Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

You can count me in on this one too. I started a granny ripple that I am using to teach a class with so heck why not accomplish 2 things at once right?:D

Mine will be a basic granny ripple in 6 different colors. So far I am about 12 stripes into it. I'll post a picture later.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ditto:blush

Originally Posted by darski viewpost.gif

I love to see all these pictures.

Originally Posted by Cotton Candee: We do too darski.... so I can't wait to see some of yours and I don't care how close you are to being done either... besides, I told Ann to look at yours and we just have the 2 pics! :devil

Same for you Judy! No excuses... we haven't seen a pic in awhile now! I am actually glad you and darski have lots of WIPs so it will give me a chance to catch up! :hook

Micky, this is really nice looking. You are doing a fantastic job! :yay

Thanks. It's easy to do with all this encouragement. And with seeing all the wonderful pictures of everyone's progress.

And what with back to school and every day things, I am sure my progress will slow a bit. And because I need to devote some time to the other rr I am doing.

:devil

good evening

I will try to post my original effort tomorrow - but that was 3 froggings ago. either it ruffles or it got shaped like my salad bowl. Im frustrated and a bit discouraged.

But its late and I need sleep

See you all later

Thanks. It's easy to do with all this encouragement. And with seeing all the wonderful pictures of everyone's progress.

And what with back to school and every day things, I am sure my progress will slow a bit. And because I need to devote some time to the other rr I am doing.

:devil

Micky... I also love all the pictures and I am competitive so that I know if someone can do it, then so can I! Then I just keep trying!

Lisa... When frogging, I sing to myself.. to the tune of row row row your boat! :lol

frog, frog, frog your 'ghan, you know what I mean...

pull, pull, pull, pull, endings but a dream... :devil

:cheerI would like to say that I have finished another afghan since yesterday but that would be telling fibs and my mum taught me not to tell fibs.:lol

I knitted a couple of scarves instead.

Just little one ball cross over scarves which I sell on the internet.

th_TradeMe155.jpg There is a tube effect which you thread the opposite end through.

Mum had a sleepy day, today. She had the Podiatrist in this morning so she was a bit tired.

I have sold a couple of afghans on the internet but it can be hard to get the price they are actually worth, as you will all know if you have ever tried.

It is really great seeing how many different ideas come out of that one pattern. I know I have not followed it but I admire the ones who have because it is quite tricky.

A long time ago, I decided that life was too short to mess about with tricky patterns and that was whenm I really started to do my own thing, just looking at pictures.

This way, you get something different and you have fun doing it.

:blushIt was a bit more of a struggle doing the last one because I forgot my own advice and didnt listen to the little voice which was telling me it was getting too wide, too fast.:blush

Got there in the end but it would have been a little easier if I had heeded my own advice.

Keep those pictures rolling in.

have fun.

Colleen:hug

Micky... I also love all the pictures and I am competitive so that I know if someone can do it, then so can I! Then I just keep trying!

Lisa... When frogging, I sing to myself.. to the tune of row row row your boat! :lol

Oh that was wonderful :hug

Thank you. I started it up again and we will see how far I get today.

:flakeIts Winter recess here in NY :wgrin and all of my errands are done:yay

so I will try to sit and crochet:crocheting

:cheerI would like to say that I have finished another afghan since yesterday but that would be telling fibs and my mum taught me not to tell fibs.:lol

I knitted a couple of scarves instead.

Just little one ball cross over scarves which I sell on the internet.

th_TradeMe155.jpg There is a tube effect which you thread the opposite end through.

Mum had a sleepy day, today. She had the Podiatrist in this morning so she was a bit tired.

I have sold a couple of afghans on the internet but it can be hard to get the price they are actually worth, as you will all know if you have ever tried.

It is really great seeing how many different ideas come out of that one pattern. I know I have not followed it but I admire the ones who have because it is quite tricky.

A long time ago, I decided that life was too short to mess about with tricky patterns and that was whenm I really started to do my own thing, just looking at pictures.

This way, you get something different and you have fun doing it.

:blushIt was a bit more of a struggle doing the last one because I forgot my own advice and didnt listen to the little voice which was telling me it was getting too wide, too fast.:blush

Got there in the end but it would have been a little easier if I had heeded my own advice.

Keep those pictures rolling in.

have fun.

I'm always amazed at people who can look and figure out a pattern. I need step by step directions. I'm can usually do a pattern and sometimes figure it out when there's a mistake but to do one from scratch :eek I don't think so. So far I'm following the pattern and it's working out so we will see what happens. Your afghans are amazing Colleen.

It's great having a :cheerwho just keeps coming up with these wonderful little ditties to keep us :lol. Thanks Sue

My first round ripple is half done!! I am sooooo excited. My nephew decided he wants one and my niece added hers to my list too. Works out good for me cause they are on my list for the Christmas crochet a long. Still have to get my picture posted. will try tonight.

wendy

I am going back to doing 1 post for everyone since I do so many at once...

Here is an update... Give input if your name is blank please.

Sue - Cotton Candee

Finished 1st set of points - FINALLY! :blush

Melissa - afswife

MIA (I think Mom put her in the corner for lying)

Kathy - losingmymind2

MIA

darski - darski

doing WIP as well as this CAL, miss the talk, pics, & advise though... :crocheting

Aimee - indigo73

Has begun and will post pics when she is able. :cheer

Lisa - isserlie

I WILL finish what I start...I always do - its just a matter of time and she is on the go again folks! Lisa is charged up has the hook flying... :hook

Andrea - andrea2006

Will post pics once her PC co-operates with her! She is pumped up and ready to "git ur done" :yay

Miranda - Around74

MIA

Judy - judianne

Pulling a darski and doing WIPs as well as this CAL too and hopefully we will hear from them both soon! :crocheting

Jeannie - jeannie1205

Last heard was Jeannie was not feeling well and our prays are with her...:sick

Tena - Tena

Offering wonderful encouragement but I can't find any updates on her rr! ;)

Kelly - KellyA

MIA

Wendy - bearcrafty1

Wendy is 1/2 done and orders for Christmas are pouring in! Wendy is behind in posting some pics however... :clap

Sharon - Boksie

Sharon is within reach of the finish line with her 1st rr and may stick with us to do more... I don't see any pics... but I bet Sharon will share ASAP if able.:photo

Mary - harrism

MIA

Pat - Pat54

Pat is following the pattern and doing fine... hopefully we will see pics soon? :gallery

Ann - GrannyAnnie

Ann has finished her baby rr and is starting on the next! Has posted pics :applause

Valerie - mva5493

Valerie is buried under WIPs and we are hoping comes up for air soon with hook in hand! :hook

Angela - PraiseJesus

MIA

Susan - DoubleTreble

Susan has 18 rounds done per her signature and her pic is just lovely. We are waiting on new pics of her rr and an update! :tup

Micky - charmingly_wicked

Micky is working on the same pattern as I and she is still infront of me by several rows and it is lookin' good... :h5

Colleen - Aggie May

Colleen has finished 2 rr without patterns and is now working on some scarves. She has been an inspiration and posts pics! A double hitter!:nworthy

Christine - 130chris

Froggin' for colors! Likes the pattern but not the colors she picked. Still waiting for an update!:ccompute

Midds - Midds

Midds has just joined us and will give an update when possible! :yes

FootballMom (hopefully soon!)

Great job everyone on posting pics and giving updates! I am also giving updates when I have done nothing so you can to! Just like to know you are still with us... :manyheart

I have figured out we do have 2 types of crocheters in this CAL though... We have the smokin' hooks and the rapid froggers! :devil

Hey there everyone! It's DH's birthday today, so not much :crocheting. I did start on my 2nd baby RR last night and got up to round 14. Still not sure if I'm happy with the colors, but think I'm going to stick with them. I did manage to do an 8" square today and start a scarf! Come on folks, let's see some pics! :cheer

Well started working on the RR on Saturday but haven't touched it since. Was working on a bag for daughter. Oh the shame of it :ohdear....but won't start any other work till I get more done on the RR...here's a pic of what I've done so far

RoundRipple2.jpg

RoundRipple.jpg

Thought I'd throw in this pic of what took me away from the RR...

