Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P1010024-1.jpg

Wow, that's really pretty. Now if I run out of my colors, I'll know it will look ok to change to different ones.

rrupdate2.jpg

It's going really well.

Sue - Cotton Candee - star+1st+round+of+points+in+purple.jpg

Micky - charmingly_wicked

Hope you are doing wonderful!

Way to change it up. It looks great.

And yes I'm still working. But I am working a bit on my regular rr, it's not for me, so more important. I'll have pics soon.

:devil

It could be that you need to do it more like the Simple RR where you do a shell os 2DC, CH2, 2DC on 2 rows then a V Stitch 1DC, CH2, 1DC on one row.

:thinkBy the way, are you working over your tails as you go?

It is a great idea to do this because when you have finished, you just need to clip off the bits left and you are finished, no threading in of ends to do, except the last one.

Keep up the good work.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

I have been wondering why everyone elses rr have the little holes in the valleys and peaks and mine doesn't. I am guessing from what you said Colleen about the V stitches that most rr use these in the peaks... Since I have never done a rr before, I didn't know that. The wonderful pattern "6-pointed star afghan" doesn't use the v stitches but rather you sc 3 at each point and then just use the middle one for the next point. So that cleared up that mystery... :yay

Thank you!

I have been working my ends in as I go so that I wouldn't have to go back later and do it. :hook

Wow some beautiful stuff out there. Sue, I love your colors! Looks great!

Progress is in reverse here. Had to frog once as I had not been careful enough with the counting. Just frogged again as I had mirrored the colors rather than repeated and didn't like that. Then frogged again as I felt the width of the strips should increase after a certain point, like the ripples in water. Sometimes it doesn't pay to be creative! So I have frogged back now to row 20. Hopefully I'll be happy with it this time.

Susan, I have seriously thought of frogging almost to the beginning but then figured would just get this one done and move on! Hang in there girl... us Susan's stick together and just like to get it "just so"! :lol

This is why I haven't had a progress pic on my 6 - 24.

0221082034.jpg

I stopped because I ran out of my outlining yarn. So I'll have to wait till I can get more . Almost finished, just another color change and then the last outline.

I do have a few more rounds than my last pic of the 6 - 24, but I'll wait until there is a noticable difference.

Sue - Cotton Candee - star+1st+round+of+points+in+purple.jpgI have finished my new points and the border around them. It is working up a lot faster now in that I kinda know what I am doing and is slower in that I frogged 1 row since it ruffled. I have the pattern and just look at the pic. It is just awful! If you want to do any 6 -12 - 24 rr and can't do it unless you have a pattern, then just do the 6 point pattern, then like 3 to 5 rows AFTER you have some pointy points (great show of my expertise in crochet talk!) and not just rounded ones, then what I did was take yarn and in 4 rows increased it from 1 sc to 24 by inc ea st by 2 so that you have double the sc in ea row. Then I just whip stitched it in where I wanted my new points by going 1/2 way down each side so that it was all even... It looks go to me anyway and it worked. star+1st+point+closeup.jpg

The pattern calls for going from the bottom up and dec to 1 and my dec stitches looked holey where my increase looked much fuller...

Ah, the mind of a crazy woman.. sorry about how I am saying this but I hope it makes sense. Hence.. no self-written pattern yet!

Oh man i love yours must get your talent from me roflol sis good job

Melissa - afswife ~

Glad you're back... :nahnah Hope you had fun... :kick For Mom buying you more yarn! mmmmmmmmmmm Hobby Lobby.... :shop

I know you missed me mom says hey roflol and said she was happy to take her fav to the store hehehe

darski I love your colors and your progress there

PraiseJesus ill send you my addy my daughter lovesssssssssss your blanket roflol

charmingly_wicked very nice colors man it is a great blanket there

jeannie1205 i love your pocket book and the colors on the blanket are so cute nice job there

FootballMom oh that is breathtaking very nice job there

Welcome to all the newbies sorry i was gone so long i had a great time and seriously a great shopping trip to several stores lol but i missed yall ill update my pics this afternoon im fixing to add my next points i got a little behind as i tried to teach my mom how to do a dc and a rr lol

Finally digging out from under wips, this is not the ghan I plan to do for this cal, but since it is a rr and it is one of the reasons I haven't started, posting seemed like a good idea. This is for my 2 and 1/2 year old nephew. The colors are rhss bananaberry and rh baby econo in pale or soft yellow I think. The ball I made to go with it because he is all boy, and loves balls, trucks, tractors and motorcycles.

