"Woven" Scarf!

Addey

Well, those who know me, know that I don't do fringe. I don't like it, it gets messy and it's annoying to make.

Well, I had to break my fringe rule, because this scarf was too cool. I think I saw one posted here and that's how I found the pattern, I'm not sure. This has actually been done for a few weeks, but I kept forgetting to take pictures. It used up the last of the thick 'n' quick chinele (sp?) from the hat I made last year that matches my winter jacket.

Well, here's the pics:

2222492705_6201e09cbd.jpg?v=02223284604_ce40218c3d.jpg?v=0

I'll have to look up the pattern, but essentially, all you do is chain as long as you want the scarf (I like mine short as I don't wrap it around my neck, but shove it down my jacket) and then create rows of DC mesh (i.e. dc, ch2, skip 2, dc) across. I made mine 4 rows, because I was running out of gray, but the pattern called for 5. I also used a bigger hook because the pattern was originally for WW yarn. Then just weave in looong strands of the other yarn (or it might even look neat using the same yarn...). I used 4 strands for each "hole" but the original pattern called for only 2. 2 looked a little thin for me, so I just added more. I also added more fringe to the ends by cutting lengths and tying them on with a larks-head knot. Trim to the same length, and enjoy!

(I promise, I'll try and find the real pattern... but I think I threw out the printout last weekend in a cleaning fit...)

Archived