Ribbed Scarves

Mermaiden

I have a couple of scarves to show off. My pics of them aren't very great, but I was just so impressed with this pattern that I wanted to share it! It's so very simple to make -- worked in DC's -- but creates a wonderful ridged pattern! I hadn't really seen one in crochet like this before. Great for men's scarves, too.

Link to the Pattern is on her blog, links to the PDF download

or straight off of Ravelry

I made one for a family member for Christmas.

My dad was so envious of it that I had to make one for him, too! I was so excited, LOL. Just in time for his birthday last week, too...

th_scarf.jpg 2776387580026294795biMqkr_th.jpg

(click to enlarge)

2028688320026294795WPIoYt_th.jpg

See? he was already trying to steal it. That's their hats I made them too, hehe. (pattern)

And yes. That is the traditional Roll Tide crimson red and white you see there. They are diehard Alabama football fans, thus it had to be done in such shades, lol. Actually, I think I would have liked the hats much better if I had gone with a different yarn selection (maybe a varigated, or double-stranding the same color and not 2 different like I did, but I didn't want a solid red hat AND scarf. Oh well.)

Also, this was a nice pattern to do because I learned a new technique. The Double Base Chain. It's really easy once you see how to do it. I really like using it! Seems more sturdy than the single chain.

Archived