darski

My Half Luna shawl from gift yarn

Need Sleep was so wonderful as to send me this yummy yarn and I spent months trying to find the right pattern for it. I finally decided to go with the Half Moon shawl pattern but I made a mistake somewhere (hence the name change :wlol ) so I just decided to keep going wherever the spirit led me. I really like this pattern but I made so many mistakes that I can't offer to share it. :blush

The yarn is Cervinia Londra and I used a 9.mm hook to keep it light and lacy. This is so warm. I hated taking it off to get the picture.

halfluna1.jpg

The drape of it>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> and the closure flower I made

halfluna2.jpghalfluna3.jpg

The great bonus is that I finished up 3 skeins of yarn this week when I decided to make that big push to git 'er done. :crocheting

Darski, that is really pretty! It looks lacy and warm. Love that color too! Thanks for sharing your creation!

Darski, I love your 'mistake'. It is gorgeous!!!!

very pretty...Some of the best things in history came from mistakes. :)

Very pretty!! I'm sure you'll get many, many years of enjoyment out of it... and think of a great person who gifted you such lovely yarn each time.

Your shawl is gorgeous! If you made a mistake, it sure doesn't show. I just know that I love it and the pattern is beautiful!

Thank you all. I do like my shawl and I now feel better about my challenges (aka mistakes) in making it. :wlol

Oh it's truly gorgeous. I'm glad you enjoyed your gift yarn, your friend will be pleased to see what you've done with it. :)

Hi Darski,

Your shawl came out fantastic...a treasure. I love the Half Moon pattern, I made one in green with the border a lighter green and I love it...

It takes a while, but it would make great gifts cuz no sizing involved.:cheer

Well whatever mistakes you may have made, it sure doesn't look like a mistake! It's absolutely gorgeous! The yarn color is beautiful too...one of my favorite shades of blue!

I love it! You did a wonderful job....... I love "mistakes", sometimes they can lead to really wonderful things :-) your shawl is one of those things!

Soooooo pretty, nice work, I love the color!

I love the halfmoon in drapy yarn! That's how I did mine too. It looks great. :hook Love the name too. ;)

Its gorgeous, girl! I love the colors. Boy have I missed talk to you too!

I knew you would find the perfect use for the yarn! :) It's beautiful!! I'm so glad to see it worked up into something gorgeous by such a wonderful person.

You are always so incredibly helpful and kind. I've learned so much from all your posts here.

Thanks again.