How Many Projects Do You Work on At A Time?

How many projects do you work on at a time?  

417 members have voted

1. 1. How many projects do you work on at a time?

• 1-3 I like to finish a project before I start another one
    • 4-8 I have many people to crochet for (and/or myself)
    • 9-12 I can't stop thinking of new things I want to make!
    • 13+ No comment :)

Ok, so I feel like I am starting projects like crazy lately...I work on each one a little at a time but so far, I counted 9 different projects that I am working on :) Both long projects and short projects. I think I am going crochet crazy!!!

So, how many projects do you work on at a time?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now I'm working on 2 afghans, a couple of scarves, and a hat. My take-along project is dishrags, etc. where I can use cotton. So i have between 4 and 8 projects going!

:hookI usually have at least a couple of projects going at one time. Most of the time I have something in crocheting & something in plastic canvas (alot of that to relieve the stress on my hands & wrist, puts a different action there) Also if I'm working on something big like an afghan I like to have a smaller project going too, keeps me motivated:clap

I always have at least a couple long term projects at all times. Right now I have a shrug and a shawl. I've only been thinking this over for 1 day, but I think I'm going to add another long term project ~ a long bathrobe made with Jiffy.

I just finished a bag for a friend and I'm about to start a new mid to large size one for my sister. I also just finished a pair of socks ~ slipper socks because I made them out of worsted weight. My sister and I have the same size feet, so I gave them to her for her birthday. I want to start another pair right away because I love them.

Setting on my hutch is another pair of worsted weight slippers in a different style, partially made. Also a pair of garden trolls I am designing, partially made.

At my sister's house, I keep a minimum of 1 project, but sometimes more. We get together at her place a couple times a week for dinner, coffee, and crochet. Right now I am making her some small bags for her electronic soduko game, camera and cell phone. I told her to check around and see if there's anything else small that needs "bagging" while I'm in the mood.

Then there's the constant stream of gifts. I do them on and off in between my own projects.

I am a projectaholic. I was tidying up today and here is what I found:

The bottom of a bikini for my sons gf - I now have to make the top.

2 afghans from the 100 squares book.

A black book bag for my daughter.

A possum that still needs some legs.

Several pattern designs, pugs, rats, turtles, beach family

Experimental favours for my nieces wedding in September.

A scarf for my son

and several baby hats, and booties. The big challenge is hiding all of this from the hub!

I am reasured to see I am not alone.

I have to say it's too many! Now that I'm knitting, I like to have at least one take-along knit and another crochet project. I usually have a few going at home that don't travel (large items or complex ones). 2007 was the year to learn to knit; 2008 is going to be the year of finishing all those UFOs and WIPs!!!

too many...I get excited when I am close to completing some things that when they are just about complete, I'm satisfied and figure I can go back and put on the finishing touches...or get distracted by someone else's "want", like hats for my daughter and her friends, scarves for others, etc. I have a ridiculous amount of UFOs that are just waiting for a border or a snap. Generally I have 2 or 3 active projects at a time...some are portable so I can take them around with me, while ya have to have that one "stay at home" project that is too large. I think it is totally normal!!! :)

I have 3 projects going right now. Lapghan, 2 scarves. i might start another one today. I have too many I get confused :think

I have found out that you actually can be more productive if you work in more than one project at a time. You just have to be disciplined enough to finish all of them.

I have 3:

1) My stay-at-home cardigan I'm working on. Too complex to take it along.

2) My travelling motif afghan. I make the motifs while flying here and there. I will work on it going to Paris next week and in October I will do more motifs while flying to China.

3) My at-work-I'm-addicted-to-crocheting item. I finally learned to keep a cone of cotton worsted and an H hook to make spur of the moment hot pads.

I usually have 3 projects going on. One project to carry back and forth to work for my lunch hour, one big project at home that's too big to carry, and some other small project for at home when I need a break from the big project.

