my first socks!

SPRAT605

Brag away, they are brilliant. I love the yarn, and the socks look fabulous. I have never made a pair of crocheted socks as it is too hot here to wear them. Yours look fantastic.

I love your socks!!! They really came out nicely. Is that the leaflet called 16 Crocheted Socks or something similar? I've been wanting that book. I have another leaflet for sock weight socks called "Stocking Feet" which I'm actually working on now, but I don't like the heels. Your heels look great! I'm used to making socks from worsted weight, but can't seem to get the right heels for toe-up socks. Are those toe-up or cuff down?

• 3 weeks later...
I love your socks!!! They really came out nicely. Is that the leaflet called 16 Crocheted Socks or something similar? I've been wanting that book. I have another leaflet for sock weight socks called "Stocking Feet" which I'm actually working on now, but I don't like the heels. Your heels look great! I'm used to making socks from worsted weight, but can't seem to get the right heels for toe-up socks. Are those toe-up or cuff down?

They were cuff down socks... and yes it is called 16 crocheted socks.

Ust to let your know... I thought since I washed and dried my swatch I had the shrinkage figured out... Well... I washed my socks in cold water and air dried them and I was almost in tears... I could barely get them over my heel! But I finally managed. I will be hand washing all my wool crocheted socks from now on!:manyheart

Thanks everyone for all the lovely comments!

I just love your socks! I bought a crochet socks book over a year ago and although I keep thumbing through it I haven't plucked up the courage to try as yet.

What are you going to wear them with? It seems a pity to cover them up!

Heidi

• 2 weeks later...

Very pretty! I've only ever knit sock 'cause crocheted socks seem to take more yarn (plus knitting on dpns looks much more complex than it is-so I get lots of coments) :devil

Archived