Bernat '4' afghan yarn

Carol

I just saw Bernat '4' Afghans yarn at Michael's the other day, for $1.99/skein (ww, acrylic, 3.5 oz, 195 yards -- 25 more yards than Vanna yarn and less pricey). I may have my head in the sand, but I'd never seen it before. It was softer than Vanna and had some nice colors. I was shopping for some yarn for a blanket that has to be washable...Anyone here have experience with this yarn? Thx, everybody.

Our Michaels just started carrying that yarn too. I got a bunch at the 30% off at the beginning of the year. I've just about finished an afghan with it and I love it. It was very easy to work with, soft, but seems like it will hold up well. I also bought some Vanna's at the same time, I must say I prefer the Bernat.

Interesting I'm going to have to look for this at my micheals, I just bought a bunch of the Vanna's choice (when it was on sale for $2) and I kinda like it, but I've always leaned toward using bernat so I'm going to have to try this for sure.

I made a ripple afghan for my daughter using that yarn. I enjoyed using it and will probably buy it again for a future project.

th_100_5251.jpg

th_100_7104_edited.jpg

My Michael's just started carrying it, and I'm knitting a sweater with it. I love it!!!!! :manyheart It is so soft, but not the slippery kind of soft like SS or RH Soft. I like those, too, but I wanted something that felt like it had more body to knit a sweater, since my SS wrap is very drapey after it was washed - great for a wrap, but I'd rather my sweater not hang that much. Anywho, it's great. Even survived my dog. I haven't washed it yet (considering my sweater is only half a sleeve and it's still on the needles), but so far it's my absolute favorite yarn ever!

I tend to like Bernat yarns better than Lion Brand (who makes Vanna's...) I'm also not that fond of the colors for Vanna's yarn. :shrug Just my opinion. I haven't tried the Barela, but I've been very happy with all the other Bernat yarns I've ever used.

Thx, everybody, for the comments, and Poochie, thx for the pix! It's good to hear those who used it liked it, so I'll go back to Michael's this weekend and get some. It seemed very soft, and I liked the colors, but this blanket is going to see a lot of abuse and washing, so I wanted to be sure it would hold up.

Thx, everybody!

Archived