Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

Cotton Candee--I love your green color! May I ask what brand and color it is?

My rr is now on round 20 and my first 10 rounds are slightly puckered. I'm assuming that this will even out as my afghan progresses. Guess I will need to use a smaller hook for the first 10 rounds on the next one.

wendy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cotton Candee--I love your green color! May I ask what brand and color it is?

My rr is now on round 20 and my first 10 rounds are slightly puckered. I'm assuming that this will even out as my afghan progresses. Guess I will need to use a smaller hook for the first 10 rounds on the next one.

wendy

I was told to do the middle tighter than I usually crochet so that may be what you need to do, just use a smaller hook? Next time do what Colleen said earlier and fold it in half to see how it is going. My friend at work just finished a rr and it was real puckered for about 1/3 of the middle. I told her about what Colleen said and she was thrilled with that info too!

The yarn I am using is Red Heart Super Saver 0672 Spring Green and the purple is Amethyst. Next time you go to the LYS look them both up and you will see the Amethyst is nothing like the pics. It looks better in person. The black is a fancy thin type with little sparkles in it.

This was all I was able to get done today... :( Too many kids and headaches.

star+002.jpg

I think this is where I am to put in the extra points... If not then it will be! :lol I just don't understand how the green can look right but the purple comes out looking blue!

It's looking great! The color scheme is working out well.

(I'm getting so much done cause once I got home Friday afternoon, I haven't had to go anywhere else.)

:devil

It's looking great! The color scheme is working out well.

(I'm getting so much done cause once I got home Friday afternoon, I haven't had to go anywhere else.)

Thankx! I am going to do the new points in black then go around them all again... It will be sorta like Colleens what she did with the white.

:cheerCotton Candee,

The simple 6 pointer is the centre of this afghan up until I added the next lot of points.

After much squishing and tugging, I finally got this one to sit properly, without undoing too much of it.

If I do try to write the pattern for this one, I will make it a little differently.

I needed to change the increasing sooner than I did as it was growing a little too fast and I did not heed my own advice and stop as soon as I noticed the frill happening.

Got there finally.

th_100_0863.jpg This is a close up before I added the Eyelash Border.

th_100_0864.jpg This is the finished item with 3 rows of Eyelash Type yarn added as a border.

It is 40 inches across.

Hope you enjoy.

I am not making any more for a while but will keep looking in to see how everyone is progressing.

My yarn is depleted a bit now and I dont really want to buy any at present.

I have tons of Eyelash stuff which I need to knit into scarves so that will keep me busy for a while.

My Daughter-in-law has organised a team for our third time in the Relay For Life which is in early March so I need to sell some stuff to raise funds for that.

Usually try to raise $100 each and I have not even started yet.

Kirsten is a Breast Cancer survivor and so is her mum so it has become a family affair with friends thrown in to make up the numbers.

We are usually all very tired when it finishes but it is well worth it for the fun.

This will probably be my last go as I am getting a bit long in the tooth so I hope the weather is fine so we can get through the whole thing dry.

We have had wet weather both of the last 2 years and as we are in the middle of a drought, some rain will be welcome but just not on the day of the relay.

I have no idea why the print went to blue and I cannot seem to change it so we are stuck with blue.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

I just finished this one last night. It's so much fun to try all of these patterns. This is for my new grandbaby if a boy. Going to start one in pink as soon as I get the yarn. They have a round baby bed, so this will be great!

thumb.jpg*clickable*

:cheer I finished mine last night! :cheerNow I need to go back and look at all the posts to see what everyone's been up to! I also need to pick out some new colors and get started on my 2nd baby rr! Has anyone used Caron SS for a baby blanket? My husband's nephew and his wife really like greens, and I have light sage and dark sage. I was thinking of using those, but I've always been the traditional "baby" color grammy, lol! I know the younger generations like different colors now. Any suggestions? Oh, yeah, here's a pic of my blanket! :hook

100_0185.jpg

Finally got caught up! Everyone's colors are so beautiful! Aggie May you are incredible! I have a hard enough time following a pattern and some of you folks are making up your own! :eek All those points make my head spin! I sure do hope I'm up to the challenge to make one of them some day soon. I think I need to conquer a couple more of these simple ones first though, lol! :crocheting

Some great looking ghans here folks. I love to see all these pictures.

I got another couple of rows done on mine but I have so many WIP's going that this doesn't get as much time as it should. :sigh

Man you guys are moving fast. I am only on rnd 6 rotfl. In defense of myself though I just couldnt figure out how to do 6 points so I made up my own, it puckered and made me made so I did frog it and started over. I took a pic of where I am last night and now cant figure out how to get it put on the cpu. for some reason the camera wont download on here not sure what is wrong other than I got a new printer with a scanner and copier . Hmmmm can you just put the object on the scanner and do it that way>? I still have no idea how to put the other points on.

My yarn is depleted a bit now and I dont really want to buy any at present.

I have tons of Eyelash stuff which I need to knit into scarves so that will keep me busy for a while.

My Daughter-in-law has organised a team for our third time in the Relay For Life which is in early March so I need to sell some stuff to raise funds for that.

Usually try to raise $100 each and I have not even started yet.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Colleen, You could make more than $100 for your afghans! As fast as you crochet you could have many to choose from and different sizes. Have you thought of that?

It is truely beautiful! Hows your Mom doing? Does she like the eyelash yarns? I will miss your comments if you don't pop in often... :hug

I am in the process of a ripple! Its for my niece for Christmas...the colors are kind of dark (black & blue) but its what she wants...check it out on my flickr page!

Very pretty! Would you like to join the CAL? I will post your name if you like in the list. :hook

I just finished this one last night. It's so much fun to try all of these patterns. This is for my new grandbaby if a boy. Going to start one in pink as soon as I get the yarn. They have a round baby bed, so this will be great!

thumb.jpg*clickable*

Joni, that is very pretty! Would you like to join the CAL for the Pink rr? Let me know and I'll ad your name as well!

:cheer I finished mine last night! :cheerNow I need to go back and look at all the posts to see what everyone's been up to! I also need to pick out some new colors and get started on my 2nd baby rr! Has anyone used Caron SS for a baby blanket? My husband's nephew and his wife really like greens, and I have light sage and dark sage. I was thinking of using those, but I've always been the traditional "baby" color grammy, lol! I know the younger generations like different colors now. Any suggestions? Oh, yeah, here's a pic of my blanket! :hook

100_0185.jpg

Very pretty indeed Ann! Look at darski's pics. She is doing hers in green and it is just beautiful... hopefully we will see more pics ASAP! That might inspire you and give you a few ideas.

Aggie May you are so fast! Guess I need to get hot and catch up with you and the others! LOL!

I guess if you are going to get on the ball and so is Micky... I will be left at the gate! :lol I guess I give the slower, less experianced crocheters inspiration! After all this is my 1st afghan! :yes

Another little progress pic. I am really enjoying working on this. I was getting bored with the regular ripple I'm doing. Although, I will have to give it some attention soon.

0218081337.jpg

Look back to my last pic and that is where I STILL am! :lol I am going to put my extra points on tonight, migrain permitting and then see what I can do to catch up! I already want to do another but a regular rr. That should be easy compared to this!

Micky, this is really nice looking. You are doing a fantastic job! :yay

I love to see all these pictures.

We do too darski.... so I can't wait to see some of yours and I don't care how close you are to being done either... besides, I told Ann to look at yours and we just have the 2 pics! :devil

Archived