Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

OOps I hit the wrong button after saying wow lol. I come back from work and had to catch up with all the posts today. Welcome to everyone that is just joining. To all the pics they look great. Anyone lagging behind no worries I still havnt gotten a chance to start and still have no clue how to add the points in lol so I am sure I will need to join the frog club soon. I will try and start tonite but I am really tired so we shall see.

:lol Andrea!!! I saw "wow" and started to reread the last few posts to see what was going on! Then I went to the next one and actually LOL. That was great!

I have no idea how to put the points on either and will have to reread that part a few times and look at darki and Colleen's pics to get the itea in my head straight. Heck, I just saw,,, yea saw my first rr on Friday at work since a friend brought it in to show everyone before shipping it to her Aunt!

Micky wrote: Thank you. You will probably catch up and then pass me. I may be fast out of the gate, but things tend to get in the way of progress as I go along.
I am the opposite, I am slow out of the gate and gradually pick up speed. I just feel that the start to any crocheted project needs to be perfect or the rest will not fall into place correctly later on and mess it all up!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will get pics up tomorrow but I officially sat down and started it. I couldnt grasp the 6 point at all so I came up with my own pattern for it, frogged 4 rows and started again cuz it started to pucker up bad, I think I now have it, I was smart and wrote it down as I went, now to just figure out how to start adding points, I have printed, read, and reread some more things to figure that point out, not sure how that is going to work for me so while I think I am being creative I just may come up with something for the added points as well lol. I shall let you all know what i end up coming up with.

They are all looking really nice. I'm doing mine in purple, green and tan. Not totally sure how that will look just yet. I'll try and post a picture tomorrow if I can figure out how to do it.

Sue: I saw your instructions to Wendy about the pics so I'll give that a try.

Colleen: You definitely do have a smoking hook. I'm on row 9 and you have two done and you made the pattern up :rock . You go girl!

Aimee: I just made junior villager a couple of days ago myself,:woo

I can't wait for villager so I can see what swaps and wish list are all about.

So much for making a lot of baby RRs...

I;m engrossed in getting my SP swap organized but I did pull out some Baby Softee yarn for the blanket. Company today, so no :crocheting

...but I did make baby Great nephew Dean a stuffed football! It was supposes to be a baseball, but morphed. That's what I get for making something by the seat of my pants as it were:blush

DH is impressed:)

Okay,,, I already frogged my first RR. I love my colors, but dont like them in the round. does that make sense?? Maybe I just had my heart set on the other pattern - so Im starting a baby RR. I can work from my stash too - hit 2 CALs at the same time YAY :clap:clap

Got the yarn to finish my MIL's birthday coat (it's turning out super heavy), so will be putting aside neices birthday rr as her birthday isn't til April (MIL's is March 1st :eek). Should be fine, just have to make one more sleeve and the front band and put it all together (the reason I don't do fashion often :P). Will keep on checking in to see the lovely rr's though, whether I make any progress on mine or not.

So much for making a lot of baby RRs...

I;m engrossed in getting my SP swap organized but I did pull out some Baby Softee yarn for the blanket. Company today, so no :crocheting

...but I did make baby Great nephew Dean a stuffed football! It was supposes to be a baseball, but morphed. That's what I get for making something by the seat of my pants as it were:blush

DH is impressed:)

I am also impressed! There are a lot on here who wouldn't even try to make something without a pattern so when it morphed, it was just into a different ball but yet a ball! Wasn't like it grew arms and legs... :devil

I will get pics up tomorrow but I officially sat down and started it. I couldnt grasp the 6 point at all so I came up with my own pattern for it, frogged 4 rows and started again cuz it started to pucker up bad, I think I now have it, I was smart and wrote it down as I went, now to just figure out how to start adding points, I have printed, read, and reread some more things to figure that point out, not sure how that is going to work for me so while I think I am being creative I just may come up with something for the added points as well lol. I shall let you all know what i end up coming up with.

I frog a lot when working without a pattern but I just try to catch it early is all... Did you see what darki wrote on hers? She tells how she did it and there are some good pics too!

