$100 Booties $250 Bonnet $85 Socks! $55 Lamb

You can charge anything you like. Whether or not you get it is another thing. I suppose if you know the right people etc. I love to make beautiful baby clothes, sewn, knitted, crocheted & everything beaded but never asked anything close to those prices. I think the most I ever got for a christening layette was $250.00. That was sewn & beaded & included dress (long & full), bonnet, blanket, shoes & sock tops.

I wish! I can't believe the socks are going for $85. These prices are outrageous.

I wonder if it's rich people buying these things?!

Well....we don't know IF anyone is actually buying from her.

I have to agree that the prices are outrageous. On the other hand I've seen doilies priced for less than $5 on Etsy. I can't believe anyone would let a doily go for that price. Talk about having no self-esteem, thinking that your time isn't worth more than that. Those sellers are making it harder for everyone else who is trying to get a fair price for their things.

At least this lady is making fairly priced items seem cheap.....lol.

As in most things, you can charge outrageous prices if the there's some brand name connected to them. How much does it cost to make a sneaker? Put Michael Jordan's name on it and it cost hundreds of dollars, LOL!

especially for a child's item that would be outgrown pdq.

Depends on what it is and what it's for. A lot of people buy spendy newborn things for the memories and heirloom factor.

I buy or make a Christmas dress every year that gets worn a total of 2 or 3 times at most. Some people probably think that's crazy. For me it's worth it.

Yes, you can charge whatever you like...will you necessarily get it? and I also noticed the Copyright © 2005 Fiber Art Heirlooms, Last Modified: 09/06/2006 04:41:12 PM - so do ya think her sales are active? Even using the word "heirloom" the prices are insane - if you're totally ignorant of crafs, perhaps you could be hoodwinked into thinking that $3 socks with about 10 cents worth of crochet thread with 15 minutes of labor should then cost $85, you deserve to be parted with your wallet. I think we all agree its ridiculous, and, I myself could not in good conscience even begin to think of pricing something that way. The booties....probably cost in supplies about $3 bucks, and about 2 hours labor. Even in my real life job, I'm not making her figured out hourly wage. Also, given the fact that plenty of us pay for the supplies, make the items, then give them away....we're a bunch of very very nice, caring, loving people!

Yes, you can charge whatever you like...will you necessarily get it? and I also noticed the Copyright © 2005 Fiber Art Heirlooms, Last Modified: 09/06/2006 04:41:12 PM - so do ya think her sales are active? Even using the word "heirloom" the prices are insane - if you're totally ignorant of crafs, perhaps you could be hoodwinked into thinking that $3 socks with about 10 cents worth of crochet thread with 15 minutes of labor should then cost $85, you deserve to be parted with your wallet. I think we all agree its ridiculous, and, I myself could not in good conscience even begin to think of pricing something that way. The booties....probably cost in supplies about $3 bucks, and about 2 hours labor. Even in my real life job, I'm not making her figured out hourly wage. Also, given the fact that plenty of us pay for the supplies, make the items, then give them away....we're a bunch of very very nice, caring, loving people!

Amen to all that you have said. especially the part about "we're a bunch of very very nice, caring, loving people!"

OMG, those prices are insane! The pieces are beautiful, but no more beautiful than the pieces that are regularly displayed by C'ville members on an every day basis. I wonder how much they sell?

Elle

Archived