Granny scarf & hat

MimiFL

Here's a hat & scarf set I just finished. I first made the hat from my own pattern, adding some Fun Fur around the edge. I then realized I should add a matching scarf, so I went looking for a pattern. Something not too lacy since I was using a self-striping yarn, but something not too dense either because I had bought the last skein of that dye lot, so I didn't have a whole lot of yarn to make this. I eventually decided a granny type pattern would be ideal. Not finding any pattern I really liked, I decided to make my own. If you like it, you'll find the pattern on my free patterns page.

I made this with Simply Soft Shadows in 'soft merino' (i.e. mostly blue). It was really easy to do and pretty quick, too. It came out to about 50" long by 4" wide. I added a couple of sc rows of Fun Fur at each end, to match the hat.

:wcold

cv_granny_scarf_hat.jpg

cv_granny_scarf.jpg

cv_granny_hat.jpg

Isn't that simply soft shadows yarn great?! It's so soft and the striping is really cool. I made a pair of socks out of the autumn color, and love them. Your set is beautiful and makes me want to run out and buy the blue color as well!! :cheer

Thanks for the patterns I was looking for a nice scarf pattern for some Marble yarn that I got in my knitting/crochet group Christmas exchange. This scarf pattern is perfect! :)

Archived