What are these??

cupcake

Question

This is a design I have been muddling in my head for a while. It is another scrapbuster project. I watched a late movie last night and finally got it into yarn.

Now when I showed my sons, they said they looked like something totally not what they were meant to be.

So I am interested in opinions on what have I tried to put on the beanie?

IMG_0106c

I may have to muddle this one over a bit longer.

Thanks for looking!

• Answers 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see sailboats, but I guess the only thing I would comment on is that it might be more recognizable if there was open space between the boat and the sails. This way, they are defined as separate and distinct parts, because if you look at the boats, you can usually see the sky/sea between the boat and sails. Just a thought. :)

ok so my first thought was sailboats. then i kept looking trying to see what else the boys might see - and i thought maybe a dish of ice cream - not a cone, not pointy or long enough -

so the suspense is killing us - what to fill us in -- but you are probably still sleeping have to wait til tomorrow.

Good Morning!

Thanks for all the responses. They were meant to be sail boasts on the ocean with a nice clear sky and the sun above.

Sons thought 1) Upside down icecream, 2) Icecream in a bowl ( soft serve type).

I will make another one with some minor mods.

I went to the beach the other day and there were so many boats out on Australia Day. I have been thinking about boats for ages and then it crystalised on the weekend when I saw the sails at the Mirana Mirage.

img0054np9.th.jpg

d67e2c53c262b23e695b5c220929f1.th.jpg

thank you so much for all the nice comments.

Archived