How Many Projects Do You Work on At A Time?

How many projects do you work on at a time?  

417 members have voted

1. 1. How many projects do you work on at a time?

• 1-3 I like to finish a project before I start another one
    • 4-8 I have many people to crochet for (and/or myself)
    • 9-12 I can't stop thinking of new things I want to make!
    • 13+ No comment :)

There are stay at home projects too big or too intricate to take with me, on the go projects for the doctors office, etc. Easy projects when I don't want to have to think, or concentrate or read a pattern, harder projects when I want a challenge. Projects with a deadline, projects for 'whenever it gets done' and projects for me, which seem to get pushed to the end of the line a lot, but that's ok, it's not like I really NEED more afghans, or purses. Until I learned how much fun it is to make a felted bag, I carried ONE purse till it fell apart. Work, social, you name it...I owned ONE purse at a time. Now, I actually have purses for different occasions. Even different colors, LOL And shawls...don't have to borrow Mom's extra purse or shawl for super formal occasions.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Christmas I started ordering yarn for the stained glass window afghan (on the cover of the 50 Sensational Afghans book.)...

But had a great idea for the Blue Star Afghan--Use up my stash, and learn how to do different squares in the process. I was doing a square a day...

But joined this Crochetville group and learned about the Warm Up America CAL so started doing squares for them ...

But learned from a neighbor that her sister's baby may be coming early so did a toy and a keepsake bib...

But ran out of thread, so now I guess its time to go back down the "But" ladder.

I usually have 3- 4 big knitting and crochet projects in progress. Besides that there are always A LOT of small projects to place it on my website.

For today I have in work:

1.Irish crochet long sleeve tunic (mohair + acrylic).

2.Irish crochet summer top (cotton thread).

3.Knitted man hat (wool).

4. A vest.

There are still a lot of ideas ahead!:yes

I don't have a single unfinished project, by the way.

I usually have a half dozen projects going.

Something complicated, something portable, something needed, something to gift and something fun. They are usually split between knit and crochet.

• 2 weeks later...

okay...here's my WIPs list...

1 felted crochet bag

1 women's crochet sweater

1 crochet baby sweater

1 crochet baby afghan

1 knitted silk scarf

1 knitted pair of socks (one finished, the other on about 1/4 done!)

1 crochet shawl (the only reason this isn't finished? I ran out of yarn and have to order more online!)

....and several more projects floating around in my head!!!!!!:hook

At least nine.

1. Queen size granny squares blanket

2. socks for DH

3. table runner for a friend's wedding

4. Saraphina "dragon" shawl

5. basket for meds (the cup shelf in the kitchen is NOT supposed to be a medicine cabnet :no)

6. tartan afgan

what were the rest again? :think

I do multiple projects at the same time. *counting in my head*

-I just finished a Floral Bounty Blanket. :flower

-Working on the Mary Maxim Breast Cancer Afghan :pink (I've done 2 passes so far)

-I'm working an afghan out of the Leisure Art book "Afghans inspired by Scripture" (Fields of Wheat...I think that's the name of the pattern) :think

-Making a shawl for my mom from the Lion Brand Prayer Shawl Ministry book (knit & crochet book)

-started a Spiderman Round Ripple on Sat for my lil cousin

- and I'm on a hat thing right now so I've been making hats in those down times when I get cross eyed from doing the same stitches on these different afghan projects.

Tish :o)

http://www.flickr.com/tlcaka

• 3 weeks later...

I tend to have 4 or 5 on the go at a time, mainly because some are squares for blankets and I can make a few different colours of the same square but it's working on 3 or 4 separate pieces :) and then of course there are the other things in between.

Let's see...

WIP's

1 hello kitty I'm crocheting in nylon string (can only work on it once every week to two weeks because of rope burns if I spend too much time on it in one sitting...nylon string is extremely slippery and needs to be held very very tightly if you want uniform stitches)

1 sweater for myself

1 sweater for my daughter

1 crocheted bear and doll for a challenge (made up just working on dressing, faces, adornments

squares for a family afghan

1 new design of a crocheted animal...the species is a secret

and about to start another project because a friend just found out she is expecting so I am waiting to find out if it's a boy or girl before narrowing down the possibilities of what to make.

I guess that is 6 plus LOL

I feel a bit better about having so many irons in the fire at once after reading what everyone else is up to hehe.

T-

I just recently finished a couple of projects, and frogged a couple more, because they were not turning out the way I wanted, had not done very much on them. So I am down to two right now that I work on alternately... both afghans. Am waiting for an order from Mary Maxim. I had ordered a kit a few months ago, and had to return it because it wasn't what I thought... so I had a credit coming, and decided to order just some sport yarn. I think I will make a sweater from that. But I made myself a promise that I wouldn't start any more projects until I finish a couple more. That Homespun afghan that has given me so much grief, I consigned to the UFO bin... I won't finish that till next winter.

I finally realized that if I have too many wips, none of them will ever see completion... not in my lifetime.

Enough that it drives my hubby crazy. Not to mention that my Grandma is always pawning baby yarn off on me (think she's trying to give me a hint or something?).

Let's see...finishing one shawl to see how I like the pattern, 3 more after that. Just completed a wrap shawl with Moda Dea Cheri in orange. It looks like a sunrise. Made a drawstring bag for a little girl last night. Making squares for an afghan, off and on when I feel like it. Working on another afghan that I keep beside the bed. Hubby watches sports or sci-fi and I crochet. I have another shawl that I put aside. The yarn was driving me nuts. Started making a shawl for me out of Noro silk garden this morning. If you haven't noticed, I love shawls. :yay My travel project is a market/tote bag from cotton. I have several other UFO's lying around that I'll get to, someday.

Way too many, (lol)

2 baby sets

2 baby afghans

tunisian stitch bedspread

dress potholders

kitchen towel toppers

plastic canvas wall hangings

+ all the projects on my to do list

I have 5 projects going right now & planning to start another one at the end of the week - hopefully when one of them is close to finishing. My daughter told me I needed therapy :)

One is a knit project & since I'm just learning I didn't really want to count it - but DD made me. The other four are in various stages. One is a monster tablecloth in thread for a wedding gift in July - one is a wrap for my oldest DD that I can't seem to work up the time to finish (probably would only need a day) - one is a 15" doll dress that I started Saturday & can't seem to put down (2/3 complete) - and the last one is a doily for MIL for Mother's Day.

Is that enough?

I honestly don't know how many projects I have started. They are in bags and containers all around my room and I should really finish them. One is a blanket that I started almost 2 years ago just after I started crocheting.

I only keep two on the go now. I discovered a scarf I was making from ten years ago! After that I finished up all my projects. Now I keep one big project on the go and one little one. That way I'm completing something new at least once a week but still working on my monster project! :D

Sore

Archived