My Half Luna shawl from gift yarn

darski

Need Sleep was so wonderful as to send me this yummy yarn and I spent months trying to find the right pattern for it. I finally decided to go with the Half Moon shawl pattern but I made a mistake somewhere (hence the name change :wlol ) so I just decided to keep going wherever the spirit led me. I really like this pattern but I made so many mistakes that I can't offer to share it. :blush

The yarn is Cervinia Londra and I used a 9.mm hook to keep it light and lacy. This is so warm. I hated taking it off to get the picture.

halfluna1.jpg

The drape of it>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> and the closure flower I made

halfluna2.jpghalfluna3.jpg

The great bonus is that I finished up 3 skeins of yarn this week when I decided to make that big push to git 'er done. :crocheting

Your shawl is gorgeous! If you made a mistake, it sure doesn't show. I just know that I love it and the pattern is beautiful!

Hi Darski,

Your shawl came out fantastic...a treasure. I love the Half Moon pattern, I made one in green with the border a lighter green and I love it...

It takes a while, but it would make great gifts cuz no sizing involved.:cheer

I love it! You did a wonderful job....... I love "mistakes", sometimes they can lead to really wonderful things :-) your shawl is one of those things!

I knew you would find the perfect use for the yarn! :) It's beautiful!! I'm so glad to see it worked up into something gorgeous by such a wonderful person.

You are always so incredibly helpful and kind. I've learned so much from all your posts here.

Thanks again.

Archived