help-everything turning out slanted

i'mhooked

Question

Hi! I hope somebody can help me figure out why everything I crochet is turning out slanted. I am making the 63 square afghan from Leisure Arts and ever since I started this newest skein of yearn all the squares are coming out slanted. Am I doing something wrong?

THanks in advance for all your help!

4 answers to this question

I think the reason your square is slanted is because your missing a corner.

Do you have four corners of say 3dc, ch2, 3dc in each corner, or whatever pattern your using, if not that would make your squares slant.

Just an idea of what it could be, if that's not the problem then like Suzy said please post more information so someone can help you.

It most often comes down to that first stitch and that last stitch. When working textured squares and turning for each row it can be challenging to keep yourself oriented to what stitch is to be worked.

How slanted is it? Just the act of working around causes a little bit of distortion. If you can tug it back into square, that's normal. If it's more than that, you could be working into the wrong place at the end of a round, or almost anything. A picture sure would help.

Archived