a little bit obsessed with flapper hats

Queen Moirae

It all started this weekend when my boyfriend went paintballing with some coworkers. I went with him and after making one hat - I'm an addict! I've always loved flapper hats and crocheted hats, but after (finally) designing some of my own flower patterns I'm completely obsessed with making them!

Here are some examples of the hats I've made so far this week:

purple flapper hat with pink roses - as you can see this hat, which I made from a vintage pattern resulted in a very visible seam even though it was worked in the round - so annoying!

2228458853_cc3d28b154.jpg?v=0

I was really happy with the way the roses turned out so here's a close up of them:

2228461389_e40ff0d3ea.jpg?v=0

a flapper hat with a huge red carnation:

2229250290_9bd2f3bc28.jpg?v=0

and one made from yarncat's patterns (which I adore by the way) with a yellow crysanthemem:

2229251288_220fc080f5.jpg?v=0

These are so fun to make (and fast too) it only takes me about two hours to make the flower, the hat, and to piece them together! They're even more fun to wear!

I hope you ladies like them :)

Your hats are great. i love making them also..

purple flapper hat with pink roses - as you can see this hat, which I made from a vintage pattern resulted in a very visible seam even though it was worked in the round - so annoying!

Are you joining with slip stitch at the end of each round? I no longer do that. I just keep track of which row I am on with a stitch marker and just go round and round. Then, when i get to the part where you no longer increase, I leave the marker at the last increase row. That way I can easily count how many rows I have completed.

Joan

Thank you so much everyone! You guys are always so sweet!

Thanks also to JCB! That was exactly what I was doing and I switched to the method you are suggesting for the second hat (white with red carnation) and the seam dissapeared- but the hat was no longer big enough to fit over my head - so I had to rip it out and try again. Drat patterns! Still tweaking this one a bit!

Thanks so much for sharing your addiction to flapper hats! I'm sure I've already caught the bug . . . this is definitely at the top of my "to do" list now! These hats are just cute as a button! I gotta try it too . . .:yes

Archived