It is working up a lot faster now in that I kinda know what I am doing and is slower in that I frogged 1 row since it ruffled. I have the pattern and just look at the pic. It is just awful! If you want to do any 6 -12 - 24 rr and can't do it unless you have a pattern, then just do the 6 point pattern, then like 3 to 5 rows AFTER you have some pointy points (great show of my expertise in crochet talk!) and not just rounded ones, then what I did was take yarn and in 4 rows increased it from 1 sc to 24 by inc ea st by 2 so that you have double the sc in ea row. Then I just whip stitched it in where I wanted my new points by going 1/2 way down each side so that it was all even... It looks go to me anyway and it worked. star+1st+point+closeup.jpg

The pattern calls for going from the bottom up and dec to 1 and my dec stitches looked holey where my increase looked much fuller...

Ah, the mind of a crazy woman.. sorry about how I am saying this but I hope it makes sense. Hence.. no self-written pattern yet!

Melissa - afswife ~

Glad you're back... :nahnah Hope you had fun... :kick For Mom buying you more yarn! mmmmmmmmmmm Hobby Lobby.... :shop

darski - darski

:hug darski... I know what you mean and I am not even 1/2 way there... But then I am determined to do this and then another at my leasure... A baby set sounds so cute, especially with the colors you are using! Now what you can do to motivate yourself is start the baby set and work 1 row then treat yourself to the baby set work... besides, that gives us slower or just starters to catch up! :hook

Aimee - indigo73

Hello Aimee! How's yours coming along?

Lisa - isserlie

Lisa, I love your comments! I just hope I don't get on anyones nerves with my rattlings! I am super glad GirlFriend :D that you are not crocheting a salad bowl nor a frilly frufru but a flat rr that is just waiting for you to continue! You are, as they used to say, gittin' ur dun, even if it is stitch by stitch... we all know that each journey starts but with a single step!

Andrea - andrea2006

Andrea, I love the colors! Can't wait to see a pic! AFTER the 1st points are done it gets sooooooo much better till the next set! Keep up the GREAT work!

:blah

Oh, buck up Andrea! Just take your crocheting with you Girl... like the rest of us..

(Sorry but I just couldn't pass that one up! :rofl )

Judy - judianne

Hi Judy! How's the other WIPs coming? I am actually thinking or starting something to work on between this and that since just seeing the same thing gets to me! Is that why you have more than one WIP too? Can't wait to see the pics!

Jeannie - jeannie1205

Your colors are drop dead gorgous! I am not an earth tone person but I am finding that I really like the colors I am seeing on here! It looks like you are where you put the extra points on... am I right?

Tena - Tena

I hope you and yours all feel better soon and I am glad you are not MIA anymore! Can't wait to see what you have been able to do or get done soon!

Wendy - bearcrafty1

Wendy, I bought mine off of ebay for waaaaaaaaay too much ESPECIALLY since I am not using it since it is a CRAZY pattern... I am modifying it all the time.

Sharon - Boksie

That is GREAT Sharon! Can't wait to see the pics. What colors are you going to use on the baby rr?

Pat - Pat54

Pat... Congrats on Villager... :hug

Did Donna and Amy tell you once you are a full fledged Villiger you now will be paying taxes?? :P You are a great friend to not only help with the dreaded moving but painting too! What a friend you are! Can't wait to see the pics and if you still are having problems, PM me and I will walk you thru it!

Ann - GrannyAnnie

Happy Birthday to GrannyAnnieDH :birthday I'll tell you one thing... colors start lookin' real good when you are far enough to see what frogging would do... or actually undo! :hook I am sure it will look better to you after you have gotten farther along!

More yarn... :drool

Susan - DoubleTreble

Us Susan's ROCK :2rock Can't wait to see the pics!!!

Micky - charmingly_wicked

Hope you are doing wonderful!

Colleen - Aggie May

Colleen, At the speed you crochet, 1- I don't see why you are acting like you feel guilty for not crocheting... heck, you do have to let the poor hook cool down sometime! If it doesn't get worn down, then you would melt it from the friction! :yes I am so happy you do still have your Mum and she is lucky to have you!

Christine - 130chris

I'll tell y'all that you crochet so fast AND have it look good too! Can't wait to see the pics Christine! Midds - Midds

FootballMom - WrestlingMom

FBM->WM, Your colors and work are breathtaking! I just love it and I am no big fan of the varigated yarns but I see where on these rr they really do look nice! I am also counting all the time but still sing my frogger ditty too! :hook Can't wait to see the next one! OH, and btw... You are offically added now too! :ghug I fixed your name in the list! FINALLY! Welcome offically to the CAL! I just hope your son finds a girl that will be able to treat him right too! He will have high standards with a Mom like you raising him!

