Scarfs & hats

LondonLaura

These are a couple I made recently. I just wish I had the knack for taking good photos and bringing things to life the way some of you do!

This is a knitted hat & scarf, with a really nice 50% wool & 50% acrylic mix yarn. The yarn changes colour along it's length, plus I used different colour ranges i.e. I switched balls of yarn throughout, to get this effect.

th_shortrowscfhat.jpg

th_shortrowscarf.jpg

This is the same yarn used to make a One Skein Scarf. It looks really good wrapped round and round, I couldn't get it to show in the photo.

th_oneskein.jpg

I had fun making them, hope you like looking. :hook

Wow!! Everything came out so nice!! I really like your knitted scarf, but then I also really like your one skein scarf too. The colors are really neat!! :)

They are all very nice but I love the second one too, did that yarn make that design by itself, and if so can I ask what yarn you used?

The yarn is from Italy, by Adriafil, it's "Spillo" yarn. Knits on 7mm needles to 13sts by 18 rows. (No crochet tension given.) So it's a chunky yarn. Each ball has 2 colours, e.g. green for a while, then beige for a while.

Do you mean the "second one" as in the second photo? Which was knitted.

The design on the scarf is partly from the yarn and partly the knitted pattern.

1) It's knitted in triangles, which are woven into each other as you go so that you end up with a straight edge (scarf shape). The direction of the knitted stitches becomes alternately horizontal and vertical from one triangle to another which gives a pretty effect.

2) The yarn itself has a couple of colours in each ball.

3) I changed yarn about 6 times to get the range of colours shown.

Or do you mean the second style scarf which is the 3rd photo? sorry, but I wasn't sure.

The 2nd style (3rd photo) is from S'nB One Skein Scarf, I followed the pattern, using about 6 different balls of yarn to get the colour range again.

It's not as confusing as it's sounds, it's just really hard to put in words. Sorry. If you have any other questions please ask, but I've probably put you off for life now! :think

Archived