Okay, now I'm just showing off....

dubbee

Humbly, of course. :DIt's really taken a bit of courage to post these. I really am trying to sell them. Slow going, that's why I asked for feedback. I think maybe my pics are kinda stinky.:think I know you guys will be honest with me. Thanks so much.

th_GoldMedallion.jpg th_Onyx.jpg th_CCBuckles.jpg

th_BeadsonBrown.jpg th_PGSideview.jpg th_WoodBeadNecklace.jpg th_GBC1.jpg th_GBCback.jpg

I like the first 2 necklaces, the purse (love it) and the first bracelet (with the off white and amber beads). Those are my favorites personally. The rest look good though. I think the purse would be real easy to sell, looks very professionally done. The second necklace with the smaller pendant might be easier to sell as it may appeal to more people (I'm not a big fan of large pendants but some are nice and yours is).

The chocker looks good but I personally can't wear them so I don't know much about them...

Debbi

I really like your stuff. The colors, buckles, and pendants are just fabulous. I like the shapes and details that you put in. I am sure that everthing will sell well.

Are you trying to sell in person or online? If you are looking to sell online I think some better pictures would really show off the great stuff you've made. You pictures do show the items well, which is great, but I suspect they look even better in person. If you are selling online I would look at etsy for examples of how to take pictures of jewery.

I've made similar chokers from #10 thread and love how soft they are to wear. When I tried to sell them, it was hard to display them. I did wear one, which I was hoping would help. I think that next time I will cut a piece of posterboard wide enough to hold the choker flat and then cover it with plastic to make a nice display. It is how I displayed my bookmarks and I think that it helped. Also I would block the work as best you can, to make it look very professional.

Good Luck I hope that you are successful!

I really like your work. It's all very neat and different, as in unique and really cool.

You are right though, you pictures could use a little help.

They're great for showing off here, but not so great as "marketing". Actually, the first two are really good for marketing, the only suggestion I might make is to use a dummy instead of a human, but that's minor. Maybe it's just the sizing of the picture, but I'm having a hard time seeing the details. Also, the third one doesn't look "neat", IMHO. They don't all quite fit in the frame of the picture nicely and there's something distracting in the lower right corner. I do like that you put them on a plain background though. Again, with the purse shot, its'a great "see what I did" picture, but since some of the corners and edges aren't in the frame and the door or table is pretty dark, it's hard to see all the deatil (I really like the purse though and I'm not a purse person...).

Anyhow, just a few random thoughts from me. Take them or leave them. Actually, what I really suggest is to look at your favorite catolouges and see how they present items and try and copy that style. Think about what in a product picture makes you want to buy something....

Keep up the great stitching!

I do think all of it would sell if you can reach the right market. Congratulations on such lovely work!

Personally I most like the 1st and 3rd choker, the green beaded bracelet, and the bag. (I love the pendant on the 2nd choker but not the choker itself)

All the pendants & buckles are gorgeous, you've got lovely taste and it's artistic.

I think I might prefer the belts if the crochet part was more intricate rather than plain.

Good luck with your selling, I do hope you succeed :)

Invaluable! The word that best describes your words of encouragement and ideas to make all better. I LOVE to create it and then crochet it. Therefore I'm pretty sensitive about what others think. But I do want to make a sincere go of this so I truly appreciate you all's comments. Thanks for your time.

Back to the photo-taking board! I know that when I see photos that aren't very good, I don't give a lot of effort to looking at anthing else. I would assume that many others feel the same way. So I need to make a BETTER concerted effort to improve my pics.

Thanks!

I love the purse, but the picture is not close up enough to see the detail, same with the belts. I am not a big fan of crochet jewelry, but I think I would prefer to see it against a contrasting background instead of being worn.

Archived