Fish For Brendan

diamond

GREAT FISH!!! :lol What a great idea! Did you have a pattern or did you make it up.

For the most part, I used a pattern from an Annies Attic Book called Hooked On Fish If you look at the picture of the fish, they all have these long fancy tails. I thought they were kind of 'girlie' and didn't think a little boy would like a 'girlie' fish, so I improvised and winged the tail & dorsel fin. The eyes also were winged, the pattern called for using plastic rings or wiggle eyes, I simply crocheted the eyes. The fish measures almost 16 inches in length and around. He'll make a great pillow. What's really great about the pattern, the body is done in shell stitches, which give the appearance of fish scales.

The yarn is Red Heart Super Saver and I believe the color is Ocean. I lost the original sleeve that was on it. Took about half a skein to make the fish.

looks great Diamond!!

how did you end up stuffing it ?

Knee-hi stocking stuffed with fiberfill. I had to use a dark knee-hi tho. The white & off-white were standing out too much. And I couldn't find any other color that blended well enough. So I used a navy color. Thanx for the idea!

Archived