Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

I bought the 6 to 24 point star afghan pattern awhile ago and now want to make it. This CAL is for anyone with a rr of any pattern. This is my 1st CAL, my 1st rr, AND my 1st afghan... so if you are new to any of these... come on in since you won't be alone! If you are not new to any of these, then please come on in and help us!

We offically are now started since it is past Friday, Feb 15th of 2008... but anyone is of course welcome to join! If you let me know, I will post your name on the list.

You can see everyone's round ripples together at:

I will change the color of the name list whenever I add a new name!

• Sue - Cotton Candee

• Melissa - afswife

• Kathy - losingmymind2

• darski - darski

• Aimee - indigo73

• Lisa - isserlie

• Andrea - andrea2006

• Miranda - Around74

• Judy - judianne

• Jeannie - jeannie1205

• Tena - Tena

• Kelly - KellyA

• Wendy - bearcrafty1

• Sharon - Boksie

• Mary - harrism

• Pat - Pat54

• Ann - GrannyAnnie

• Valerie - mva5493

• Angela - PraiseJesus

• Susan - DoubleTreble

• Micky - charmingly_wicked

• Colleen - Aggie May

• Christine - 130chris

• Midds - Midds

• FootballMom - WrestlingMom

• Beth - beth eathorne

• Donna - sewnsew

• Wendy - Aussie

• Leslie - LeslieG

• Monica - monicazenburg

• Marnie - marnie413

• LavaHalo - LavaHalo

• Sherilynn - Sherilynn

• AtHBa - AtHBa

• MeMe - MeMe

• Tabby - QueenOfCrochet

• Donna - kittdmc

• sprtsbear - sprtsbear

• mjett37 - mjett37

• Kathy - segi1974

• ladydiva - ladydiva

• Joy - ***Joy***

• stormdrac - Michele

• crazycrochet - JoAnn

• Priszm - Priszm

• Shelby - alwayscrafting

• Cindy - Buttercup1

• Gretchen - Gretchen

• Laura - CraftyLady59

• Cherie - claytonclan

• Lisa - summerysmile

• Heather - fuzzypaint88

• Jenna - LittleGreenStars

• DarnThosePickles - DarnThosePickles

Free Pattern! Thankx Colleen!

Here is Aggie May's pattern for a six point rr and I have added my own points to make it a 6 to 12 to 24 point RR.

Enjoy and just please don't sell the pattern!

Abbreviations:

CH = Chain.

SL ST = Slip Stitch.

DC = Double Crochet. (US)

SP = Space.

bpdc = back post double crochet

fpdc = front post double crochet

To start.

CH4 and join with a SL ST to form a ring.

Row 1:

CH3, (stands and 1DC) 1DC into loop, *CH2, 2DC into loop* repeat * to * 4 times more, CH2, join with a SL ST to the top of the CH3 from the star of the row. (6 CH2 SPs)

Row 2:

SL ST into first DC and into CH2 SP, CH3, 2DC, CH2, 3DC into same SP, *3DC, CH2, 3DC into next CH SP* Repeat * to * 4 times more. (6 Points)

Row 3:

SL ST into next DC, CH3, *1 DC into next DC (3DC, CH2, 3DC) all into next CH SP, 1DC into next 2DC, SK next 2DCs, 1DC into next DC,* Repeat * to * to end of the row, where you end with 1DC into next DC. (There will be 1DC and the starting CH not worked into and this is how it should be.) Join as before.

Every row from now on starts and finishes the same as Row 3 but has the extra DCs worked on the sides of the peaks and valleys.

You ALWAYS work 3DC, CH2, 3DC into every point and ALWAYS SK the same 2 STs on every row. All the others are just a DC into a DC. As long as you take care of these two things, the rest will take care of itself.

Making the extra points ~ Once I get to a place I want to add points, I count down half way from point to valley. All stitches are counted, even those you will skip later. Join yarn in the middle.

row 1 - ch 2 turn, dc every remaining stitch till you get to the 2 stitches you need to skip then finish up the other side so that it is even

row 2 *ch 2, turn, Now dc in every stitch until the 2 you need to skip, then continue up the other side.*

row 3 - 5 repeat rows 1 & 2 till you have 2 dc on each side.(4)

ch 2 sk next 2 dcfp in last dc

sl st join and fasten off.

rejoin anywhere

work row 3 in the original rr pattern until you are ready to add the extra points again.

Work the Making the extra points as before

work row 3 in the original pattern until the desired size.

Row 3:

SL ST into next DC, CH3, *1 DC into next DC (3DC, CH2, 3DC) all into next CH SP, 1DC into next 2DC, SK next 2DCs, 1DC into next DC,* Repeat * to * to end of the row, where you end with 1DC into next DC. (There will be 1DC and the starting CH not worked into and this is how it should be.) Join as before.