CrochetBag5.jpg

I am going back to doing 1 post for everyone since I do so many at once...

Here is an update... Give input if your name is blank please.

Sue - Cotton Candee

Finished 1st set of points - FINALLY! :blush

Melissa - afswife

MIA (I think Mom put her in the corner for lying)

Kathy - losingmymind2

MIA

darski - darski

doing WIP as well as this CAL, miss the talk, pics, & advise though... :crocheting

Aimee - indigo73

Has begun and will post pics when she is able. :cheer

Lisa - isserlie

I WILL finish what I start...I always do - its just a matter of time and she is on the go again folks! Lisa is charged up has the hook flying... :hook

Andrea - andrea2006

Will post pics once her PC co-operates with her! She is pumped up and ready to "git ur done" :yay

Miranda - Around74

MIA

Judy - judianne

Pulling a darski and doing WIPs as well as this CAL too and hopefully we will hear from them both soon! :crocheting

Jeannie - jeannie1205

Last heard was Jeannie was not feeling well and our prays are with her...:sick

Tena - Tena

Offering wonderful encouragement but I can't find any updates on her rr! ;)

Kelly - KellyA

MIA

Wendy - bearcrafty1

Wendy is 1/2 done and orders for Christmas are pouring in! Wendy is behind in posting some pics however... :clap

Sharon - Boksie

Sharon is within reach of the finish line with her 1st rr and may stick with us to do more... I don't see any pics... but I bet Sharon will share ASAP if able.:photo

Mary - harrism

MIA

Pat - Pat54

Pat is following the pattern and doing fine... hopefully we will see pics soon? :gallery

Ann - GrannyAnnie

Ann has finished her baby rr and is starting on the next! Has posted pics :applause

Valerie - mva5493

Valerie is buried under WIPs and we are hoping comes up for air soon with hook in hand! :hook

Angela - PraiseJesus

MIA

Susan - DoubleTreble

Susan has 18 rounds done per her signature and her pic is just lovely. We are waiting on new pics of her rr and an update! :tup

Micky - charmingly_wicked

Micky is working on the same pattern as I and she is still infront of me by several rows and it is lookin' good... :h5

Colleen - Aggie May

Colleen has finished 2 rr without patterns and is now working on some scarves. She has been an inspiration and posts pics! A double hitter!:nworthy

Christine - 130chris

Froggin' for colors! Likes the pattern but not the colors she picked. Still waiting for an update!:ccompute

Midds - Midds

Midds has just joined us and will give an update when possible! :yes

FootballMom (hopefully soon!)

Great job everyone on posting pics and giving updates! I am also giving updates when I have done nothing so you can to! Just like to know you are still with us... :manyheart

I have figured out we do have 2 types of crocheters in this CAL though... We have the smokin' hooks and the rapid froggers! :devil

lol yep mom put me in the corner hehehe but took me yarn shopping nanaananananana ill post pics asap we had a blast we hit michaels hancock and hobby lobby :manyheart

hey to all whoi have missed welcoming to the group we are having a blast but i had to take a trip home while the Army thought it was good for them to let us roflol so im here now ill update on pics soon hugsssssssss and i missed yall

:cheerI have not done any crocheting today and I feel fine about that.

Wednesday is my day when I dont go to give mum her lunch, my niece does, so I get to go have coffee with my brother and sister.

I am just waiting for my sister to pick me up to go and give mum her dinner so we dont miss out on seeing her entirely.

It is 7.5kms to the place where she lives now but we are waiting to move her closer to where we live so we dont have to drive so far and use so much petrol each day.

With the price of petrol these days, it has to be taken into consideration.

Mum doesnt mind at all, as long as she is warm, fed and comfortable.

The other place is just 3kms from where I live.

I will still spend as much time with her, just in a different place.

I am just so grateful to get to almost 66 years old and still have my mum. Not many people can say that.

My mum is the best mum in the world so it is a pleasure to give her as much care as she needs from us, for as long as she needs it.