Beth - beth eathorne

Welcome aboard Beth :ghug(I am assuming that is your 1st name, didn't say in your profile, cuz I peeked!) 1st off we are going to hold you accountable you where you are glad you found us and 2nd, can't wait to see your work!

Whew... So I hope y'all have a great day tomorrow and I will see what y'all are up to then... Thankx for all the great responses and updates!

You're right! Gonna start those this evening. Got caught up on some other projects and haven't worked on RR since. Hubby asking what happened with project. Didn't know he cared....go figure :lol

I know you missed me mom says hey roflol and said she was happy to take her fav to the store hehehe

This is to you for being the little spoiled brat :nahnah I can't believe Mom :grandmabought you more :yarn:box Just wait till your birthday :tryme. You are just so :wbrr towards me... Oh, and Melissa... Here ya go!:neener

Here is my baby gift to a co-worker half of a present for twin girls

th_P1010363.jpg

I am thinking of starting this 6 to 24 point. Melissa (afswife) has me a bit nervous about starting it. Anyways. I'm trying to figure out my colors for this. I have some holly and ivy sitting here and I thought this would be pretty as a Christmas afghan. So do you think these colors would work or do you think I need a red in there as well?

colorsforchristmasripple.jpg

I'll post your name on our list Donna! Welcome aboard! I also agree with Colleen about the red. I would like to see some in it but dark and sparse. Oh, and don't mind Melissa... she is just out to start trouble. Besides, if that little brat can do it, surely you can! :yes

th_HPIM0447.jpg

the beginning of a baby RR in Bernat Softee Baby in Soft Lilac and Pink Parade.

Oh Judy... so pretty and delicate! Sooooooooo soft too! :c9

217.jpg

im am fixing to join the next set of points woohoooooo

Whatever... :devil

I am hoping to do that later tonight! I do love the colors Melissa... Mom must have picked them out... :hug You always were color challenged!

It does look good though... I do have to admit grudgingly...

charm thank you so much my goal go ahead and laugh is to have it done by monday roflol

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

You're right! Gonna start those this evening. Got caught up on some other projects and haven't worked on RR since. Hubby asking what happened with project. Didn't know he cared....go figure :lol

They do tend to surprise us at the oddest moments... don't they?

Here is my baby gift to a co-worker half of a present for twin girls

th_P1010363.jpg

Oh, Beth, I love the colors! What is the other half going to look like?

Okay I went ahead with the color scheme I had and this is where I am so far. I'm adding the variegated now. We'll see how it looks after I work on it some this weekend. So far no trouble with the pattern so I'm hoping it will work out okay.

begininngstar.jpg

I can't wait to see what it will look like! :yes

charm thank you so much my goal go ahead and laugh is to have it done by monday roflol

Hey, you have all weekend, it can be done. And you officially have until midnight monday night. So that gives you some extra time.

:faint:faint:faint:faint:faint:faint You can crochet! :devil That is just lovely! I am impressed with the colors and the layout!

Thanks. See, this is why I continue with these things. All this encouragement.

th_P1010363.jpg

That is just so cute. Nice color combination.

begininngstar.jpg

That's a great start. It's gonna be pretty, I can tell already.

i wanted something very different for each baby (2 girls) the first blanket is a large granny square made from rh baby camo and a soft pink..with a scallop edge. the old stand by but it is really nice. i am also going to make a small toy and booties to go to each. i love the way this star is turning out. and it is easy.

seeing all of these wonderful rr has made me really get excited about making another spiderman blanket. I made one last year for my twin nephews and got bored with it. Now i have gotten the itch to start the other one and give them to my db sons for birthday number six.. my nephews are named Payne and Rhett Butler. I dont know why i kept getting the twin thing going.

Hey, you have all weekend, it can be done. And you officially have until midnight monday night. So that gives you some extra time.

ty i got a long way tonight during our movie night and we still have one more movie to waqtch so maybe i will be done by then wooohooo

umm to my mean sis lol you are so in trouble i told also my mom said she wasnt aware of another daughter one she ants child support and umm 2 she wants early retirment one more girl like me would have got her a little closer to the wooden box wander what shes trying to say lol

umm to my mean sis lol you are so in trouble i told also my mom said she wasnt aware of another daughter one she ants child support and umm 2 she wants early retirment one more girl like me would have got her a little closer to the wooden box wander what shes trying to say lol

kids... ;)

Thanks. See, this is why I continue with these things. All this encouragement.

and I thought is was all the abuse... :yes

Okay, picked up the RR again but I'm getting frustrated because the center is not laying flat. I know that was an original problem. Thought that by adding the next points to the RR it would right itself out but NO DICE! I hate to frog it...thinking of ironing it out, lol. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

What I was told was to do the middle star very tight or just use a smaller hook. I used like a D and am now using a G. I heard it buckled so I did that from the beginning. Is the very middle buckling or the edges? If the edges, then I have been bringing in a little tighter in the valleys... Other than that, I don't know.