Okay,,, I already frogged my first RR. I love my colors, but dont like them in the round. does that make sense?? Maybe I just had my heart set on the other pattern - so Im starting a baby RR. I can work from my stash too - hit 2 CALs at the same time YAY :clap:clap

That is great that you will be able to get your score down on your stash! I do understand how you wouldn't like the colors in a round... maybe you have enough :lol stash to do a different color per round and do a shade to shade one?

Got the yarn to finish my MIL's birthday coat (it's turning out super heavy), so will be putting aside neices birthday rr as her birthday isn't til April (MIL's is March 1st :eek). Should be fine, just have to make one more sleeve and the front band and put it all together (the reason I don't do fashion often :P). Will keep on checking in to see the lovely rr's though, whether I make any progress on mine or not.

I am going slow too and might be getting in a new order for 2 baby sets too. I don't really like doing them so I went kinda pricey! The baby just went down so I am going to finish up here and then try to get some more done...

I found the black, found the blue, now as soon as I can unbury the white Caron Simply Soft I know I have somewhere I will be casting on my son's afghan while we watch Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles for the umpteenth time. Will post pix as soon as I have something worth photographing.

:cheerFirst let me say, I just LOVE the colours everyone else is using.

Much more adventurous than mine.

Secondly, that is not smoke coming off my hook, that is dust.

My pet hate, along with ironing, sweeping, washing, tidying etc is dusting so I have lots of dust with dust on it so that is what you can see.

Here is my next effort which starts off with the Simple 6 Pointer.

th_100_0860.jpgth_100_0861.jpg

I did have a bit of unravelling on this one because I forgot to change from the 6 pointer increasing to the 12 pointer increasing so it was going very frilly. (Listen to my own instructions???)

I am back on track now and by the end of today, sitting with my mum, I should have it finished.

I will probably add a border of Eyelash type yarn to this one, if I have the right mix of colours.

When I added the last lot of new points, I made them smaller than the first lot, so the main points will look longer.

I feel that, by the time you get to 24 points, the whole thing has lost some of its attraction because the ripples are not so pronounced.

I will see by the end of today, if I am right.

My motto is, "I am not always right but I am NEVER wrong."

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Ok here's some more progress pics.

0217080118.jpg

0217081353.jpg

:devil

I am 2 rows and the extra points behind you! I am going like a mad-woman now that I have the peace and quiet... DH took 1/3 of the little darlings to his brothers. I think all but 2 will be left here once SIL grabs 3 of them... I don't know, I lose count. Anyway back to the hook! Oh, GREAT job Micky! It looks real good! I am using the lime green for the dark blue and purple for the med blue and so far black for the white and the light blue.

:cheerFirst let me say, I just LOVE the colours everyone else is using.

Much more adventurous than mine.

Secondly, that is not smoke coming off my hook, that is dust.

My pet hate, along with ironing, sweeping, washing, tidying etc is dusting so I have lots of dust with dust on it so that is what you can see.

Here is my next effort which starts off with the Simple 6 Pointer.

th_100_0860.jpgth_100_0861.jpg

I did have a bit of unravelling on this one because I forgot to change from the 6 pointer increasing to the 12 pointer increasing so it was going very frilly. (Listen to my own instructions???)

I am back on track now and by the end of today, sitting with my mum, I should have it finished.

I will probably add a border of Eyelash type yarn to this one, if I have the right mix of colours.

When I added the last lot of new points, I made them smaller than the first lot, so the main points will look longer.

I feel that, by the time you get to 24 points, the whole thing has lost some of its attraction because the ripples are not so pronounced.

I will see by the end of today, if I am right.

My motto is, "I am not always right but I am NEVER wrong."

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

That dust is your hook being worn down! :devil My, you do work fast... I was also wondering about how the points seem to get dulled the more rows you add to them! I will have to watch that too. I really like your colors and I see how you did the white where it is the new points and the boarder. You did say you were going to do something different with the white new points since you felt they were just "hanging" there and not tied in. I like what you did to bring them in.