Every row from now on starts and finishes the same as Row 3 in the rr pattern but has the extra DCs worked on the sides of the peaks.

To post your afghan picture for this CAL:

:cheer

Go to PhotoBucket

:blush Login at the top right corner with the following

information:

username crochetvilleroundripplecal

password ripple

Make sure on the lefthand side the album picked is RoundRippleCAL ;)

:eek If there are no pictures showing then you are not in the RoundRippleCAL album, so just click on it and you will go there. Look and post your pics there.

Let me know if you have any issues... :yes

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My mum tried this pattern with my help and we got stuck with it. Cant remember what row but it just wouldnt work out, it was like it had mistakes in it.

All the best for those of you that try to make it.

I have heard that the middle star doesn't lay flat and to crochet just it real tight. Why don't you try again and see if we can't fix it then? :hook

I need to make a Spiderman RR for my grandson, so this would be a good chance. Let me find a pattern and the yarn colors and get ready!

Welcome aboard! I saw some spiderman rr's somewhere...

Here you go!

This is the base pattern:

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

and then modify it by

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-qgW50WM2eq_FTtR.HOXoDro-?cq=1&p=74

I would like to try this 6 to 24 point concept.

I'm hoping Aggie May (Coleen) will stop by and give us all a hand with the general workings. I might get her RR pattern to star this one.

:cheerI do have the 6 pointer which increases to 24 but I have not made it.

My expertise is with the basic RR pattern which I simplified so it was easier to understand.

I was sent the other pattern by someone, on another Message Board, who was having trouble getting the centre to sit flat but I cannot remember exactly the outcome of my efforts except that I did not like the fact that you had to break the yarn an awful lot.

Someone else on Crochetville has worked on the pattern and added squares to create the extra points but I am not able to remember who.

Seems like I will not be able to remember my name next. It was some time ago that I saw it but I am sure someone here will know what I am talking about.

There seems to be a Copyright on the pattern so I am now reluctant to pass it on for fear of getting into trouble.

I am sure I have read of others e-mailing Annies Attic to get the pattern re-printed so maybe it woild be best if you wait until that happens.

Hope this is OK.

have fun.

Colleen:hug

On this one, my expertise is in knowing who knows what. I did PM Colleen:hook

And that is what it takes to be the greatest. One who is willing to help and if she can't still goes the extra mile to find someone who can.:cheer

:cheerI do have the 6 pointer which increases to 24 but I have not made it.

My expertise is with the basic RR pattern which I simplified so it was easier to understand.

There seems to be a Copyright on the pattern so I am now reluctant to pass it on for fear of getting into trouble.

I am sure I have read of others e-mailing Annies Attic to get the pattern re-printed so maybe it woild be best if you wait until that happens.

Hope this is OK.

have fun.

Colleen:hug

I also have the pattern but I knew some would probably ask where to get it and that I do not know... I also downloaded it and can't send to anyone due to the copywrite on it. :( I had to print it out bigger for me to read the small print they used. As far as I am concerned, any expertise is good!

:cheerIm IN!!!

I wasnt going to start this until later in the year, but I will go hunt for yarn this weekend and push off the baby blankets for a few weeks.

I have been thinking of colours.

I have a lot of spring green (32oz) (and white of course) that I can use as a start and I have some darker or other greens that will allow me to get past the beginning so I think that I can get started. I am going to begin with a 6-point starter (thanks Colleen) and then I will decide whether to add in squares to get my new points or if I want to try to create the new points in place :think

I can do this... right!... right :? ... right!

I picked mine out already... I am using lime green, bright dark purple, airy eyelash black to jazz it up, and still working on the last one. Probably lavender or pink

I have been thinking of colours.

I have a lot of spring green (32oz) (and white of course) that I can use as a start and I have some darker or other greens that will allow me to get past the beginning so I think that I can get started. I am going to begin with a 6-point starter (thanks Colleen) and then I will decide whether to add in squares to get my new points or if I want to try to create the new points in place :think

I can do this... right!... right :? ... right!

Heck darski, I have NEVER done a full blown afghan before, only baby ones and never a ripple let alone a round one... So if I am going to do this, you certainly will too! :hug

Heck darski, I have NEVER done a full blown afghan before, only baby ones and never a ripple let alone a round one... So if I am going to do this, you certainly will too! :hug

Ooooookay, message received and acknowledged :rofl

I am looking forward to this challenge actually but I am trying to avoid buying yarn.. hurts my stash-busting.

I have been wanting to make one of these I did 5 round ripples for xmas presents. Here is the link to the one I think that was done with squares .

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=691643&postcount=1

computer004.gif I am so glad to have you with us Andrea and thanks for the link! She did a wonderful job and it looks so pretty in pink and black.

I am looking forward to this challenge actually but I am trying to avoid buying yarn.. hurts my stash-busting.

What about doing each row in a different color? Would that help your stash?

Archived