Right now, though, I have three baby afghans on my hook, a hot pad from another online crochet group and I have put aside the cotton yarn I need for a swap here at the 'Ville. So I'm kind of up to my ears in projects right now.

I usually have 3 projects going at once: one single color project that goes from room to room, or house to car to wherever; a complex project (stitches or many color changes)to keep the braincells active, and the third is usually being made for a specific reason (charity, gifting, commission/request).

Right now, I have 2 afghans, (ripple and a granny square,) a sweater/jacket, a couple of tops made with thread, and I started another afghan a while back that I just set aside and haven't gone back to in a while. AND I kinda/sort started a couple other things, not realy happy with how they're coming out, so I put them away and trying to decide if I want to finish them or do something else with them.

I cannot work on just one project... I get too bored with the same thing, so I have to have a few... okay, several... things going, and different kinds of yarn. BUT if I get close to finishing one project, I get antsy and work on that until it is done... just to get it out of my way and off my mind. I finished three afghans in one month recently, that I had started maybe two or more years ago... in various stages of completion... just decided that I better get them done or else. I sent one to my stepdaughter and kept the other for one d.i.l. and the other for myself. Now trying to finish the others for the other 2 d.i.l.'s for Christmas this year.

It seems like more than I know what to do with. When I started crocheting again about 2 years ago, I was working on one project at a time, but as I sit here with my bag beside me I can see 4 projects that are at different stages of completion. 1 birthday, 1 anniversary, 1 new baby, and 1 for the new baby's brother (he wanted one since he saw the one I made for his cousin). Works in mind: 1 rug, 1 baby blanket, 2 adult size blankets, 1 bunting.......so when these projects are finished there will be several more to take their place.:eek Oh well my stash needs attention anyway.lol

I notice that I tend to have as many WIPs around the house as I do books in the process of being read .... but at least I haven't fallen so far into WIP-Madness that I have one in the bathroom like I do some of the books I'm still reading!!!!!!!!!!

I try and keep it to 3 or 4,

I have the Snowfields tabletopper in thread (almost done, working on the points)

Also the Roses square tabletopper in thread ( about 1/2 done)

A blue/white afghan for the chemo center (about 1/2 done)

a beige/vargetated ripple ( do this one when we travel, 1/4 done)

I am anxious to start a DOILY!!! I have some size 10 white with pearl iridesent thread in it and want to make a snowflake doily...

I always have a dishcloth going. It's an easy take-anywhere project.

The baby afghan that i've been working on for a loong time, i've gotten burnt out on, so it's on vacation.

I think i have 4 projects going right now.

I have 3 going right now. Soft waves ripple afghan, 1 RR and because my mother started had me help her start a thermal baby blanket yesterday...couldn't resist starting one for myself. Her and my sister think I'm crazy for having so many things going at the same time but I kinda like it. You have something different to work on depending on the mood your in! My soft waves ripple is getting to big to travel so I have my thermal with me at work today!

I normally have 2 projects going, but occasionally a 3rd one jumps on my hook. Any more than that and there is a good chance something isn't going to get done. I need a certain momentum to keep myself going on a piece. Especially if it's a larger piece.

I agree with Knit Happens - I get 85% to 99% done and then I don't finish the WIP. Right now I have two purses waiting to be lined, three small misc. projects waiting to get buttons sewn, one blanket that needs a border and another blanket with just the ends to weave in. So I would call them all 'WIPS', but there is very little to be done to finish them. I did finally get the border on my Half Moon Shawl, so I am trying to get better about those finishing touches.

I will start on an afghan, get bored with that one, start another afghan, get bored with that one, start on another one, get bored with that one, start on another on, etc, etc, etc!! :lol Except for the round ripples, having toooo much fun with those!!(thanx to Aggie Mae) But I do finish them all!! And then I come here to the 'Ville, see all these wonderful patterns, download them, start on them, see some more patterns, download them, start on those and the whole process starts all over again!! I guess you can say I am a "multi-multi tasker"!! :think

Archived