She will be 92 on the 4th of April.

Hope all is going well with the beautiful Ripples.

Have fun.

On 2/8, I said I would jump into this thread after completing a few WIPS. Well I finished one on 2/14 that I should have posted here also since it fits in both places. Instead I put it on the other RR thread. I guess I have "multiple thread disorder." Anyway, here is a copy of what was over on that thread:

"Well here is #6 of my RRs. Youngest son recently transferred to another college, and his old RR was in the wrong colors. The new school's colors are hunter green, black and white. I added the multi-green to make it a little more interesting.

This monster is huge because my son said when he watched TV with the old one, his feet stuck out. It is 55 rows and measures 96 inches from point to point. If you go by Murphy's Law, he will probably say this one is too big. We moms can't win for trying, can we?

DANSripl4.jpg

DANSripl5.jpg

I think after 6 of these, I finally got my act together. I counted FREQUENTLY, always checked the first stitch after the point, and never had to frog it.

For once, my camera shows the colors fairly accurately! I took the picture on a bit of an angle to be able to fit it into the shot, so it may look a little mis-shapen, but it is actually perfectly symmetrical. I guess practice does make perfect!!!"

I am now doing a mini version of the same RR for one of my son's coaches who just had a baby girl. I know, it isn't girl colors, but she will be in the cheering section with the rest of us, and at least she will be in team colors! But doing 2 in a row with the same colors is a little boring, so I went out and got some of the yarn for the Aztec Sun. Won't be doing it as shown in the book though. I am using Banana Berry, Bright Yellow and Turqua. As soon as I figure out the order of the colors, I will get started and keep you guys posted.

I may not post often, but I do read this thread daily and am amazed at all the great work going on. Keep it up!

I love that pocketbook/bag ! Where'd you find that pattern? Is it on line anywhere? It's very cute:yes:yes

I've started a new RR in blues and multi. I'm only 10 rows into it, but so far so good !! YAY for me -:cheer:cheer:cheer I'll post my progress later on.

Footballmom - Those color combinations are gorgeous:cheer

Jeannie - its beautiful:clap

Sue - Thank you for the update, and it keeps me smiling:manyheart

Im on row 7 I think, and so far it isnt ruffling or turning into a salad bowl.

We'll see how far I can get today.

Thank you all for the encouragement and guidance :ghug

On 2/8, I said I would jump into this thread after completing a few WIPS. Well I finished one on 2/14 that I should have posted here also since it fits in both places. Instead I put it on the other RR thread. I guess I have "multiple thread disorder." Anyway, here is a copy of what was over on that thread:

"Well here is #6 of my RRs. Youngest son recently transferred to another college, and his old RR was in the wrong colors. The new school's colors are hunter green, black and white. I added the multi-green to make it a little more interesting.

This monster is huge because my son said when he watched TV with the old one, his feet stuck out. It is 55 rows and measures 96 inches from point to point. If you go by Murphy's Law, he will probably say this one is too big. We moms can't win for trying, can we?

DANSripl4.jpg

DANSripl5.jpg

I think after 6 of these, I finally got my act together. I counted FREQUENTLY, always checked the first stitch after the point, and never had to frog it.

For once, my camera shows the colors fairly accurately! I took the picture on a bit of an angle to be able to fit it into the shot, so it may look a little mis-shapen, but it is actually perfectly symmetrical. I guess practice does make perfect!!!"

I am now doing a mini version of the same RR for one of my son's coaches who just had a baby girl. I know, it isn't girl colors, but she will be in the cheering section with the rest of us, and at least she will be in team colors! But doing 2 in a row with the same colors is a little boring, so I went out and got some of the yarn for the Aztec Sun. Won't be doing it as shown in the book though. I am using Banana Berry, Bright Yellow and Turqua. As soon as I figure out the order of the colors, I will get started and keep you guys posted.

I may not post often, but I do read this thread daily and am amazed at all the great work going on. Keep it up!

I love it! What pattern are you using if I may ask?

I am seriously thinking about digging out the blue camo I have and add it in as fourth color.

Archived