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/mva5493/?action=view&current=DSCN4221.jpg

Finally digging out from under wips, this is not the ghan I plan to do for this cal, but since it is a rr and it is one of the reasons I haven't started, posting seemed like a good idea. This is for my 2 and 1/2 year old nephew. The colors are rhss bananaberry and rh baby econo in pale or soft yellow I think. The ball I made to go with it because he is all boy, and loves balls, trucks, tractors and motorcycles.

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/mva5493/?action=view&current=DSCN4221.jpg

i lvoe the colors very nice and i love the ball

I am thinking of starting this 6 to 24 point. Melissa (afswife) has me a bit nervous about starting it. Anyways. I'm trying to figure out my colors for this. I have some holly and ivy sitting here and I thought this would be pretty as a Christmas afghan. So do you think these colors would work or do you think I need a red in there as well?

colorsforchristmasripple.jpg

I am thinking of starting this 6 to 24 point. Melissa (afswife) has me a bit nervous about starting it. Anyways. I'm trying to figure out my colors for this. I have some holly and ivy sitting here and I thought this would be pretty as a Christmas afghan. So do you think these colors would work or do you think I need a red in there as well?

Oh i love these colors lets get started donna now roflol

217.jpg

I just love how yours looks.

th_HPIM0447.jpg

It's going to be very pretty.

So do you think these colors would work or do you think I need a red in there as well?

A red could be good. Like a deep crimson, not too bright. Can't wait to see how you put it together.

:cheerSewnsew, try a nice burnt red brich colour instead of bright red.

Red is a visual pollutant which means it stands out more then other colours so you need to use less of it.

afswife, I love how your piece is looking. It almost seems a shame that it is not going to be a wall hanging.

The design needs to be seen, not folded up as a, afghan will be. The background colour is so good with the total contrast of the black and white.

Everybody else, You are all doing such a great job with whatever you are making, be it the 6 to 24 or just a good old RR. Keep up the good work.

I think that, one day, RRs will take over the world and we will be responsible for World Peace.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

ty all for your comments aggie it is actually a deep brown though it looks like a black but i was thinking of getting a quilt hanger and doing that for the summer months we will see lol it depends on how big it will be

darski thank you so much thats what i was thinking too it made me want new mexico food roflol

Okay I went ahead with the color scheme I had and this is where I am so far. I'm adding the variegated now. We'll see how it looks after I work on it some this weekend. So far no trouble with the pattern so I'm hoping it will work out okay.

begininngstar.jpg

Okay I went ahead with the color scheme I had and this is where I am so far. I'm adding the variegated now. We'll see how it looks after I work on it some this weekend. So far no trouble with the pattern so I'm hoping it will work out okay.

begininngstar.jpg

oooo very pretty thanks for sharing my bestest bud :)

Okay I have started and frogged my afghan at least 8 times now... getting to about 16 inches each time and going yuck. It starts out fine but between rows 3 and 4 it gets all "lacy." I've fudged with it a few times but haven't quite gotten it. I've tried http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm with and without the corrections and the spiderman pattern and hooks size G - I.

Sigh, see this is what I get from trying to follow a pattern when I usually just wing it.

I have been getting froggy lately too! :lol I am making some progress though and am totally determined to do this! So... I am dragging you with me Girl cuz misery loves company :hug Just remember... You can do it... yes you can! If you can't do it... no one can!

I was forbidden from the puter except the little I did last night... nephew is working on several projects and everyone was in here helping... Heck, we have 2 PC in this room, a laptop, and a PS3. I tried to write darski on the PS3 and got all the way done and then lost it! No keyboard frustrated me so figured I would wait to finish tonight!

Archived