How Many Projects Do You Work on At A Time?

How many projects do you work on at a time?  

417 members have voted

1. 1. How many projects do you work on at a time?

• 1-3 I like to finish a project before I start another one
    • 4-8 I have many people to crochet for (and/or myself)
    • 9-12 I can't stop thinking of new things I want to make!
    • 13+ No comment :)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to work on at least 3-4 at a time. That way if I get a little bored with one, I can pick up another. Yes, it does take longer to get things done this way, but I'm keeping my impatient inner child better entertained using this "method." (Plus it's a great excuse for starting new projects!!)

• 5 months later...

Usually I work on but one project at a time and don't care how long it takes to finish, but it WILL be finished before the next project is started. That helps to get over those draining parts I don't like at all, like sewing together ^^

But when I decide to work on very small and tiny amigurumis it can happen that I just need to do something more bulkier between and change to a not so time intensive project. Though that barely happens at all :)

I get crazy with too much going on at the same time. I have one main project going that might take some time and I always have one portable project that I can work on at work, waiting for the doctor, riding in the car etc. That is all I can handle!!!

I always have to many irons in the fire. Right now I'M trying to make amigurumis for mu upcoming craft show, work on my crochet patters, make my granny Christmas gift, and make preemie hats for the hospital I work at.

hmm that can be hard one for me because last weekend I had two projects going on at once and right now I have about the same so this is one tough question for me at least

I'm glad to find out that I'm not the only one that starts a project and then starts more...and then end up working on more then 3 or 4 at a time. At this time I'm working on hats, hand warmers, baby afghan and a lap afghan. And I'm getting more patterns today to try something new like the star (six piont afghan).

I was making the hats and hand warms for my kids for christmas but they seen the hand warmers and now there gone 3 out of the 4 clambed them.

I usually have 1 or 2 going at the same time. It depends on how simple or complicated they are and what I need to get done at the time. But the whole time I'm working on a project I'm thinking of which one to do next and a million other things I would like to make!!:think

I had to really evaluate myself on this one. I usualy have one or 2 main projects going...but when I sat and thought about it, there are several WIPS in the closet that I haven't seen in a good year. 2 or three in my bombay wicker chest, and two or three in my current basket (you know the ones I'm about to pick up and work on for the evening) I think I have lost track:think.

thing is, If I have something I really need to complete, I can sit down and get on it!

:blush I have issues!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm presently working on an afghan, crocheting a rag rug (which really hurts my wrists because my hook has to be so big) , wristlets, another afghan, a preemie hat, and dishcloths in my car, not for my car, they sit and wait for me to have down time in my car, you know, traffic, waiting at school, etc. I love finishing projects, but honestly it's kind of a let down when I do so I like to have several things in process. I also get bored easily so it's nice to change to something different!

Lisa

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I was only crocheting for myself I worked on just a couple projects at a time. Now that I've started crocheting for other people I'm up to 6 projects. I also have a ton of ideas for other projects I want to do but thanks to the Getting it Done CAL I'm focusing on getting my current WIPs done before starting on my next project. I plan on making christmas gifts for my whole family this year which includes 7 siblings (5 mine, 2 DBFS), 8 set of parents (all our parents are remarried), 5 nieces and nephews, and 2 grandparents. All I can hope is that no one gets pregnant because I don't know if I'll have time to squeeze in any more projects.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted 4-8. I always go like gangbusters on 1 project for awhile, then get excited about another and start it too, and another and another and you get the poit. Right now I'm working on :

1. oreos and other foods for niece's play kitchen

2. afghan for hospice

3. baby booties

4. Baby bib

5. crocheted edge on fleece blanket

6. sweet pea shawl

7. A 3SUB so huge I suspect it will be a wip for a long time (i should not have started with a ch100, but once i realized it was so big, I was too far in to frog)

and I have several I'm really wanting to start-figerless gloves for my cousins, a baby layette for my grandbaby to be, and a cardigan for my hubby. I'm telling myself to complete at least one or two before I start anymore!

I voted in the poll a long time ago but never explained my answer. :D It's rare that I'm working on more than one thing at a time. I just like to finish one thing before I start another, otherwise the next thing I know, I'm accomplishing nothing. I've always been that way about everything! The exception is if I'm working on a big afghan, I will sometimes have a smaller project to give my hands a break. If something does come up - like I suddenly need a gift I wasn't planning on - I will drop what I'm doing, power through making that gift, and then get right back to my original project.

I do like to have an embroidery project going too, but since that's a different craft I don't count it. ;)

I have totes, bags, and boxes full of UFO's. I have 2 bags full beside the couch. Just started a hat and have red,white, and blue yarn ready for Tuesday's blitz in another group. I have hats, shawls, prayer cloths, prayer shawls, afghans, baby items, you name it. All waiting for me to finish. I get excited starting a new project then the novelity weras off. 2009 IS the year to finish and quit buying more yarn then my house can hold. (Have 2 rooms full of yarn and other assorted craft stuff.) LOVE to create!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived