Flower Poncho

crochetrae

Okay, my first attempt to post a photo. I finally finished the thread poncho for my son's girlfriend. It's Rachel's pattern:

I didn't have any problems with the pattern itself, but for some brain-dead reason, I attempted the "attaching the flowers" round about 7 times before I got it right! Too many loops, not enough loops, skipped one, didn't skip one, that kind of thing. The picture looks black, but it's actually lavender and purple.

THANK YOU RACHEL!! I call it a capelet rather than a poncho because of the shorter length. You can actually work in it and your arm movement isn't restricted by the poncho. My "model" is 5'8", so I added 3 rows to the pattern for a little more length.

I put in the hyperlink, but when I preview post, it changes and doesn't take you to the pattern. It's in crochetpatterncentral.com and it's called beauty in bloom.

Flowerponcho.jpg

Susan Rae

I've been loving this pattern for ages. Nice to see someone else make it, even if it does bring out the green in my blue eyes. :lol Someday I hope to feel confident enough in my abilities to give this a try. I'll bet your son's girlfriend was absolutely tickled with it, lucky girl.

Great pattern, and great job making it! :tup

Lene'

Thank you everyone for your very kind words on my first article of clothing!! It makes me want to start another one! I'd love to do pinks, but I don't have a niece or daughter who will wear pink. I might do it anyway and call it rose:D .

Susan Rae

Archived