I would also like to see a pic of the "simple 6 pointer" up close, if it doesn't trouble you... maybe when you start your next one (tomorrow) you can take it for me? The ones Micky and I have were made with tying off at each point and I don't think they are as pretty as yours... but ours have pointier points so I wonder if that will keep the rest of the points to be a little more pronounced for a longer period of time. :think

Making the 2nd set of new points smaller makes sense too since the 24 points are also smaller... I just looked and you used a different pattern for the middle this one where the points from the beginning star are not as sharp as the 1st star you made... I think you added the blue sooner too?

So, Everyone else in this CAL... Should we see just how many Colleen can get done by the time I finish one???? :lol

I am 2 rows and the extra points behind you! I am going like a mad-woman now that I have the peace and quiet... DH took 1/3 of the little darlings to his brothers. I think all but 2 will be left here once SIL grabs 3 of them... I don't know, I lose count. Anyway back to the hook! Oh, GREAT job Micky! It looks real good! I am using the lime green for the dark blue and purple for the med blue and so far black for the white and the light blue.

Thanks. Can't wait to see yours.

okay I am doing a 12 point rr. I love the pattern that is shown on Aggie May's post. Is this a fre pattern and can someone point me in the right direction. I just love that pattern design. I am gonna try to post pics of my 12 ponit if I can find the camera and get it all uploaded tomorrow. The cable guy is coming to look at and hopefully change my modem. Its being a brat!!! LOL

wendy

Mine is coming along pretty well. I think about 6 more inches to go. I usually make mine about as tall as I am unless it is for a man (and I haven't made one for a man yet) then I will make them about 6 feet across. I figure since I'm about 5'8" that's a good size for most women to cuddle up with on the the couch.:sleep:night

That is great that you will be able to get your score down on your stash! I do understand how you wouldn't like the colors in a round... maybe you have enough :lol stash to do a different color per round and do a shade to shade one?

That's an idea too.. thank you. those 6 to 24 pointers are just awesome!!! you guys are amazing!!! It looks very challenging..so I think i need to stick to a basic round. BUT,,,I must say - I didnt have a problem following my RR - I just didnt care for my color choice. (I used the RR from Sew on Fire) I may just be up for the challenge - I need to keep looking at everyones beautiful work for my inspiration. :cheer:cheer Your color choices are amazing.

okay I am doing a 12 point rr. I love the pattern that is shown on Aggie May's post. Is this a fre pattern and can someone point me in the right direction. I just love that pattern design. I am gonna try to post pics of my 12 ponit if I can find the camera and get it all uploaded tomorrow. The cable guy is coming to look at and hopefully change my modem. Its being a brat!!! LOL

wendy

Wendy, I hope the cable guy fixes it for you because I can totally understand how frustrating it is!

Mine is coming along pretty well. I think about 6 more inches to go. I usually make mine about as tall as I am unless it is for a man (and I haven't made one for a man yet) then I will make them about 6 feet across. I figure since I'm about 5'8" that's a good size for most women to cuddle up with on the the couch.:sleep:night

Sharon... I wish I had only 6" to go! 5'8" huh? I wondered where all my height went! I am 5'1" on tippytoe!

That's an idea too.. thank you. those 6 to 24 pointers are just awesome!!! you guys are amazing!!! It looks very challenging..so I think i need to stick to a basic round. BUT,,,I must say - I didnt have a problem following my RR - I just didnt care for my color choice. (I used the RR from Sew on Fire) I may just be up for the challenge - I need to keep looking at everyones beautiful work for my inspiration. :cheer:cheer Your color choices are amazing.

Heck, If I can do it so can you! I am working slow but I am working... :hook The pattern isn't the challenge for me since I quite using it :yes but rather seeing the stitches with the purple and black yarns! I just hate my eyes going bad on me... :( I think if you have made several rr before then it shouldn't be a huge challenge to do the one we are doing. I have faith in your skills!:hug

Thanks. Can't wait to see yours.

This was all I was able to get done today... :( Too many kids and headaches.

star+002.jpg

I think this is where I am to put in the extra points... If not then it will be! :lol I just don't understand how the green can look right but the purple comes out looking blue!

Archived