Notre Dame afghan

crochetchic

Question

Would I make a chart to do this logo on an afghan? I've never done this before. How do you know how big to make the squares on the afghan as compared to the chart. I want it to be big enough to fit a 6foot man. My husband loves Notre Dame and I would love to surprise him.

th_Notre_Dame_Logo-1.jpg

sorry this is my first time using photobucket also:think

6 answers to this question

There's a knitting site that will take photos and create a graph. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the website and apparently I didn't bookmark it. I'm sure someone here will know the name.

All of the above.

Do you know what your gauge is? That will help you figure the size of the graph you need, or how much of a border you'll need around the logo.

Let's say your gauge is 4 sc=1", and you want the afghan to be 48" wide. That's 192 stitches. So, if your logo graph is less than 192 squares wide, you will have to add the difference to each side to center it. If your logo graph is more than 192 squares wide, well, you'll be making a bigger 'ghan! You can also use your gauge and square count to figure how many blank rows to add top and bottom to center your logo.

Good luck!

All of the above.

Do you know what your gauge is? That will help you figure the size of the graph you need, or how much of a border you'll need around the logo.

Let's say your gauge is 4 sc=1", and you want the afghan to be 48" wide. That's 192 stitches. So, if your logo graph is less than 192 squares wide, you will have to add the difference to each side to center it. If your logo graph is more than 192 squares wide, well, you'll be making a bigger 'ghan! You can also use your gauge and square count to figure how many blank rows to add top and bottom to center your logo.

Good luck!

I understand what you are saying here but I always prefer to add "The Border" to get the size I want after completing the graph part if needed.

Archived