Fan doily made with polyester thread

DEMET

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so impressed with the size 40 thread! I've never gone smaller than 30 and even that -- just for short times. Never used a hook smaller than a 10 although I have a size 16 in my hook stash.

The design has so many beautiful elements. The sideways fans create a very pleasing swirl pattern to the eye. The flowers add to the feel of motion.

I look through the posts, but I didn't see where the design came from. (I amsenile enough to have missed it)

I'm so impressed with the size 40 thread! I've never gone smaller than 30 and even that -- just for short times. Never used a hook smaller than a 10 although I have a size 16 in my hook stash.

The design has so many beautiful elements. The sideways fans create a very pleasing swirl pattern to the eye. The flowers add to the feel of motion.

I look through the posts, but I didn't see where the design came from. (I amsenile enough to have missed it)

Mary Pat, this design is from Decorative crochet magazine, issued 1991, the number of the magazine is wiped somehow by previous owner.

I embelished the doily with flowers.

The fans are made seperately as circle and attached to the rest of the doily (center)

It is not difficult to work smaller size of threads but it is little hard to manage polyester thread. It is runny

Thank you for all the nice words

Demet

Archived